the wire

Loved season 1, couldn't make i through the first episodes of season 2, cause it was mad boring. But you guys actually make me want start all over again...

stick with it, the biggest problem with season 2 is that it seems like the writers tried to wrap up the end of season 1 neatly in case they didn't get picked up for another, so the first half of season 2 is contriving a reason for all the characters to get back together again, so it builds slower than if had just been a continuation of the first season.

begs, the corner is made by the same people who made the wire, david simon and ed burns. david simon was a reporter for the baltimore sun and ed burns was a baltimore homicide detective. they teamed up to create the corner and later the wire.

interesting note, the guy who plays the priest on the wire was a former drug kingpin. ed burns was the detective who put him in jail. after 20 or so years, he got out of jail and david simon and ed burns took him out for lunch. they agreed to put the past behind them and he became an important character in the show.

how many seasons are there of The Wire?

I have seen the one with the greek in the docks and the one with Hamsterdam but i get confused, is it two different seasons with Stringer Bell and the Hamsterdam thing?

those are seasons 2 (docks) & 3 (Hamsterdam). there is also seasons 1&4, and apparently there will be a 5th and final season.

Guest StuckOnStupid
yeah the guy is a beast.

remember at the end of season 3, when he's fucking rhonda? he was fucking her maaaaad slow. maybe that's the secret, every movement he does is made with maximum muscular contraction, like the way bruce trained isometrically..

word is bond, dude.. maaaaaaad sloooowwwwwww...

i wonder what other private secrets he could share, yo! I wonder if he's tender afterwards too yo? I mean not for nothin, but he seems like he'd really listen, you know? Talk about your dreams and stuff...your future...together?(dont dare breathe it!)

but seriously man, you are ruining the sex scenes.

season 1 is about the rise of drug kingpins working in the baltimore projects. these are the same projects that are destroyed at the beginning of season 3.

season 4 is about the rise of the new younger generation

stuckonstupid--remember the other sex scene with mcnulty whose drunk off his ass and crashes his car? his hand gets all busted up in the wreck. then he fucks the shit out of that waitress from the diner? then the next day the bed is a bloody mess cuz his hand bled everywhere? classic.

season 1 is about the rise of drug kingpins working in the baltimore projects. these are the same projects that are destroyed at the beginning of season 3.

season 4 is about the rise of the new younger generation

stuckonstupid--remember the other sex scene with mcnulty whose drunk off his ass and crashes his car? his hand gets all busted up in the wreck. then he fucks the shit out of that waitress from the diner? then the next day the bed is a bloody mess cuz his hand bled everywhere? classic.

my girlfriend was living in baltimore when they demolished the high rises and said there really was a cloud of smoke throughout the city like they showed on the show...symbolic.

that mcnulty drunk scene with the waitress is taken to the next level by the fact that he leaves the bar saying he'll get a cab, and orders scrapple at the diner...so good.

also, the dvd image quality is much better than tv...

plus it's got commentary, which, if it's the actors that play Stringer, Omar, or Mcnulty, is hilarious. lots of people know Dominic West is british, but the first time i heard the actor that plays stringer speak, i was so surprised to hear a british accent.

man, unlike a lot of british and irish actors (early jude law, early colin pharell), dominic west really has his accent DOWN. he could walk around in harlem and no one would suspect he's british.

ironically, my ex-drug kingpin friend has an excellent british accent. he'd use it to trick store owners into thinking he was rich then rob them blind. he's a good person now.

man, unlike a lot of british and irish actors (early jude law, early colin pharell), dominic west really has his accent DOWN. he could walk around in harlem and no one would suspect he's british.

ironically, my ex-drug kingpin friend has an excellent british accent. he'd use it to trick store owners into thinking he was rich then rob them blind. he's a good person now.

yeah, he's good. he's in that new Hannibal movie, and he's gonna be in "300" as well. I really hope someone starts throwing some of the wire actors some good roles.

just finished season 1. is it worth watching 2 or should i just skip to 3?

it's worth it, because it continues the character development of the cops and also various players from season 4. I personally didn't enjoy it that much, but it's def worth your while if you continue to watch the rest of the seasons. You could watch it and make sense of 3 & 4 but the character development in season 2 is good for some cop characters.

• 5 months later...