Kicking Mule Workshop

Le Dirte

• 2 months later...

just got a pair of rockers. i still have +10 pounds of winter weight to loose before i start wearing this for summer :(. lots of stacking but i might just go with it. whats sufu's opinion? hemIMG_6689.jpg

IMG_6688.jpgbit tight on the hips. once the snow goes away and i can ride my bike that will change.

IMG_6686.jpg

They are indeed a bit tight. If those 10 lbs youre talking about actually come off they might be alright. And KMWs do stretch out a bit, at least mine have, but they're going on two years (I'll post pictures when I get access to a real camera). As for the stacking, I'd leave it, it will settle well, and if you were to hem them, you wouldn't be able to do the sort of slouchy cuff.

^^ I would try a different pair of jeans. The Rockers look good (to me) everywhere except where it counts - the ass. The slouching munchin' ass is not flattering. Get some Ande Whall Cougars or something similar.

i checked out those cougars. the ass on them seems just as slouchy

I like the all white selvage, it's understated. But having so wide a traintrack ruins that, imo.

I like the all white selvage, it's understated. But having so wide a traintrack ruins that, imo.

seconded. The twine beltloops look nice, and the hardware still looks cool, but I like my red mule, and the new labeling on the inside of the waist sucks. And maybe its just the picture, but the patch stitching looks all fucked up?

seconded. The twine beltloops look nice, and the hardware still looks cool, but I like my red mule, and the new labeling on the inside of the waist sucks. And maybe its just the picture, but the patch stitching looks all fucked up?

Exactly how I feel. Even the new screen print on the pocket bag rubs me the wrong way. Looks like they are trying to mainstream their design. I hope they don't introduce those details into the main line, else I will have stock up old stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone having some ripping issues at around a year or so of solid wear? Maybe its because I've been drunk so much lately, but my rockers are just falling apart. Huge gash in the ass, a few minor holes in the front crotch, and a new massive rip as of today in the back crotch area. KMW should definitely look into some stronger or thicker denim.

I'll post some pictures once I'm sober and can find a real camera.

The 1980 hand-dyes have been on the shelf during the winter months. FHs and other heavier weight denim were getting my attention. KMWs looking to come out to play for the warm weather though.

The hand-dyes vs. the regular. I'll need to get fit pics up soon. Highly recommend an initial soak, or better, a first wash on these (both types) and maybe a machine dry; does wonders for the fit and denim character. The vertical slub on the hand-dyes is gorgeous.

Hand-dyes will shrink 3/4" at least with a wash and machine dry. Maybe an inch.

DSCN1876_512.jpg

DSCN1877_513.jpg

x post from wayjdt but i love pics so i figured i'd drop it off so maybe someone else can get the same enjoyment i do with random jean photos.

IMG_0197.jpg

can finally do up the top button on my rockers. when i got them it was winter (+weight to stay warm:( ) but they stretched nicely. now see how they fade between now and when i throw my 21oz N&F back on when Canada decides to be cold again. hopefully not till at least Nov.

updated fit pics of the rockers. when i bought them they were much too tight and couldn't do up top button.(fit pics few pages back) after wearing them around the house and an uncomfortable skate session they seem to have stretched nicely. updated fit:

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

sorry for the shit quality, SLR is out of commission at the moment.

• 4 months later...

Well, I've owned my KMWs since May of '08 I believe, and though I couldnt wear them on weekdays for most of that time, and theyve had competition from a pair of skulls and pbjs, they have been my go to jeans for the most part. Recently, they have gotten less wear simply because they seem to rip every other time I wear them (as I'm sure you can gather from the pictures). Enjoy.

KMW1.jpg

KMW2.jpg

KMW3.jpg

KMW4.jpg

Torn 2nd buttonhole

KMW5.jpg

KMW6.jpg

KMW7.jpg

Multiple ass rips and repirs

KMW8.jpg

multiple crotch rips and repairs

KMW9.jpg

Inside shot of all the repairs that have gone into keeping these jeans functional

KMW10.jpg

Sorry for the picture overload. Color is fairly accurate throughout the pictures, though a lot of the fading is actually more contrasted in real life. Especially the shot around the front pocket fading. Theyre in the wash right now because they smell weird like some sort of metal, and ass.