the wire

You have a gut feeling huh? It's fucking spelled out! Also a copy cat killer is going to emerge, judging from the preview.

from the preview, you can't tell what everyone got out for. and the copycat storyline lends itself to the possibility of mcnulty & co having someway to cover their tracks in the mess a little. Perhaps levy is able to get the case thrown out by information stupid ass herc gives him about the case.

andre royo was great in this ep.

I think the most powerful moment to me was when mike and dukie are in the car at the end and dukie relates the piss balloon story and asks mike if he remembers it and he says "i don't" That's kick in the chest kinda moment

Seriously... kind of ironic how Omar died i was fucking shocked like wtf... i would of thought if anything someone else would have ended his life..

def one of my favs

ending was cool

been watching it since season 1 came out

and i'm satisified with this ending

spoilerssss :

Slim kills Cheese

Marlo gets off and sells the connect to Cheese and his cronies for 10mill

and supposedly drops out of the game

the dude Marlo swings on was just some little punk who didn't know who had no clue who Marlo was

Bubs cleans himself up and is allowed upstairs

Chris gets life without parole (damn)

Micheal becomes a stick up kid, a la Omar

Dookie is strung out (smh)

Police find a way to pin all the murders on a homeless dude who is supposed to be a copycay killer

everyone involved in the whole thing gets off with slaps on the wrists

that dude that was making up stuff for the Sun gets a Pulitzer I think

watch the episode for closure

Wow, excellent shows, I'll wait a week or two so everyone has seen the last eps to discuss that stuff but it's so well written and acted it impressed me from start to finish. Those that were talking about greek tragedy are way off though; what really set the show appart is how up in the air everyone's life trajectory is.

Comparing it to greek tragedy is not way off, David Simon discussed hubris as a theme and Omar coming close to a mythological character on fresh air (NPR) the other day.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=87940925

Under the headline you can listen to the full interview, I only caught part of it while commuting so hopefully my above comment isn't too out of context.

Also a fact that I thought was really interesting that I caught while I was listening, was Omar's 5 story jump is based off an actual notorious stick up man from Baltimore who jumped and lived from both a 5 story building (the exact one in the episode I believe) and a third story building.

I'm just hopeful that some of the actors on the show will get some gigs now that the show is a wrap. There is seriously a lot of talent on there.

Marlo is on the next season of Heroes.

Daniels is on Lost. he's also on an upcoming show.

Mike is in two movies; Indelible and The Secret Life of Bees.

Omar is in 4 upcoming movies.

(I should learn their real names)

unfortunately, there isn't a lot of roles out there for minority actors and that's the bulk of The Wire's cast. it's also one of the reasons the show never got an emmy or good ratings.

half the cast could out act most of the people getting roles in hollywood. hopefully hbo has a new show for them to jump too like how the wire pulled actors from oz.

Marlo is on the next season of Heroes.

Daniels is on Lost. he's also on an upcoming show.

Mike is in two movies; Indelible and The Secret Life of Bees.

Omar is in 4 upcoming movies.

(I should learn their real names)

unfortunately, there isn't a lot of roles out there for minority actors and that's the bulk of The Wire's cast. it's also one of the reasons the show never got an emmy or good ratings.

half the cast could out act most of the people getting roles in hollywood. hopefully hbo has a new show for them to jump too like how the wire pulled actors from oz.

Thanks for the info! Glad to hear they are doing some things after the show.

I'm so bummed the season is about to be over...

Definitely a shame to see the show end. I lived up in West Baltimore off Wilkens avenue until about five years ago, and they filmed alot of the scenes right by where I lived. It is hectic like that down there...no joke. I'm sure Baltimore isnt thrilled with the kind of press it has gotten from the show, but it is pretty realistic. I dealt with a lot of those young kids on the corners that ended up getting caught and put into drug treatment up on Frederick Road across from the cemetary.

Guest chemi

late passs

The ending montages of the city were beautiful. I loved the pacing of the semi-final city montage (as if to say "yeah... it ain't over muthafuckas... SWITCH") and the final shots of regular folks.... life goes on. Baltimore goes on.

^Lame.

Anyways, I thought the last episode was good, probably the happiest way everything could have went. It was nice to see McNulty not go back into the bar and accept Kimas apology. I liked seeing Bubs sit down at the table but it was kind of bitter sweet since it took the newspaper article to gain his sisters trust/respect. I'm also glad that the writers didn't set Marlo up to look like he could have done what Stringer was going for. Seeing Dukie shoot up was sad, but seeing how Bubs turned out gives me some small hope for him. Also Slim killing Cheese, that made me smile.

The show overall left me discouraged, I'm not completely naive to think that things would change, but to see the cycle just keep perpetuating itself was upsetting but not unexpected. It's gonna be weird not hearing/seeing from these characters again, they are so much more real than any other "fictional" characters and I'll probably be rewatching this series for years to come.

P.S. In the episode when Omar died, what was the significance of the tag on his corpse getting switched by the mortician?