The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

After blowing out my 17th pair of jeans in 2.5 years I finally ponied up for some Iron Heart 9301's from Self Edge NYC. Great store, great service, nice dudes. Sidney happened to be in which is always a pleasant surprise.

First thoughts on these jeans was fuck that's expensive. Then I did a quick calc of how much 17 pairs of $35-70 jeans I had bought and realized that no, this wasn't expensive. 2nd, these are beautifully made. Not a stitch or seam out of place, unreal denim, great cut for my normally weird biker body. 3rd, 21oz denim is thick as all fuck but somehow, surprisingly more comfortable than I thought they would be right off the rack.

This is the first pair of Japanese denim I've ever owned and I'm really happy with them so far. Let's see how long they last.

damn pbj's are sooo fukn slubby, i thought sam's vx denim was slubby but from all the pbj's i've seen they are on another level... +rep

these are my first pair of denim so i wouldnt really know how the slub is on other denim. i tell you tho the latest wash highlighted the slub or something.

its basically all white

Sams - post hot soak. before repairs.. gotta patch the crotch and keep the pocket bags from completely falling out. other than that, they have a ton of life left in them.

3909254200_e1f886206d.jpg

3909254106_3fe412dd4a.jpg

x-posted from kicking mule thread

Alright so I wore my Rockers for 6 months and I got BARELY any fading. I think this is because I never presoaked them before I started wearing them because after I soaked them after 6 months that is when the fading began.

I stopped wearing these jeans about 3 months ago when I got my Iron Hearts and started wearing these as work jeans when I worked on my car so they turned black. A few nights ago I put them in the washer because I didn't care anymore and this is how they turned out:

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1643.jpg