Guest jmatsu

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really hope soepom is rich.

i really hope so too...

but why would you say so?

in truth, i live at home with a mum who loves to cook, work at a place that entitles me to free drinks and gourmet food, which also requires me to dress up (and thus legitimises my splurging on clothes...).

so yes, apart from insurance, insane midnight cab fares and trivial domestic bills, the rest of my income is disposable - that said, i'm a working musician, and that can be financially challenging just about anywhere in the world. i'm not complaining though. i love my job.

my spending habits have gotten more...relaxed... after i went through a real low period. i realised that if i can manage expenditure on things that bring me some joy even if just on a superficial, material level, that's better than scrooging on yourself and feeling unncessarily miserable in addition to a whole lot of other depressing circumstances which cannot be improved with money.

when i was schooling i survived on a monthly allowance of less than $250usd although to be fair my mum would pay for most big ticket items.

though my take on this getting money from parents thing is - if you're fortunate and your parents are able to support you financially in some way or other, and that's their way of showing their concern for you, sure why not... so long as it's not squandered senselessly.

but remember that whatever you take in turn obliges you to them. be it spending time with them, taking care of them in their old age, putting up with their shit, or abiding by their rules.

there's no end to envying others for their wealth, talent, looks, wardrobe, dick size, photochop skills, hot date, good health etc. what you make with what you got means more than what you've got per se. so if you're funded by parents, and can buy expensive shit, then at least do that money justice by putting together decent ensembles.

^^ Just make one with your face !

i knew someone here who was driving a lamborghini and spent like 10000 dollars per month as a college student...but too bad he disappeared long long ago...

Was this really a long time ago? I remember in the show your house/apartment thread supershopper there was one guy who showed off some insane house that was owned by his parents with a strategically placed lambo (or maybe some other riidiculous car) in the pictures. Save the bad architecture, the house looked awesome probably because of the location.

But I have the house to myself mostly, that's pretty cool. And I expect my dad to buy me my own house when I get married, though he has said that I won't get it if I marry a white boy.

I am not white. Marry me?

I'm also student... halfway of my studies my parents couldn't support me anymore so now i'm working 4 days a week in a restaurant while attending college. I earn 600 euro/month from that.

I spent /month

150 euro for rent

100 euro for food

80 euro for train tickets

100 euro tuition fee

40 euro insurance

and occasionnaly i have buy books...

the rest i spent on whatever i want...

I don't doubt it. I went to school with a couple of people like that. One girl I know is the daughter of a Lord in England. The real deal... private plane, huge mansion in England, apartments all over the world, a whole set of polo horses. The high school she goes to now costs more than college tuition anywhere.

I'd honestly would say she wasn't spoiled though. Well she was, but she didn't care. Like she'd sleep on someone's sofa and eat cold pizza the next morning and it didn't matter.

Yea, my dad is a finnancial advisor so my family has a lot of contact with really rich people and the richest ones are the most humble ones, even though they own a bunch of companies and estate and a plane and cars, etc.

Yea, my dad is a finnancial advisor so my family has a lot of contact with really rich people and the richest ones are the most humble ones, even though they own a bunch of companies and estate and a plane and cars, etc.

I'd like to point out that is not necessarily always true. I attend a private school in which some of Southern California / the world's wealthiest people attend and they are not always humble.