the wire

some sell drugs

some buy drugs

some wear badges

some wear ties

some work on the docks

some go to school

in baltimore

that pretty much sums it up. they all have different roles, different goals, but the thing that ties them together is the city of baltimore. the city is pretty much one of the main characters in the show.

one of my favorite scenes is from the third season. 2 drug dealer kids were taking their girlfriends to see a movie. when the movie is over, they run into the two cops that harrass them everyday--also taking their girlfriends to the movies. the kids say, "what are you doing here?" the cops say, "what are YOU doing here?" an awkward moment ensues. finally, one of the drug dealer kids says, "well, i guess we'll see y'all tomorrow."

at least that's what i remember.

2 drug dealer kids were taking their girlfriends to see a movie. when the movie is over, they run into the two cops that harrass them everyday--also taking their girlfriends to the movies. the kids say, "what are you doing here?" the cops say, "what are YOU doing here?" an awkward moment ensues. finally, one of the drug dealer kids says, "well, i guess we'll see y'all tomorrow."

That more or less sums it up right there.

the best thing about it is that there really are no villians or heroes in the show whatsoever (except possibly the police comissioner = villian). if you watch the show you will find yourself rooting for and disliking every character off and on.

oh and miz, LOST got way to ridiculous for me. so much potential, and has dropped so far down...

list your favorite Mcnulty/Bunk drinking scenes...

mine fave is when they were toasting detective who died of a heart attack in early season 3 i believe, when some guy was bringing them shots out on the street. niether could stand up.

also the one from season 1 when mcnulty says, "i like you cause when it came time for you to fuck me in the ass, you were gentle", and bunk says, "that's cause i knew it was your first time"... it killed me.

also the one from season 1 when mcnulty says, "i like you cause when it came time for you to fuck me in the ass, you were gentle", and bunk says, "that's cause i knew it was your first time"... it killed me.

i just saw that one last night!

good stuff

reminded me of superfuture actually

:P

list your favorite Mcnulty/Bunk drinking scenes...

mine fave is when they were toasting detective who died of a heart attack in early season 3 i believe, when some guy was bringing them shots out on the street. niether could stand up.

I read your first sentence....and immediately thought of your third "stanza".

The acting on the show is great for the most part, but it really shows that many talented black actors and actresses have hard time landing decent roles in many tv programs and movies (although one could make an argument that they may be getting roles that maximize their talents).

I was channel surfing the other day, and I saw Michael K Williams (Omar!!!!) in a Steven Segal surefire crapflic called 'Merceneary for Justice' - after 5 minutes, I started wishing if the Omar character would suddenly take over and blast away past-his-prime sloppy Segal.

one of the few things that weirds me out about that show, though: why the hell his Daniels so ripped??? dude has like 0% body fat, yet they never show him doing anything remotely physical, he just sits at his desk, and when he moves it's all super slow, calculated, almost plodding... it's vexing.

yeah the guy is a beast.

remember at the end of season 3, when he's fucking rhonda? he was fucking her maaaaad slow. maybe that's the secret, every movement he does is made with maximum muscular contraction, like the way bruce trained isometrically.

also, remember that lesbian chick kima was fucking? man, that was a beautiful scene. *EDIT*: i'm not talking about wifey, that side chick she was with.

one of the few things that weirds me out about that show, though: why the hell his Daniels so ripped??? dude has like 0% body fat, yet they never show him doing anything remotely physical, he just sits at his desk, and when he moves it's all super slow, calculated, almost plodding... it's vexing.

he looks more like an ethiopian, none of that billy blanks shit.

but, the new season started? when was this?

yeah the guy is a beast.

remember at the end of season 3, when he's fucking rhonda? he was fucking her maaaaad slow. maybe that's the secret, every movement he does is made with maximum muscular contraction, like the way bruce trained isometrically.

also, remember that lesbian chick kima was fucking? man, that was a beautiful scene. *EDIT*: i'm not talking about wifey, that side chick she was with.

What the fuck...you're ruining all the sex scenes Miz.

like he just has all his muscles contracted all the time...constantly flexing and building muscle...even when he sleeps.

yo, what was that music video with omar appearing at the end of the video smoking a cigar? i know it was a dr. dre song...

WOLVES - sorry, didn't mean to ruin those tender moments for ya.

supercrap - gay hoods exist, man. there are plenty of them. in the hood, they are often referred to as "homo-thugs". recently, there has been talk about the "down low"--the hidden society of secrety gay black men--many of them married.

gays are super powerful in the hip hop industry. also several rap artists are actually secretly gay on the "down low"...