japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

i thought hiro-kun had a gf but it didn't last?

sure.

we went to GLAD in dogenzaka. the club is in the love hotel district of shibuya.

i really don't know what happened to mrip but hope he is okay.

we drank lots of cheap dranks at 赤ã¡ã‚‡ã†ã¡ã‚“. he was def. all right when we went to the club. he was dancing with some bros then he like totally passed out on the floor.

Nah, he broke up with the girl after one month.

I think his confidence has been shot.

Trying to introduce him to some nice girls.

looks like djrajio is going to bail on us on friday b/c he's got some hot datez with some hot jbzs

S

A

D

looks like we have to go to M.U.S.É to drink some ROSÉ on friday

Yeah Friday maybe later in the night.

Basically this girl I've liked for 2 years asked me out two weeks ago.

Not sure why she did out of the blue.

So gonna grab dinner with her.

Hello all,

I take it this is the general topic for Japan? I'm planning a trip to Japan at the beginning of next year with a friend. The only thing I have as an advantage is I know the language, and everything else I have no idea how to organise. Accomodation, where to go, etc. It would be perfect if anybody could give me some insight into this. I definitely want to do some shopping, as I love buying clothes.

I'll give you a answer. I went back packing through Japan for 4 months prior to which I had no travel experience. Start by considering where you wanna stay and how you wanna do it. If you wanna have a base city or if you just wanna jaunt from city to city. Once that's considered then set a rough plan but leave it open. Book your first weeks accommodation as soon as you can and then plan from that.

Airbnb has good apartment sharing. Hostelworld has good hostels. Tripadvisor has good hotels. Couchsurfing if your on a uber budget.

As for shopping a few hours of internet searching will give you stockists of the brands you wanna buy, especially if you speak nihongo.

Set yourself a list, work though it and you'll have a worthwhile time.

paging mrip:

何度言ã£ã¦ã‚‚知らãªã„人ãŒå¤šã„よã†ãªã®ã§ã€ã¾ãŸæ”¹ã‚ã¦è¨€ã‚ã›ã¦ã‚‚らã†ãŒã€Œã‚³ã‚³ã‚¤ãƒã®ã‚«ãƒ¬ãƒ¼ãƒ«ãƒ¼ã¯ç„¡æ–™ã§ãŠã‹ã‚ã‚Šå¯èƒ½ã€ã§ã‚る。ã“ã‚Œã¯å…¬å¼ã«ã‚³ã‚³ã‚¤ãƒãŒè¨­å®šã—ã¦ã„るルールã§ã‚ã‚Šã€ã©ã“ã®åº—舗ã§ã‚‚基本的ã«ç„¡æ–™ã§ãŠã‹ã‚ã‚Šã§ãる。

cocoichi gives you unlimited curry sauce

chyeah

also,

i've been living in japan for the past 6 months (well, i went off to hawaii for a couple of months) and this trip is about to end because i'm going back in a couple of days.

it was the honestly the best time i've had for as long as i can remember

highlights

-partied hard in HK and Macau

-scored a half jbz thanks to rajio-chan

-partied hard in hawaii. copped a cbz and hit up a bunch of clubs and kyabakuras thanks to jmatsu.

-got to run a half-marathon in HI. i've never felt this awesome in life, healthwise

-traveled to LA, Houston, and Atlanta. partied hard with my boy in H-town

-went to kanazawa. made a bunch of friends. ate lots of good food and partied for free (settai concept)

-people in hawaii were super nice to me. regained faith in humanity.

-got to see cherry blossoms in tokyo, which i haven't done since I left JPN

-got to show tokyo to my friends visiting from the US. thanks for coming out kasper, mrip, and my ex co-workers

i know some of this crap is hella corny but chyeah

thanks for everything guys. i gotta look for a job now but i think i can get through this.

Edited by herpsky

Good for you man.

I know we bromanced over curry on Sat and talked about some deep level shit but you'll get through this.

Everybody goes through something simliar.

You'll get to where you want to go but it will just take a little bit longer.

Just remember that life isnt a sprint but a marathon.

Getting to where you want to go earliest/fastest isn't always the best scenario.

best of luck homie

Edited by djrajio

i did a quick search for IT jobs in japan and all of them require more experience or more japanese knowledge than i have.

gonna be grinding in man jose for a while :(

i did a quick search for IT jobs in japan and all of them require more experience or more japanese knowledge than i have.

gonna be grinding in man jose for a while :(

tokyo curry shot bar.