Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

wow , i dont remember them. looks beautiful drz. so you got em true to size? i guess rmc doesnt produce as oversized as lee japan does. love the denim and the fit. thanks again

With Fardin on the denim and the fit.

Just begining to see why real mccoys are top of the class.

Thanks for posting.

nice group shot

hey charlie

here is a pic of the lee sammler jacket, wich looks like the first lined lee cowboy, we were talking about a long time ago. though this is not an accurate repro, still one gets the idea

kopievon10093820768.jpg

nice group shot

hey charlie

here is a pic of the lee sammler jacket, wich looks like the first lined lee cowboy, we were talking about a long time ago. though this is not an accurate repro, still one gets the idea

kopievon10093820768.jpg

Thanks fardin, yeah it does look similar.

Would be good if the real mccoys did an accurate copy, but IMO the linings on the Lee repros that are out there are different than the originals.

Dont know why that is, maybe very difficult to get a machine which makes them like the old ones, or too expensive.

Lvc also cant reproduce the original type linings.

Any fabric guru's out there know why this is?

not a vintage nor a Jap repro; Lee 101J stormrider jacket from the Lee icons line; thought I'd post some pictures to show their interpretation of this jacket.

Jacket was made in Poland btw

wuhi_8aa_u31k.jpg

Lonesome cowboy

wuhi_8d3_u31k.jpg

wuhi_ef0_u31k.jpg

some indigo stains on the collar

wuhi_3ae_u31k.jpg

I think I will give it a soak before wearing; i know its supposed to be sanforised but looking at the collar, i have the feeling this jacket might bleed all over me

yes thanks doc, and interesting one, since it does not even have the button on the back of the waistband. i have never seen this one.

pity its way to small

I think it's a childs model as they usually have no adjustment straps/ bakelite buttons.

I've only seen pics of the pre-45 pleated model with that older style font of 'Lee' on the neck label, so this is a first for me too.

Probably the same era as the 'housemark' labelled 101LJ in Paul's book.

^^Please pull up your trousers young man:)

Lee 1930 101b @ circa 6 months as promised. These deserve at least another 6 months and I will be back to them in 2012 after the Roy x Cone contest. I have a pair of Warehouse I'm a couple of months into as well which will also be seeing some action, so in effect I know what jeans i will be wearing for the next two years!

Front:

img2491l2.jpg

Back:

img2507l2.jpg

Roping coming up:

img2493l2.jpg

Seat:

img2513l2.jpg