What are you wearing today? (pics only)

MilSpex

While I totally love Omega's style, what I REALLY love is how a couple of folks

are all "you remind me of mos def" or "you look like tunde adebimpe"- and fuckin' Wesley Snipes? Yet, in neither of his last two posts can you see his face. So, based on the fact that the man is black and isn't wearing Ecko, you make a big streeeeeetch for a half-assed comparison that, to people who care to notice, sound remarkably ignorant.

Go on, someone say he looks like Common now.

what I REALLY love is how a couple of folks

are all "you remind me of mos def" or "you look like tunde adebimpe"- and fuckin' Wesley Snipes? Yet, in neither of his last two posts can you see his face. So, based on the fact that the man is black and isn't wearing Ecko, you make a big streeeeeetch for a half-assed comparison that, to people who care to notice, sound remarkably ignorant.

To quote Mos Def:

Yo [OneManCult] I agree I, was thinkin the same thing myself

Nice polo rirawin.

TIP, I don't know how you feel about the tunic, but you should consider incorporating it into your wardrobe. It looks good. I wonder if you play some Stephane Grappelli.

Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where George told his black colleague that he looked a black ballplayer (don't remember who). I was thinking along the same lines as you, onemancult, but I can give 'em Mos Def (it really is the hat), and Snipes (only in profile). The TV On the Radio guy is the only stretch, but only because my face is covered. He's not my twin (I'm already a triplet), but there is a bit of a resemblance.

I hate sounding like an apologist (because I'd hate to be a token), however I feel that it was my style that reminded them of black celebrity x, not solely physical features (esp. in Mos Def's case).

Here's a picture of Tunde Adebimpe in Jump Tomorrow (never seen it, or heard his music for that matter):

jumpColor03.jpg

I wouldn't mind looking like this.

Ballplayers... Boxers... They all black anyway right? Ha ha.

link0, are those jeans Sliq's? I have a pair but I think I should have sized up; they're nice on you.

chard, it most definately is the hat--my soundest fashion decision in a while (i rarely ever wore a hat of any kind, ever--'cept winter hats)

Starting off a pair of APCs today, so I thought this would be a good time for my first WAYWT post. I'm new, and I came here to superfuture hoping it could be a sort of methadone for my hypebeast problem (I bought like 8 all over print shirts this summer).

Anyway, simple fit for a sunny LA day...

199428796.jpg

gotta love getting called out as racist!

onemancult, you can fuck right off. i made the tunde comparison because of the hat, his glasses, and his overall style (which i like, and which i compared to tunde's style because -- guess what?! -- i also like that).

if you can't see common ground between this:

waywt2506.jpg

P1030272.png

and this:

tvr.jpgtvotr.jpg

then you're either blind or you're a dumbfuck racial provocateur.

and oOmegaOo -- all apologies if you were, in fact, offended. i thought i was giving you a nice compliment...

Wish I had a way of putting pictures on my computer, but I don't so I guess a description will have to do I guess:

-White Vans Canvas Chukka Boots

-APC New Standards Raw

-WESC S/S 06 NY Logo T

-AA Heather Grey Pullover Hoody

-W+H Black Duffel Coat

the only thing thats holding me back is im worried its not going to be that long,i really like the over sized length as a look and i got measurments of a 50 and if they were right it was shorter than a supreme sweat.Il have to get my arse up to london soon and try it on.

dsc00001xa6.th.jpg

pendelton shirt.

in4mation undershirt.

SF giants new era.

supreme scatterweave.

sc okinawas.

wallys.

boogers.

Are those the Wallys you bought from me? Im wearing the same pair right now...

the only thing thats holding me back is im worried its not going to be that long,i really like the over sized length as a look and i got measurments of a 50 and if they were right it was shorter than a supreme sweat.Il have to get my arse up to london soon and try it on.

Personally, what I would be worried about is how it would mesh with the rest of your wardrobe. I've seen your previous pictures, and from what I recall you wear alot of Supreme, and etc. street brands. I don't really see Raf Simons' main line working well with street brands. Then again, I guess you can wear it however you want, but I'm used to seeing Raf Simons worn like this:

rafaw05-06.jpg

The gf finally fell asleep (thank you jesus). Now I can surf the web without the guilt trip, hehe.

Kixslf- Lookin sharp man.

DeathMullet- I know its a lil late, but that look is amazing. I never seen someone pull off the whole tank over a t before, but youve convinced me.

DSC00046-1.jpg

Same old AA hoodie (been living in this for a while, too cold for a t, too warm for a jacket)

Thrift Scarf

Obey T

Vintage German Military belt

Edwin Rainbows pegged

Cons

Personally, what I would be worried about is how it would mesh with the rest of your wardrobe. I've seen your previous pictures, and from what I recall you wear alot of Supreme, and etc. street brands. I don't really see Raf Simons' main line working well with street brands. Then again, I guess you can wear it however you want, but I'm used to seeing Raf Simons worn like this:

rafaw05-06.jpg

i don't see why fitted or short articles can't work with bigger sized bottoms.

aesthetically, i agree that supreme and other street brands don't particularly mesh well with raf.

when you say his main line are you talking about raf simons homme or raf by raf simon?

proportion wise, he has also been doing the long shirt/tee for a while. maybe another piece would be better.

i can see it working in reference to sizing (again obviously not in aesthetic).