japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

How was tonight, raj? Fancy seeing you here at this hour.

Man.

The rain fucking sucks.

I met up with a friend of mine who just got a job with a bank in Tokyo.

He used to work for a hedge fund in CT.

We went to Shibuya to meet up with his friends from childhood.

They've known each other since they were 5 years old.

But he hadn't seen them for 10 years.

One of the guys is a wild one.

We end up in Gas Panic cuz his friends are visiting from US and don't know any good places.

And then the wild one "accidently" breaks the sunglasses of one of two brothers at the club.

They demand that he pay for the glasses.

They talk for 1 hour and we stand outside the club.

Then they get into a fight.

And one of the brother starts calling his "friends" to make the apology official.

Then the wild one just starts running away.

And we all freak out and run away and the brothers are chasing us.

But my hedge fund friend has a large duffle bag and can't run and gets caught by the two brothers and they demand that he tell them were the rest of us are.

I keep thinking they are yakuza connections.

I get a phone call from my friend an hour later and he says he had to go to the police station.

He lies and says he just met us all tonight and pretends his Japanese sucks and just speaks English.

We meet up back at Juban at 2 in the morning and shoot the shit til 3-4.

I find out his been hooking up with this one recruiter girl that I used to like.

I'm jealous.

The rain fucking sucks man.

rajio was it the broken sunglasses scam where they drop glasses with the lens already out on floor?

Yeah, that's exactly what happened.

Is this common in clubs in Shibuya?

My friend's friend got into another fight last week too.

really???

Womb is ridiculous. Sound system is outstanding, there is usually some crazy hypnotic light show, and the crowd is always really into the music. DJs consistently rank it in the top 10 house venues in the world.

Sometimes its way too crowded and hard to get drinks or even find space on the danceloor, but its worth it for the experience. Its almost like a big warehouse, and when its crowded, its just bodies stacked on bodies. There are three floors (a small bar/DJ area with a weak VIP spot up top) plus a lounge/bar area at the entrance so there is plenty to do. Highly recommended if you like house/electro.

Yeah, I couldn't find a torrent for a while either so I ended up just buying it, and even though I NEVER buy CDs (especially here where they are like 4000 yen) I don't regret it. I rock it out to it pretty often. He's get a really solid style.

wow, sounds as good as yellow...i'll have to go sometime. i just hate paying 3500-4000 yen cover charge :I

anybody go to the wire event at yokohama arena on sat?

was pretty crazy, definately going again next year

I went to Wire way back in 2004.

I danced for 12 hours straight.

I took the next day off from work cuz I couldn't walk.

I think the event is OK.

Problem I have with the event is that there are only a few acts that are really worth it and its damn expensive for buying anything inside the venue.

Ken Ishii is probably the only reason I would go again.

Yeah, that's exactly what happened.

Is this common in clubs in Shibuya?

My friend's friend got into another fight last week too.

Its common in NYC, usually kokujin targeting tourists. One time the same guy tried it on me 3 times in a span of 30 minutes.

rajio was it the broken sunglasses scam where they drop glasses with the lens already out on floor?

Those guys are fuckin peasants-gangsta wannabes that are looking for peanutz mulaz.

That shit will never happen to you if you are with:

180px-Yamabishi.svg.png

and our 'small' gathering, so that you get an idea of our organization:

610x.jpg

PEACE:cool:

i will be in Tokyo & other areas of japan late december and early january travelling around ...just seeing if i can get any advice on amazing things to see, good shops, good bars, good(cheap) food, good anything I guess & also amazing little towns and maybe a good place to go snowboarding within train distance. I don't want to waste my time there trying to find stuff the whole time so yea... Also trying to do this on a tight budget!

shop wise it would be cool to come across some places with cheap but really good fitting blank tee's, hoodies & all of that as australia is pretty bad with that sort of stuff..and some japanese music that i am into is stuff like toe and lite and miaou and envy and all of that so probably some clubs or bars that have that sort of thing would be good too... i am a graphic designer so im heaps into art and design and also skateboarding as well...if that helps at all

if someone can help me out based on all of that .. that would save me heaps of time trying to find things to see and do while im over there

also need to know something amazing to do or somewhere to go for christmas and new years over there! can be in tokyo or anywhere near there!!

