the richest/poorest sufu members

Guest jmatsu

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking to pay it off in less than 5 years.

That's pretty awesome.

One of the most depressing things that professional schools tell you at orientation

What you take out to finance your education X 1.5 = What you will have to pay back

FUCKING INTEREST!!!!!

What you take out to finance your education X 1.5 = What you will have to pay back

FUCKING INTEREST!!!!!

While they're not entirely incorrect, you can look at it like this. And I didn't make this up...this comes from my economics professor.

When you borrow money for school, the longer you defer and make minimum payments, the less you actually end up paying. That's counter intuitive, because you'll be accruing interest for longer, but he believes that a significant inflation will hit soon. Because of the way that many contracts for "real" jobs are set, your cost of living increase will kick in, but your loan payments will stay the same. So in reality, you end up paying back more money, but the value of that money is completely different than what it was when you initially borrowed it, so you win.

Again, not my theory.

No chance inflation exceeds the interest. Bernanke is a smart guy and theres just no way. I just can't imagine a situation where we would experience a prolonged period of inflation over 8%.

Its an interesting theory, but it would require some major world catastrophes.

No chance inflation exceeds the interest. Bernanke is a smart guy and theres just no way. I just can't imagine a situation where we would experience a prolonged period of inflation over 8%.

Its an interesting theory, but it would require some major world catastrophes.

LOL.

IT R A POSSIBLITY, BUT IT NOT GOOD IDEA 2 EXPECT DAT -- PESSIMIS M ITSEFL WUD RUIN WOLRD ECONOMY LOL. NEWAY INFLASHUNZ RISIN AINT WAT WE DISCUSSIN, WE DISCUSSIN IZ DAT HIS PROF THINK DAT RATE OF INFLATION WILL B GREETR DAAN WAT THE BANK THOUGHT, THUS U WILL B PAYIN LESS MONIEZ, BUT DAT AINT EVN MATTER YO

i really hope so too...

but why would you say so?

in truth, i live at home with a mum who loves to cook, work at a place that entitles me to free drinks and gourmet food, which also requires me to dress up (and thus legitimises my splurging on clothes...).

so yes, apart from insurance, insane midnight cab fares and trivial domestic bills, the rest of my income is disposable - that said, i'm a working musician, and that can be financially challenging just about anywhere in the world. i'm not complaining though. i love my job.

my spending habits have gotten more...relaxed... after i went through a real low period. i realised that if i can manage expenditure on things that bring me some joy even if just on a superficial, material level, that's better than scrooging on yourself and feeling unncessarily miserable in addition to a whole lot of other depressing circumstances which cannot be improved with money.

when i was schooling i survived on a monthly allowance of less than $250usd although to be fair my mum would pay for most big ticket items.

though my take on this getting money from parents thing is - if you're fortunate and your parents are able to support you financially in some way or other, and that's their way of showing their concern for you, sure why not... so long as it's not squandered senselessly.

but remember that whatever you take in turn obliges you to them. be it spending time with them, taking care of them in their old age, putting up with their shit, or abiding by their rules.

there's no end to envying others for their wealth, talent, looks, wardrobe, dick size, photochop skills, hot date, good health etc. what you make with what you got means more than what you've got per se. so if you're funded by parents, and can buy expensive shit, then at least do that money justice by putting together decent ensembles.

i hoped that you were/are rich because, if this isn't so alotta members' fantasies would be ruined. we see the gourmet food, an abundance of new peices, etc, and i for one would love for this jet-set fantasy to be real...but i have read your explanation (not that you owed it to me or anyone else). i think it has to do with the fact that you are more active on the board in terms of actual photos...

anyway there is nothing wrong with spending your parents money. if i still spent my parents money i'd brag about it every chance i got. humility can be a virtue, but if one has the means, or a parent who has the means i see nothing wrong with being vocal or real with it (this is not really directed to soepom).

btw. how much does cabfare cost in singapore. how much does the meter start at?

n5461055521452673605copjy0.jpg

CRILLZ = RICHEST

(of heart and mind, not pocket)

this comment/pic would have been the best of this thread, but due to your distasteful peasant comforter it is not. go back to your shanties you dirty street urchin.

for the most part, ive always been a generous dude. I give back to the community when i have some extra cash. I enjoy seeing the smiles on kids faces who i've helped.

I like to play a role that matters, I enjoy giving to charity. Sick kids hospital is one of them. Im dedicated to seeing these diseases be cured and that these kids grow up to experience life at its fullest. My heart goes out to children. I never feel ashamed of this, i feel that everyone has the right to live in equality. A little can go a long way.

fuck the kids! this saintly rant isn't gonna help you get bitches on a material-obssessed fashion forum.

jmatsu, you rockin' the silk sheets and the high thread count egyptian cotton comforter?

i sleep in a titanium-oxygen chamber that i commissioned nasa to produce.

i have been renting the batcave from bruce wayne throughout the summers since 92'. it comes with a man-servant named called "robin."