Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

just pulled my size 32 out of the dryer for a last 15 min quick heat dry, after they had been air drying for about 5 hrs. They are def dead on with BiG 's measurements a little big for me in the waist but the thigh is dead on. So Im gonna suck it up and belt it.

Just thought I'd give an update to my sizing saga.

Here's the synopsis of my sz31:

Raw waist was atleast 35, if not larger. My girlfriend told me that they looked big enough for the fat guy at work to wear and I didn't necessarily disagree with her (I've seen this guy...his obesity factor is off the charts). Washed hot and dried on high for 35 minutes. Jeans were slightly damp when dryer was finished (the fly and pockets weren't totally dry). Waist measured 33.5 which was still way too big.

Soaked in very hot water (as hot as my tub would go) for 4 hours last night, changing water frequently to make sure it was hot. They were dry as of this morning and the waist measured 32 inches (16 inches across). I can certainly work with the waist now (have to wear a belt) but the fit is pretty good in the legs. The left leg has twisted quite well too. I'll post pics later tonight.

Total waist shrinkage: 3 inches (if not more)

i talked to gordon yesterday... the rest are on the way to the shop, and everything will be shipped out and received before the 5th.

Not everyone is a local delivery. Mine will be going out this week, but USPS to Thailand often takes several weeks. AND, if it gets hung up in customs, yet another week or two.

I'm not complaining. I'm in this for the fun of it. I just think you could chill a bit on the mandatory language. Didn't Beatle say she wanted to wait until New Year's?

Whatever.

Sure. Whatever. As noted, I'm doing this for the fun of it.

Guest Arcarsenal
I haven't received them yet, but based on what I've seen here, I might need to trade my 28's for 29's. Stay tuned.

Hey, let's keep in touch, I might need to trade my 29's for 28's.

edit: did you requesting any hemming? I only ask because in the event we do trade I requested a 34 inch inseam, don't want that to be a problem.

Following on from LeicaLad:

I wouldn't guarantee them here in London by the 5th either. USPS can take up to 2 weeks to reach here (I chose the cheaper shipping option) and as far as I know Gordon hasn't shipped mine out yet.

It doesn't really bother me to lose a week or two on the contest but just to let you know there is a world beyond your shores.

ok... regarding the start date of the 5th... according to gordon they should all be to you by the 5th, but if they come late then we will work with it. what we dont want is people holding on to them for a long time and not wearing them and dragging the contest out.

Hey, let's keep in touch, I might need to trade my 29's for 28's.

edit: did you requesting any hemming? I only ask because in the event we do trade I requested a 34 inch inseam, don't want that to be a problem.

I requested a 33" inseam; not sure if that would work for you. Anyway, I'll keep in touch if I need to trade.

ok... regarding the start date of the 5th... according to gordon they should all be to you by the 5th, but if they come late then we will work with it. what we dont want is people holding on to them for a long time and not wearing them and dragging the contest out.

I feel you CUZ!

Thats all good, and fair enough Cheep. I guess if you have a deadline for pictures as mid Nov. 2008, (allowing a couple of weeks for photographing) then people who start late will just have to live with less than 1 year wear. It's up to them in the end when they start.