the richest/poorest sufu members

Guest jmatsu

ill admit im most likely one of the poorest of the forum.

18 and still living with my parents, only a few grand to my name.

i think there are probably quite a lot of 18-year-olds (and younger) on this forum. most of them probably don't have ANY money, much less a "few grand". be thankful, dude.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think there are probably quite a lot of 18-year-olds (and younger) on this forum. most of them probably don't have ANY money, much less a "few grand". be thankful, dude.

Dont get me wrong, im greatful that i havent been kicked out just yet haha but i dont see where my life goes from here on.

It would seem in this day and age alot of people know what they are going to be doing as a career or have had the chance to obtain a career at the age of 18 but i seem to be clueless.

Dont get me wrong, im greatful that i havent been kicked out just yet haha but i dont see where my life goes from here on.

It would seem in this day and age alot of people know what they are going to be doing as a career or have had the chance to obtain a career at the age of 18 but i seem to be clueless.

i COMPLETELY DISAGREE. (with everything you said.)

oh and i wasn't referring to being grateful for not having been kicked out, i was referring to having a SAVINGS, whether you're at home with the 'rents or not.

it only seems that way, primed.

The poorest on here should at least post fits... to flosszzz.

I however do not spend (alot of) money on sufu stuff. So I am rich.

i COMPLETELY DISAGREE. (with everything you said.)

oh and i wasn't referring to being grateful for not having been kicked out, i was referring to having a SAVINGS, whether you're at home with the 'rents or not.

What you ranting about? I wasnt talking about savings?

living w/ parents is not a bad thing at all when youd ont have to pay rent or for food.. but bringing friends over.. is bad.

with everything theres pro/cons i suppose

my adult life is gonan sstart soon... good bye to hs and all that.

im debating living wiht parents for local cc, or moving out and renting a place w/ 3 others for a diff cc...

• 4 weeks later...

i have only read the first four pages, but im amazed at how much money students here get from their parents, im not used to that. neither me nor most of my friends do get support anywhere near those dimensions.

my monthly income and expenses look something like this:

250€ job in the university

300€ - 600€ i work night shifts in a bar / club and have other job opportunities that i can take relatively free

250€ from my parents

- 220€ Rent

approx.

- 150€ Food

- 150€ going out

- 100€ random expenses

- what i have left and dont wanna save gets spend on clothing

i have to pay about 1300€ a year on tuition fees and public transport since last year, before studying was free. i paid half of it myself from savings last time. for holidays i usually save up or work straight for some time.

i admit, it took some time to find good jobs and a nice and cheap appartment, but now i live in a huge appartment with some friends. i dont save on food, but i usually cook or my flatmates do.

i might take some more money and work less in the future to concentrate on my thesis, as i did when i lived in a more expensive place and didnt have a job yet, but i wouldnt take more than 500€ a month. my parents could afford, but i have a good relationship to them, and i dont wanna live just off them, it wouldnt feel right. i have 3 smaller ciblings whose education has to be financed in the future and my parents have achieved everything they have on their own without aid. im used to working part time, ive done it since im 16 and legally allowed to. okay, i can not dress completely in ann or raf, but theres things you gotta save for later.

my parents could afford, but i have a good relationship to them, and i dont wanna live just off them, it wouldnt feel right. i have 3 smaller ciblings whose education has to be financed in the future and my parents have achieved everything they have on their own without aid.

you sound very american. (i am also american so save the hate, people.)

i doubt your parents would get into financial trouble or skimp on your younger siblings if they gave you more money. most people's parents are like, "we can afford to give you this, and that's it." sounds like they're good with money so if they can afford to help you more, why not take it?

Well, I got rejected wholly and fully for a student loan because I still live with my parents. So any cash I get has to go to tuition. Which isn't so bad because we have sane tuition prices in Canada. But it means I can't get my hands on any new steez.