The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

maybe a dumb question and it probably belongs in the pbj thread whatever.. - but if the warp and weft fibers are indigo on the 007, why is the edge of the denim white?

edit: just posted in pbj thread as well

selvage is a phonetic for "self edge;" the line on selvage denim is added manually in the rolling process and isn't the same material as the denim itself.

maybe a dumb question and it probably belongs in the pbj thread whatever.. - but if the warp and weft fibers are indigo on the 007, why is the edge of the denim white?

edit: just posted in pbj thread as well

The warp and weft threads are dyed prior to the denim being woven together and when the outside edge fiber is to be added to the bolt the white cotton fiber is introduced along with the red (or whatever color selvedge you want) fiber.

big ups to slush for the photo op. we'll get up again some time soon, most def. smokes on me...jyoni, get the no.2 evisus, and dead the stfs. trust me now, thank me later. its like night and day. crayon, dont fuck up this thread with your cum-stain stories.MORE IMPORTANTLY, WASH YOUR SHITS, YOU DICK! and oh, watch your language, this is a family website. paul T is like paul pierce in the finals...the truth.

Here are my 501 STF's. I picked them up on sale for 30 bucks. I have had them for four months and wore them about 15 weeks (got way too hot for jeans). They have seen about 3 miles of biking everyday and wear and tear at my university's machine shop plus random abuse.

I did an initial hot soak + dryer when I got them to shrink them all the way. I just did a cold soak, but these pictures are pre-cold soak.

IMG_5013.jpg

IMG_5014.jpg

IMG_5016.jpg

IMG_5017.jpg

selvage is a phonetic for "self edge;" the line on selvage denim is added manually in the rolling process and isn't the same material as the denim itself.

i know what selvage is......

i wasnt sure though, if the white thread was added after the ream of denim fabric was done, or if, for some reason it was just undyed weft.

when i've looked at pictures it isnt a single stitch, its covering the exposed selvage weft area i guess. .. definately thinkin of gettin a pair, so i was just curious since i had never seen a close-up - thanks :)

Those are awesome xelph. I've been looking for my next pair and I'm stuck between imperials, samurais, flat heads, and sugar canes lol. But those definitely make me lean in a certain direction.

EDIT: wow totally thought those were samurais. sorry for the noob mistake.

big ups to slush for the photo op. we'll get up again some time soon, most def. smokes on me...jyoni, get the no.2 evisus, and dead the stfs. trust me now, thank me later. its like night and day. crayon, dont fuck up this thread with your cum-stain stories.MORE IMPORTANTLY, WASH YOUR SHITS, YOU DICK! and oh, watch your language, this is a family website. paul T is like paul pierce in the finals...the truth.

this struck me as "shoutouts/introduction in a rap song" for some reason.

are everyone's skull jeans falling apart still?

hell naw! well, maybe just a bit. pretty minor stuff. i quit wearing them hard after 4-5 months and the random thread breaks seemed to have stopped.

I like how you lined them all up by the combs. It looks cool. You should put up some more detailed pics as time goes on.

yeah, looks like andy goldsworthy or something...but with denim. pretty cool.