Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

aw, don't doubt yourself, man.

I know I don't wear my jeans nearly as hard as many folks here :).

Do you have any presoak/postsoak measurements?

I didn't measure pre-soak (except waist: 36").

Post-soak and dry (approximately):

waist 34"

front rise 10.5"

back rise 15.5" -> This is higher than I thought it would be

upper thigh 12"

knee 9"

leg opening 8.5"

inseam 36"

I think it will shrink a bit more if after another hot wash, close to the posted measurement at BiG.

These things are huge. My size 31 is well....anything but a 31 (after a long hot soak and spin in the dryer). Pre-soak the waist was 34. I'm not sure what they measure now (I'll edit with measurements later after work) but I'd say they are more suitable for a true 33.

Needless to say I'm a little disappointed. Anyone want to trade a 30 for my 31?

Didn't anyone read the measurements posted on BiG???

The tagged sizes measure about +2 sizes (so a tagged 30 would measure 32 post-soak)

Thats why I got a 29 (so I could get my true waist size aka 31)

I went a step further and tried on the sample at BIG. I tried on the 32 and it was smaller than the 31's that I ended up getting. Now genius boy, tell me what I should do about that?

official start date is 11-5-07... those who have started early will finish early

all jeans will be shipped and recieved by that date. the contest will end one year from this date. please try to make any trades before then. there will be no selling of the jeans until everyone is satisfied with the jeans... lets trade within ourselves before we start selling these off.

official start date is 11-5-07... those who have started early will finish early

all jeans will be shipped and recieved by that date. the contest will end one year from this date. please try to make any trades before then. there will be no selling of the jeans until everyone is satisfied with the jeans... lets trade within ourselves before we start selling these off.

suggestion: paste this post ^ into the first post of this thread, so that people looking for the rules a few pages from now can find it easily.

I was not in any hurry to get started, but seeing all the jeans posted is making me hope Gordon has a pair coming my way soon! They look great.

I went a step further and tried on the sample at BIG. I tried on the 32 and it was smaller than the 31's that I ended up getting. Now genius boy, tell me what I should do about that?

really strange. i tried the 660s on at BiG too, and the SUFU660 i received turned out to be just the way i anticipated. +2 sizes than tagged.

SUFU660 size 28 is sitting very comfortably on my normally size 30 waist. (but i hot soaked and air-dried them, so no hot dryer.)

another thing you might want to try is to add some scorching boiling water when you soak them. i did that for the dirty dozen +1 thread and the denim shrunk really well, as long as making the patch look real cool.

the leg twist is definitely one of the nice characteristics of good denim like this.

Like chicken said, they probably didn't shrink all the way yet :P, I tried on the sample 28 + 30 and found the 28 was a bit too tight and the 30 was a bit too loose, so the 29 should fit nice. I'll wait for mine, but I don't expect all the shrinkage to occur with the first wash.

did you soak your 31's yet?

^ what's your normal waist size?

in other words, if you got a 31, you should normally be a 33. otherwise, further hot washing and machine drying can only do so much.

I don't know my actual waist measurement, but I can give you reference jeans that should help:

SDA 101: 31

SDA 103: 32

PBJ-005: 32

Sorahiko: 31

I agree, I'm not going to kill these things trying to get them to my size. This is the first time I've ever put a pair of jeans in the dryer. I'll either wear them with a large waist or just find someone who wants to trade/sell. Somehow I don't think I'll find a trade though since the odds of undershooting one's size seems rather low.

I don't know my actual waist measurement, but I can give you reference jeans that should help:

SDA 101: 31

SDA 103: 32

PBJ-005: 32

Sorahiko: 31

I agree, I'm not going to kill these things trying to get them to my size. This is the first time I've ever put a pair of jeans in the dryer. I'll either wear them with a large waist or just find someone who wants to trade/sell. Somehow I don't think I'll find a trade though since the odds of undershooting one's size seems rather low.

looking at those sizes, you should have got a 29. maybe you can trade with someone that's gaining weight.

looking at those sizes, you should have got a 29. maybe you can trade with someone that's gaining weight.

Am I the only one who found the thighs too thin to size down much. I could have fit the waist of a 33, but the legs of the 36 were where I ended up. A 35 would have fixed that, but ah well. Taking in the waist isn't too bad I suppose.

looking at pete's measurements, my guess is that 29 will be on the riskier side, depending on your build. 30 should be good, especially if he was going to hot wash/hot dry them. 31 will be loose, almost like a XX fit instead of the intended 66 fit, which isn't bad if you like that.

looking at pete's measurements, my guess is that 29 will be on the riskier side, depending on your build. 30 should be good, especially if he was going to hot wash/hot dry them. 31 will be loose, almost like a XX fit instead of the intended 66 fit, which isn't bad if you like that.

Chicken is right on here. These look quite similar to my "XX" cuts. In fact, there really isn't a problem with the legs, just the waist. My guess is that 29 would be pushing it. 30 is what I could really go for in retrospect. Perhaps not putting any pressure on the waist of my 31s will result in very little stretching?

^ yup, but the only other thing you might want to consider is that your fit is going to change the fade patterns.

the waist shouldn't stretch too much if there's minimum pressure on it. but it's a little difficult to tell without having any former experience with these.