HELPP

Just got done a gokon at Nos in Ebisu.

The girls were Keio college students.

18, 19, 20 years old.

U know Japan is fucked up when these young girls are talking about their ex-30, 40 year old "boyfriends" with wifes and how they were shagging it up at their second-houses and then go back home to their kids and shit.

Fucking don't understand man.

One bitch used to date some 40+ year old boss at my firm.

She was 18 at the time.

please, rajio...

you should know how it works.

when she turns 40 trade her in for two 20s.

Man, obviously I know the deal.

But fuck man.

U can't help but think how fucked up the psyche of these girls are man.

They are destroying families.

Like wifes and children.

I guess I'm getting soft.

i will be in Tokyo & other areas of japan late december and early january travelling around ...just seeing if i can get any advice on amazing things to see, good shops, good bars, good(cheap) food, good anything I guess & also amazing little towns and maybe a good place to go snowboarding within train distance. I don't want to waste my time there trying to find stuff the whole time so yea... Also trying to do this on a tight budget!

shop wise it would be cool to come across some places with cheap but really good fitting blank tee's, hoodies & all of that as australia is pretty bad with that sort of stuff..and some japanese music that i am into is stuff like toe and lite and miaou and envy and all of that so probably some clubs or bars that have that sort of thing would be good too... i am a graphic designer so im heaps into art and design and also skateboarding as well...if that helps at all

if someone can help me out based on all of that .. that would save me heaps of time trying to find things to see and do while im over there

also need to know something amazing to do or somewhere to go for christmas and new years over there! can be in tokyo or anywhere near there!!

HELPP

i'm on the same boat man

^^ when you're married and in your 40's,im sure you'll be thinking about that while you're layin down with an 18 yr old college student...

Man, its not even about sex.

The very fabric of what people base a relationship on is fucked up man.

These girls are so short sighted, naive, and ignorant.

It's disgusting because the only asset they have is their beauty.

If I were 20 again I would probably fawn over these bitches but now older I was just disgusted with the situation.

I dunno man.

It just bothers me that men actually will go to great lengths to be with such low quality woman (personality) wise...

U know I'm gonna get shit for this but whateva.

Just waxing poetic I suppose....

I'm going to bed.

i just told that sucker that he won't have any fun in the japland if he's trying to SAVE money.

lulz.

there are way too many things to check out. it's impossible to answer those generic questions.

examples of legit questions i can answer:

"Where can I buy a crazy bagjack x jap streetwear collab jawn?"

"good pink salons? preferably a place that does bareback BJs"

"where can i find retro video games and accessories in akihabara?"

"what's the potpourri at mr. hollywood?"

"where can i copp rirakkuma?"

"next level amekaji jawns ala nonnative, woolrich woolen mills, eg"

"where can i find an assload of robert geller"

Man, its not even about sex.

The very fabric of what people base a relationship on is fucked up man.

These girls are so short sighted, naive, and ignorant.

It's disgusting because the only asset they have is their beauty.

If I were 20 again I would probably fawn over these bitches but now older I was just disgusted with the situation.

I dunno man.

It just bothers me that men actually will go to great lengths to be with such low quality woman (personality) wise...

U know I'm gonna get shit for this but whateva.

Just waxing poetic I suppose....

I'm going to bed.

Be smart enough not to buy in to the oldest myth running; love. Diction created by people to keep them from jumping out of windows.

i agree with rajio.

herp, what about "find me a fucking cheap hostel at a great spot for october?".

http://gaijinhousejapan.com/