kapitalpost_2_copy.jpg

waist: 72

front rise: 26

back rise: 35

upper thigh: 27

knee: 21

hem: 19

inseam: 85

definitely shrunk a lot in length! the length of my cuff from raw to washed probably went down 3 inches.

Edited by chicote

post-wash & hang dry:

kapitalpost_2_copy.jpg

waist: 72

front rise: 26

back rise: 35

upper thigh: 27

knee: 21

hem: 19

inseam: 85

definitely shrunk a lot in length! the length of my cuff from raw to washed probably went down 3 inches.

curious how did you hot wash it? how long do you usually leave it for?

I put it in a real short wash, 20 minutes with a 4 minute spin, set to "warm", which I'm guessing is around 40°C. My guess is there's still a bit of shrinkage left but it's probably negligible.

• 2 months later...

Received the 2016 Fall/Winter Kapital catalogue from Jonathan at Bandanna Almanac and as usual, his proxy service was fast and reasonably priced. He sent me a pair of TH Zipang jeans and some other stuff a number of years ago with the same results. Thanks, Jon

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't know if this is old news but there is a documentry on making the Kapital catalogue shot in and around Paris. It's pretty cool and worth at least some of your time. It's on the Kapital World Movie website; check it out.

Edited by lance

• 1 month later...

Kapital denim is amazing but they start at size 27" which is no use to me....otherwise I'd definitely invest in a pair..

I've had my eye on something in the century denim for a while now, the fabric is just too incredible to stay away from. Scooped this 42 long from a Korean retailer I'd never heard of before, http://sculpstore.co.kr/. It was such a deal I had to take a chance. Their service was excellent though and the package made it to nyc in 3 days! Really enjoying the jacket so far, its had an initial soak just to get some sizing out. Fit is perfect for just a t-shirt underneath. IMG_0856.thumb.JPG.e8f11893b4af9116ae81a00b9fd9bea0.JPG

Edited by aquino

The jacket is definitely still on the shorter side of things. Take into account I have a long torso and short legs (5'10" w a 30inch inseam) and the oni512xx are pretty low rise. I need to try combining them with some higher rise pants for better balance. I could probably size up to a 44 but none were available. We'll see how this breaks in down the road. 

Well I need another jacket like a hole in the head but I also came across a deal too good not to take - Pancho & Lefty have a load of stuff at 50% off and century denim jackets among them, so I ordered a 42 in the darker No 5 Kakishibu denim. A jacket in this denim is perfect since as jeans it's a bit much for me, I'd probably never wear them.

How much shrink did you experience with yours?

Nice! I would have gone for the kakishibu as well if it were available. I tried to get as little shrink as possible as I already seem to be bordering size 42 so I only cold soaked it and hung it to dry. Definitely only cold hand-washes for this piece for me. After a day or two wearing it about the house it has started to drape much better and fit is getting more comfortable as the shoulders break in. Texture on this thing is still so crisp and bumpy unreal. The sumi dyed left hand base fabric is beautiful in its own right but the subtle diamond pattern in the sashiko stitching really takes this thing over the edge. 

4 hours ago, Cucoo said:

Well I need another jacket like a hole in the head but I also came across a deal too good not to take - Pancho & Lefty have a load of stuff at 50% off and century denim jackets among them, so I ordered a 42 in the darker No 5 Kakishibu denim. A jacket in this denim is perfect since as jeans it's a bit much for me, I'd probably never wear them.

How much shrink did you experience with yours?

how did you get 50% off? i dont see it on the website

It was a "VIP Sale" code I got from their newsletter.

2 hours ago, aquino said:

Nice! I would have gone for the kakishibu as well if it were available. I tried to get as little shrink as possible as I already seem to be bordering size 42 so I only cold soaked it and hung it to dry. Definitely only cold hand-washes for this piece for me. After a day or two wearing it about the house it has started to drape much better and fit is getting more comfortable as the shoulders break in. Texture on this thing is still so crisp and bumpy unreal. The sumi dyed left hand base fabric is beautiful in its own right but the subtle diamond pattern in the sashiko stitching really takes this thing over the edge. 

I'm not as tall as you at about 5"8 so I think I'll be good, thanks for the info!

Edited by Cucoo

Received mine today :) 42 fits me pretty much exactly like I remember the Lee 101 jacket fitting, I had a size M in that one. It really hits just below the belt, I just gave it a cold soak, I don't want to risk a 30° or 40° wash... a 44 would've been better I guess, but at 50% off beggars can't be choosers ;) 

It's such a nice fabric, utterly insane. Can't wait to put it on to set some creases once it stops dripping.

Here's how it fits, only difference to the Lee jacket is the sleeves aren't made for monkey men which is a welcome difference. Also the pockets seem a bit bigger and more usable.

2017-03-20_16_41_37.thumb.jpg.795c638dc5ec6e7f51a08f89101e560a.jpg

2017-03-20_16_42_04.thumb.jpg.6abbd9e1338b1134414a5037fd15c674.jpg

2017-03-20_16_44_27.thumb.jpg.b4d3ab4787215b73294c71b5d6f18a14.jpg

2017-03-20_17_05_51.thumb.jpg.d80962503718640d4dc9fce283b7740a.jpg

2017-03-20_17_22_58.thumb.jpg.5a1c2c1f520b866809053ba7cd02d6ba.jpg

(Direct comparison with Lee 101:)

58d012ee3430c_2015-07-1407_59_39.thumb.jpg.47de09a0eaf00ec14364c671d21b9ad1.jpg

Thanks! Just tried it on again while it's still wet. It sure is a slim fitting jacket but it doesn't feel restricting in any way, armholes are cut nice and allow for movement and there's enough room in the shoulder and upper back area, too. The cuffs are really small though when buttoned.