Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

Ok I'm normally a waist 30 and knew these ran a bit big so sized down to a 29. When I picked them up at BIG I tried the 28 and they fit me much better. I then tried on 27's and opted to go for them because I wanted a slimmer fit. I would of never guessed I'd be rocking a size 27? I'm hot soaking these wearing them to reduce shrinkage in the waist.

DAMN you went from a normal 30 to 27. I am a normal 30 but I opted for the 29, I hope they aint huge on me.

I decided these are too big for me. I don't want to talk about it.... :(

Who wants 'em?

SIZE 32 hemmed to 34" No signs of wear.

Here are the measurements after a soak, machine and a half a day of wear :

waist 34"

front rise 11"

back rise 16"

upper thigh 12"

knee 9.25"

leg opening 8.5"

inseam 32"

I'll try to procure a smaller pair somehow. Hopefully....

PM me.

Gordon is willing to write a lower value on the customs form, so you won't get hit by the customs. However, if I were you, I'd ask him to do this, just to be sure since I don't know if he writes a low value on every package that leaves the US.

Thanks! just emailed him...

Guest Arcarsenal

Man you guys are all freaking me out.... I ordered a 29x34 and now I'm afraid it's going to be too big! The only thing I'm worried about is the waist size though, thighs should be fine. I'm going to blast them with a hot wash and dry when I get them and see what happens...

ok now i'm really scared. do i actually have to DO anything? email anyone? subcsribe to anything? I've orded the jeans way back.. paid etc. I'm sitting here in new zealand.. (any other new zealanders in the contest btw?) and i havent really been up to date..

someone PM me if i actually need to talk to someone/find somone etc.. i'll try to be up to date with this thread.

thanks.

^I think you'll be fine, just wait.

Emaze his post about the size scares me, only went down one, hoping that that can be solved with a hot soak and maybe the dryer (though I'd prefer not too).

Will see when they arrive, though I now feel sort of pressed to soak them as soon as they're in to check for the size, wich fucks up my starting plans.

hmmmm

Man you guys are all freaking me out.... I ordered a 29x34 and now I'm afraid it's going to be too big! The only thing I'm worried about is the waist size though, thighs should be fine. I'm going to blast them with a hot wash and dry when I get them and see what happens...

if you they are, you can send them my way. :D

if anyone else doesn't want to keep their 29's & 30's, pm me.

The fit is definitely unusual. I tried on the washed 34 and 36 samples at the store, and the 34s were painted on tight in the legs, but with plenty of room in the waist. The 36s fit just right in the legs, but I had a clown waist. They're kind of like super slim jeans a few sizes up from tagged in my opinion. Oh well, next contest.

ok, ok, sorry for freaking everyone the fuck out on my sizing down so much! First off if you sized down just one size you should be fine if you hot soak them, hot wash them, & hot dry them...(the usual stuff to shrink) To ease your worries I sized down so much because I wanted them very slim and I need motivation to lose some damn weight this winter. So everyone calm down. I put them back on while they were drying and I thought I was going to explode like a burrito. I ended up sleeping in them while they were wet to keep my waist size from shrinking too much, cause I would of never fit into them. Needless to say my girlfriend thinks I'm crazy and told me not to have my wet ass touch her. I'm rocking them right now at work and yes they are tight but I'm sure with some time they will stretch out a bit. Once again me sizing down 3 sizes was more on the extreme side. If you sized down 2 or 1 size you should just be fine. These do run big so if you stayed true to size or sized up 1, then you might want to think about finding someone to switch with you.

EDIT: also in terms of hemming, Gordon knows better to leave room for shrinkage

cool shot of Gordon hemming my jeans....(oh on a side note while I was in BIG yesterday I met the president of Pure Blue Jeans, he was in town)Gordon.jpg

holy hell that patch looks great emaze

i'm just twiddling my thumbs hoping for a shipping confirmation. If I don't get them til the second batch, no big deal I guess. I'm also waiting on the preordered W+H stuff and a vintage woolrich vest I got off ebay.