japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

^ Ha. I wanna know the cons about it is all because I work 12 hours a week, 3 weeks a month and I'm on Â¥250k. I'm not an ALT though so maybe that's shittier and I'm starting to think I'm just lucky.

Plus the company got me a visa for 3 years with no employment attachment so I can leave them anytime. I'm hoping to find photography work. That's why I took the job. For me it was a way to get here. I know it's not easy in Japan, but you still gotta make the job work for you, not the other way around. I dunno, just what I think.

Only shit thing is I'm in Nagasaki and not in OSK or TOK.

^ Ha. I wanna know the cons about it is all because I work 12 hours a week, 3 weeks a month and I'm on Â¥250k. I'm not an ALT though so maybe that's shittier and I'm starting to think I'm just lucky.

Plus the company got me a visa for 3 years with no employment attachment so I can leave them anytime. I'm hoping to find photography work. That's why I took the job. For me it was a way to get here. I know it's not easy in Japan, but you still gotta make the job work for you, not the other way around. I dunno, just what I think.

Only shit thing is I'm in Nagasaki and not in OSK or TOK.

What is there do to in nagasaki?

250k will actually get you far in nagasaki.

Tokyo less so.

250k basically is my rent for my apartment in Tokyo. Lolz....

What is there do to in nagasaki?

250k will actually get you far in nagasaki.

Tokyo less so.

250k basically is my rent for my apartment in Tokyo. Lolz....

Hah, I figured. Staying there for a month sent me broke. I pay 50k here for a modern 1K about 5 minutes from downtown and central so I'm clearing a little coin but nothing to sniff at.

Nagasaki's okay. Drinking scene is strong (where isn't?) but club isn't. Practically non existent. Some larger bars get a DJ every now and then. Fukuoka is a 2 hour train ride and the night scene there is really good.

I divide my time between the skatepark, learning to fish and a few regular cafes. Hoping to start island/beach hopping this summer cause the surrounding islands have some really nice beaches. But Nagasaki is a good city for 700k people. Plenty to do.

I divide my time between the skatepark, learning to fish and a few regular cafes. Hoping to start island/beach hopping this summer cause the surrounding islands have some really nice beaches. But Nagasaki is a good city for 700k people. Plenty to do.

That's kinda like me living in the states. It's not great but things could a lot worse.

250k a month is pretty good considering that was the average eikaiwa salary about 6ish years ago - now its like 190-225k.

my friend who is originally from poland has lived in tokyo since 2003 (just before the eikaiwa bubble burst) and has had the same job ever since arriving - teaching 6/7yr old kids english for 20hrs a week at 330k a month. pretty sweet deal really, all he has is a degree in fine art or something and his (japanese) wife works for reuters so its almost like a supplementary income.

Edited by conqueror

From a recent Tokyo Balla's Club Party!!!

We ordered way too many bottles of Salons and Ace of Spades (courtesy of jmatsu and raj senpais).

vgSnAjpl.jpg

Edited by herpsky

I'm going to be in Tokyo next month, for about a week.

Any suggestions for the best accommodation for under a $100 USD? 

it's pretty warm now.  just get some card board. 

Undercover Archive Garage Sale 5.11 to 5.19

THE MAD MARKETã€ã¯ã€5月11日~19æ—¥ã®9日間é™å®šã§é’山店内ã«å‡ºç¾ã€‚倉庫ã«çœ ã£ã¦ã„ãŸã¨ã„ã†éŽåŽ»ã®ã‚µãƒ³ãƒ—ル商å“ã‚„ã€ã“ã‚Œã¾ã§ã€ŒUNDERCOVERã€ãŒé›†ã‚ã¦ããŸå¤ç€ã®ã‚³ãƒ¬ã‚¯ã‚·ãƒ§ãƒ³ã‚’カスタムã—ãŸONE-OFF(ï¼1点物)アイテムã®é™å®šè²©å£²ã‚‚予定ã•ã‚Œã¦ã„る。å–り扱ã„ã¯ãƒ•ã‚¡ãƒƒã‚·ãƒ§ãƒ³ã‚¢ã‚¤ãƒ†ãƒ ã ã‘ã§ã¯ãªãã€ãƒ•ã‚£ã‚®ãƒ¥ã‚¢ã‚„ãƒã‚¹ã‚¿ãƒ¼ãªã©å¸Œå°‘ãªã‚°ãƒƒã‚ºã‹ã‚‰å®¶å…·ã¾ã§å¤šå½©ã€‚高橋盾ãŒå‰µã‚Šå‡ºã—ãŸã‚¯ãƒªãƒ¼ãƒãƒ£ãƒ¼GRACE(グレース)ã®ãƒŸãƒ‹ãƒ‰ãƒ¼ãƒ«ãªã©ã€ã€ŒTHE MAD MARKETã€ã ã‘ã®å“ãžã‚ãˆãŒäºˆå®šã•ã‚Œã¦ã„る。

â– THE MAD MARKET at UNDER COVER AOYAMA
 場所:UNDER COVER AOYAMA
    æ±äº¬éƒ½æ¸¯åŒºå—é’å±±5-3-22 Bleu Cinq Point A棟
 開催期間:2013年5月11日〜19日
      月-木 11:00 - 20:00
      金-日 11:00 - 20:30
 電話:03-3407-1232

Any new shops (of pretty much any kind) open up within the last 5 months? 
I'll be in Tokyo for the next week starting tomorrow.

Any new shops (of pretty much any kind) open up within the last 5 months? 

I'll be in Tokyo for the next week starting tomorrow.

instead of hangin out with old fuckin denim bloz, why don't you check out to to

http://www.shinjuku-robot.com/pc/top/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFiOR_GF0VI&feature=player_embedded

Edited by Woogle

I still get a kick out of seeing Kiya's business card with å¤§çµ±é ˜ instead of 社長。

Lolz, Kiya is the prime minister of Self Edge.

That robot shit looks awful.

Raj, you still working at the same office?