the richest/poorest sufu members

Guest jmatsu

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda like ProfMonitoff.

My parents are back home in Indonesia and they just send me monthly money.

For them, they feel obliged to finance their kid until they graduate from college.

I even believe they will still get me a house or a car or some other big gift when I get married.

I receive 1000 euros a month and it kinda goes like this..

room+bills: 400 eur

daily transport: almost nothing. cause I bike.

food: hmm.. 200 eur tops

phone: 40-100 eur

and basically that's it..

school tuition fee is already paid in advance in the beginning of every college year.

and whenever i feel like going on a holiday to some other countries i'll just give them a ring and they'll send me more money because they don't want me to use my monthly money. hehe.

i rarely go out but when i do i got my bf to pay for my drinks. ;)

so.. i can basically shop with whatever money i had left. and it's usually quite enough (around 200 eur). and to earn extra money i just do some babysitting job.

My monthly spendings right now:

Tuition: 250 pounds

Rent: 300 pounds

Food: 300 pounds

Going out/drinking/taxis: 200 pounds

Phone: 30 pounds

Random expenses: 100 pounds (if this isn't used up i save it)

Saving/investment: 500 pounds

Clothes: 200 pounds

I get 2k a month from my parents, from which I finance everything. None of that "we'll pay your tuition and food and whatever and here just take this extra money". I think at 25% investment I'm doing pretty well.

Most of my clothes are bought through birthday and christmas money, and I recently had a decent amount because of graduation.

2 thousand pounds a month? Jesus

I'm kinda like ProfMonitoff.

My parents are back home in Indonesia and they just send me monthly money.

For them, they feel obliged to finance their kid until they graduate from college.

I even believe they will still get me a house or a car or some other big gift when I get married.

I receive 1000 euros a month and it kinda goes like this..

room+bills: 400 eur

daily transport: almost nothing. cause I bike.

food: hmm.. 200 eur tops

phone: 40-100 eur

and basically that's it..

school tuition fee is already paid in advance in the beginning of every college year.

and whenever i feel like going on a holiday to some other countries i'll just give them a ring and they'll send me more money because they don't want me to use my monthly money. hehe.

i rarely go out but when i do i got my bf to pay for my drinks. ;)

so.. i can basically shop with whatever money i had left. and it's usually quite enough (around 200 eur). and to earn extra money i just do some babysitting job.

this is me except for the extra trip money....

I've been saving up my extra leftover $$$ to get good quality pieces instead of blowing every last euro in a zara or h&M spree.

Damn, I want my parents to throw me some money dammit. I owe my parents $500 from NY, and that was all money given when I called and told them I was going to starve. At home I can barely ask my parents for $20 let alone a G.

2 thousand pounds a month? Jesus

Look at how it's spent though. Here's what I could theoretically cut:

Savings

Clothes

Going out

maybe cut food by 100

I'm sure most of your parents were saving money for you when you were 17. Mine just give it to me instead and trust me to be responsible with it. 300 pounds is necessary to eat healthy food. If I lived off cereal and ramen I could obviously save a bit there but before doing that I'd cut other expenses.

Honestly, my only "fun" expenses are 200 for going out and 200 for clothes. That's 800 dollars a month. I think that's more than reasonable.

There's this dude on this other forum i post on and he says he has a title in italy and he was tutored by the duke of i dont know where and its pretty funny, although he does have an inmense ammount of high end and custom made shoes and a loootttt of ties and hes only like 18

I don't doubt it. I went to school with a couple of people like that. One girl I know is the daughter of a Lord in England. The real deal... private plane, huge mansion in England, apartments all over the world, a whole set of polo horses. The high school she goes to now costs more than college tuition anywhere.

I'd honestly would say she wasn't spoiled though. Well she was, but she didn't care. Like she'd sleep on someone's sofa and eat cold pizza the next morning and it didn't matter.

I'm sure most of your parents were saving money for you when you were 17. Mine just give it to me instead and trust me to be responsible with it.

I think you make a good point, people (in general) seem to be quick to judge someone for simply accepting money from their parents. I don't really see how thats a bad thing. I got money from my parents when I used live at home, but when I started making money I obviously started paying for myself.

the point where I think it goes wrong is when someone brags about their wealth while being completely supported by their parents. if someone is paying for your ass you should be humble and thankful about it. this is not directed towards anyone here btw, just a general observation.

it depends on where you're living. profmonitoff lives the UK where stuff is expensive as shiz. I get 1k euros a month living in italy but would probably need double or triple that in england to keep up with rent, food and transport.

If my parents told me they wanted to give me 4 thousand euros per month i would probably wet my pants with various bodily fluids. I'm jealous as hell to be honest :D

yea thats much more then what I used to get, but then again I didn't have to pay for living and eating back then :o

My parents moved back to China pernamently, two years ago. They left me a house here, and a car. I get rent from the house and that goes to:

Bills.

Car rego.

Council fees.

Insurance (health, mum's life insurance).

Their home loan.

Travel

Food

Uni

Rent

Going out

Clothes

^ Less of these two in the past 6 months.

They don't give me any money anymore. I've been digging into my own savings because my dad found out about it when he came over for a shopping trip. Told me to pay off his credit card as he went back overseas with a new Armani jacket.

I think my brother sold off our bike before he left for china too, I would really like to cut down on transport.

But I have the house to myself mostly, that's pretty cool. And I expect my dad to buy me my own house when I get married, though he has said that I won't get it if I marry a white boy.

At present I'm pretty poor in terms of income as opposed to assets, thanks to all my wealth being tied up into property and interest rates being cripplingly high at the moment. I'm rich enough to live without working and claiming a basic rate of student loan, but I can't spend much at the moment (plus good food + beer takes precedent over all).

Roll on inflation slowing so I can get that $300/month I'm losing out on back.

reputation_neg.gifthe richest/poorest... 10-20-2007 02:36 PM wEstSidE YOU'RE COMPLETELY AND ABSOLUTELY WRONG THIS THREAD IS A STATEMENT ON WHY VERY FEW OF THE PEOPLE HERE WILL EVER BE SUCCESSFUL WITH MONEY. IT'S VERY PAINFUL TO SEE THE MISMANAGEMENT, ICHIGO'S MADE ME CRINGE.

This confused me rather, but I think it's the grammar.

If you're saying what I think, then yes I suppose rich people do rack up a bunch of debt, I had too much faith in people's stupidity. But I'm not completely and utterly wrong in my point, because it's perfectly easy to rack up $30k in debt if you're poor, which is more what I was getting at.

For the record, whilst I'm bumbling along on loans for another 9 months I have enough money invested outside of property to pay all but about £2000 of it straight up. And with interest rates being so high at present, taking any equity out of my property would be fucking insane right now, so I'd like to not be filed in the 'mismanaged' category thanks.

To be honest I don't think Kiya is that rich. I mean he's certainly not poor, but it's not as if 300 bucks were transferred to his bank account every time he sells a pair of flat heads.

i don't think you have been paying enough attention to his posts :P.

if i had to put my money on who is the richest man on sufu, i would say kiya, but i am sure that not all money comes from self edge or that other shop he has.

First Post - First Response

i am a full time student and i don't pay for anything thanks to the parents.

i get certain amount of money every month to spend, mostly it goes to the obvious

that being cloth,shoes etc....

__Yons__