japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Thanks guys. Cerulan it is for our first 4 days then!

We will go to Seoul for 5 days after that and be back in Tokyo for another 5 days before going home. I would like to change hotels for the second period to switch location a bit.

. Any other good areas/hotels to consider? (also Seoul hotel recs? I have looked at Marriot, and IP so far)

I've stayed at the IP. It's a great location. I actually really like Itaewon once you get a way from the Hamilton Hotel area. (Especially down the hill with all the cafes/stationary stores etc) The public spaces in the hotel are pretty nice and the rooms are FINE. (Not awesome, but fine) The hallways inside the hotel, on the actual floors though...they look like they're out of a horror movie. Short of blood smeared on the walls, I'm not sure how they could do worse; I expected Tyrant to bust out at any moment to eat my brains.

I've done all the typical Business hotels too -- Korean hotels suck and the variance in prices is MASSIVE.

The Hyatt has some pluses; it's on top the hill in Itaewon and has pretty cool views @ Circle Bar + JJ Mahoneys is hilarious + high # of high end transvestite hookers prowl the lobby. 

The Ritz is 'nice' and when it's @ ~200 a night is a pretty good value; room wise + hotel wise, it's the nicest place I've been.

Hilton/Park/Koreana -- avoid, overpriced, mediocre locations (Koreana used to have rep for their 'massages')

Conrad -- nice but you will kill yourself in boredom in Yeouido...cabs in Korea are like 5$ though

I'd definitely go back to the IP despite the haunted house hallways + kinda shitty bathrooms -- especially if its substantially cheaper than the biz hotel options. AFAIK there's nowhere awesome that's worth paying up for. 

As for other areas/hotels? In Tokyo? Or wherever? Izu/Kanagawa has some awesome hotels/ryokans/beach stuff. 

Thanks a lot! So You say that Ritz is better than Park Hyatt then? I will look into IP more also.

Thanks again!

/K

I've stayed at the IP. It's a great location. I actually really like Itaewon once you get a way from the Hamilton Hotel area. (Especially down the hill with all the cafes/stationary stores etc) The public spaces in the hotel are pretty nice and the rooms are FINE. (Not awesome, but fine) The hallways inside the hotel, on the actual floors though...they look like they're out of a horror movie. Short of blood smeared on the walls, I'm not sure how they could do worse; I expected Tyrant to bust out at any moment to eat my brains.

I've done all the typical Business hotels too -- Korean hotels suck and the variance in prices is MASSIVE.

The Hyatt has some pluses; it's on top the hill in Itaewon and has pretty cool views @ Circle Bar + JJ Mahoneys is hilarious + high # of high end transvestite hookers prowl the lobby. 

The Ritz is 'nice' and when it's @ ~200 a night is a pretty good value; room wise + hotel wise, it's the nicest place I've been.

Hilton/Park/Koreana -- avoid, overpriced, mediocre locations (Koreana used to have rep for their 'massages')

Conrad -- nice but you will kill yourself in boredom in Yeouido...cabs in Korea are like 5$ though

I'd definitely go back to the IP despite the haunted house hallways + kinda shitty bathrooms -- especially if its substantially cheaper than the biz hotel options. AFAIK there's nowhere awesome that's worth paying up for. 

As for other areas/hotels? In Tokyo? Or wherever? Izu/Kanagawa has some awesome hotels/ryokans/beach stuff. 

Thanks a lot! So You say that Ritz is better than Park Hyatt then? I will look into IP more also.

Thanks again!

/K

I've only been to the Grand in Seoul, not the Park. The Grand is def an institution of fucked-up-ness; the downsides are price and slightly out of way location for actual 'stuff' nearby. The Park looks pretty sweet from the photos; I'll have to check it out -- not sure why it's never been on the list I really consider. 

Posting this from Shibuya Tokyu Inn. Budget place but it's two minutes from Shibuya station, so stoked. Any Tokyoites work in retail? I'd be keen to visit. Likewise I'd love to share a meal or drink if anybody's interested. Here til July 11. Hit me up!

What does green grocer mean? Do you want local (it's not really possible unless  you count like the komatsu-na from setagaya), organic food? 

Natural House æ±äº¬éƒ½æ¸¯åŒºåŒ—é’å±±3-6-18 is the only specialty organic grocery store I can think of.

The vegetables from Tokyu Foodshow, any of the department basement food sections (though it could be pricey), are decent. 

-edit-
just googled and found a list of organic food stores
http://www.lohasclub.org/1000/1100/1101.html

i've never heard of mothers but apparently it's a chain

-edit2-

seijyo is literally everywhere. 

also this list

http://www.tokyoorganiclife.com/search/index.asp?mode=list&lid=&sort=&word=cid0110&page=3

Edited by herpsky

• 2 weeks later...

b4 u go out, just think!  will this outfit get me sum pussy?

where will i go 2day?  oh shibooz? haras?  supleme time!

koen-g?  lock n loll time!

akihabara?  break out da cosplayz

If you white gaijin just whip out yo' dick.

J-beezies love that.

If you Indian/South-Asia/dark skin like me, yo' fucked.

No J-beezy want mango chutney love.

If you white gaijin just whip out yo' dick.

J-beezies love that.

If you Indian/South-Asia/dark skin like me, yo' fucked.

No J-beezy want mango chutney love.

white gaijin more often than not like subpar jbz.  

can't imagine it easy being brown in jp, but at least u ballin, plus u got cool friends.

anyway it aint true dat jbz don't want that chutney love.  some of them been known to like that turban romance.  u just gotta play the game right, and spit the right game.

Edited by SSchadenfreude

white gaijin more often than not like subpar jbz.  

can't imagine it easy being brown in jp, but at least u ballin, plus u got cool friends.

anyway it aint true dat jbz don't want that chutney love.  some of them been known to like that turban romance.  u just gotta play the game right, and spit the right game.

It's not easy being brown.

Teach me how to get hot jbeezies.

Not mediocre beezies I've been wasting time with.

I'm 30 now.

Shit. I should have learned a thing or two since 22 yrs old....

super cute domestic jbz don't come to kinyu-men's crazy ropps nomikais

they are all taken / married

you just gotta start explorin young college-age jbzs before they get snatched up

recently i just fuck country girls haha

You mean Korean girls

Would love to naka-dashi into Miho-chan.

WOULD BODY PARTY

i recently had a conversation with a japanese man who is married to a CWG

it was very interesting to hear his perspective on dating / marrying KAGs vs CWGs

I might take a trip to Japan this September to get away from everyone/everything.

Any sufu peeps want to hang out and party with jbeezys?

u got jbeezys lined up?  they good looking?  if, so ok.