Kicking Mule Workshop

Le Dirte

I think 1950s sized down one is my favorite denim fit ever. The darts on the buckleback version are an even nicer touch.

That's what I've been wearing primarily for the last year and a half. Really love them. Just got two new projects now though they may take a back seat for a bit.

So I had a nice little surprise when I got home today. Any thoughts on the fit pics?

KMWRocker001.jpgKMWRocker003.jpg

As some have mentioned over in SF, there's a bit of extra fabric at waist but some of that is from the pockets. I don't mind (kinda like) the big pockets on my 1950s, but that's not as tapered a cut. I bet a hot soak would help a lot, and probably wouldn't hurt resale value if you still want to move them.

Not a bad fit IMO at all, but maybe not what you were after? I dig the big cuff, too.

As some have mentioned over in SF, there's a bit of extra fabric at waist but some of that is from the pockets. I don't mind (kinda like) the big pockets on my 1950s, but that's not as tapered a cut. I bet a hot soak would help a lot, and probably wouldn't hurt resale value if you still want to move them.

Not a bad fit IMO at all, but maybe not what you were after? I dig the big cuff, too.

Thanks. Yeah, a soak probably would have improved the fit, but I couldn't get over the back pockets. It's good if you're into the anti-fit or something that looks a little slouchy-slim, but that's not really my style. Too bad, because the construction and quality were amazing.

Oh well, they're sold and shall be moving on to a new owner.

• 4 weeks later...

So I don't own a camera, but I had to borrow my friends for another purpose. I realized I should snap some pictures of my Rockers while I have the chance. I had to go over mynudies (where I got my humble start in dry denim) to check my signature and see when I started sporting these. Turns out it was March 20th, 2008, so I'm closing in on 3 years on and off wear on these. Anyways, they don't get too much wear anymore (maybe once a week) because they sprout new holes every time, and trying to keep up on the repairs is getting quite tedious. It's also probably combined with the fact that I typically only wear them on weekends, and weekends = drunk.

jawns3.jpg

jawns2.jpg

jawns4.jpg

looks like I've been ass raped a few times

jawns5.jpg

jawns8-1.jpg

jawns7.jpg

combs hole

jawns6.jpg

Color is most accurate in the close ups of the combs/knee area.

And here's a picture from 2 months into wearing them for some reference:

1-29.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It has probably been at least 8 months since i've worn these Rockers (I've gotten too fat for them). They were my daily drivers for about 18 months or so before I got my OG Roys. The fly needs fixed if I am ever going to wear them again as it is pretty much shot.

225114_10150171095891835_508016834_7241901_2413594_n.jpg

228417_10150171092641835_508016834_7241876_804254_n.jpg

227034_10150171092731835_508016834_7241879_87748_n.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

My kicking mule rockers:

waywt002-1.jpg

November 2008 I was 22,single, skinny,etc

DSCN3057.jpg

DSCN3055.jpg

... got married, slowly started to lose my metabolism,numerous soaks and washes, probably 19-20 months of somewhat consistent wear then I got too fat to wear fit/into them.

tonight (9/14/2011) after losing 14 pounds so far...

DSCN7364.png

DSCN7365.png?t=1316059937

DSCN7366.png

DSCN7397.png

DSCN7379.png

DSCN7381.png[/img]

^ this is what happens when denim encounters battery acid.

I don't see myself wearing these jeans much anymore, the fit is a little too slim... it feels good to be able to wear them again though if I wanted to. Did a lot of cool shit in these jeans.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, it's a weight loss thread! I'm selling these because I too, lost weight. KMW 1980, marked 34/34 - made when they were still using the red/blue selvedge not the big wide goofy selvedge.

Measurements:

Waist: 36 inches

Inseam: 33.25 inches

Pics:

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

Surely you meant to say the waist is at 36 inches, not 26. If they really shrunk 8 inches from tagged size, you must share what happened.

That is correct. I was hungover when I posted, though, thankfully, not when I measured.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...