What are you wearing today? (pics only)

MilSpex

Quote: Is that a nice belt England? I love my S. Ferragamo shoes and I need a new belt.

It is very nice and has the cool rachet fastener......I would include pics, but since I bought it three years ago at a Barney's sale it would be impossible to find.....I have mixed feelings about buying belts from Gucci/Prada/SF etc. and would only buy them if they were significantly on sale. I get most of mine on e-bay or Nordstrom Rack.

Quote:

SelfEXplanatory i like the big black tee

england nice

smoove.jpg

meeting a friend at his shop.

him

worldman jacket, stripe polo, nudie ssk black

league of gentlemen shoes

me

league of gentlmen blazer, marcs cardigan

smiths tee, imperial dukes, hobnail boots

--- Original message by haptronic on May 15, 2006 12:59 AM

Damnit, you make those Dukes look so much better than I do..

Quote:

Not to put a damper on Ferragamo fans, but their stuff these days is probably worth 30-50% off the retail, not to mention the drop in quality.

Stussy "Jazzmon Tokyo" tee in black (same as the on Witts had)

APC standards from 2002

Hosoi sk8-his

Fossil leather cuff watch

I'm kinda tired of the fashion-y look, been thinking of ordering a bunch of plain AA tees and just rotating them.

--- Original message by DJ_Flame on May 15, 2006 06:33 PM

I don't really mind, I think they make nice stuff. At least, what I have, I like. I never buy stuff retail anyway, so it's more a matter of cruising eBay and whatnot and see if anything turns up.

i t a l i c s f o r l i f e

http://www.liarsliarsliars.com

Edited by Servo2000 on May 15, 2006 at 08:28 PM

Edited by Servo2000 on May 15, 2006 at 09:25 PM

I agree with you Flame. Being submerged in the "streetwear" genre of clothing for so long and finally starting to appreciate suits and trousers and dressy shoes in the last 2 years, I can already see the damage that will be done to the wallet. Since these more business clothing items can be used in the many years to come, it just makes more sense to start early.

Quote:

Servo, wait till the dress shoe addiction hits. You just can't stop buying and because you can wear them when you're 30 or 60, you just keep thinking about the next purchase.

The same goes for blazers, ties and other "business formal" attire as well.

--- Original message by DJ_Flame on May 15, 2006 09:09 PM

Hah, it already has. Unfortunately, I'm definitely going to grow at least somewhat more in the next several years, so buying too many shoes is out of the question. Satisfied (for now) with a pair of Ferragamos and Allen Edmonds.

Ever since I started reading The Sartorialist and lurking the Style Forum, I'm craving a nice suit. Don't think I'd get enough use out of it yet to warrant a nice one, though, and I wouldn't bother wearing a cheap one.

i t a l i c s f o r l i f e

http://www.liarsliarsliars.com

Quote: Servo, wait till the dress shoe addiction hits. You just can't stop buying and because you can wear them when you're 30 or 60, you just keep thinking about the next purchase.

Oh god, it is hell.......it is the worst addiction....I have way too many and I can't stop buying.......

Quote:
Quote: Servo, wait till the dress shoe addiction hits. You just can't stop buying and because you can wear them when you're 30 or 60, you just keep thinking about the next purchase.

Oh god, it is hell.......it is the worst addiction....I have way too many and I can't stop buying.......

--- Original message by englandmj7 on May 15, 2006 09:31 PM

makes two of us.

what poison do you all choose?

toma açaí

Quote:

Superhint of the day:

No matter what you wear, who you are, where you post... If the messageboard consists of a 99.9% male population busy complimenting each other on their nut-hugging, sperm-crushing raw denim jeans, dope kicks, or hot 'fits', it is G.A.Y.. Gayer than the dude wearing a pink D&G shirt and True Religion jeans in hopes of scoring babes at the mall. Gayer than an actual gay dude. So gay it isn't actually gay anymore, nor even a derogatory term, but instead a new gender entirely: Supergay; the supergender of otherwise straight men obsessed with impressing other dudes, through the vehicle of clothing, on the internet.

So let's all just chill out and just keep looking at each other posing for the camera. Spread the love. Embrace the beauty of supergay in all of its forms.

<3

Edited by macuser3of5 on May 15, 2006 at 12:51 PM

--- Original message by macuser3of5 on May 15, 2006 12:45 PM

icon_smile_big.gif

That shit made me laugh.

Got W)Taps? The United Snakes of America: http://stores.ebay.com/Cobra-Command

WANTED: Supreme XXL size Tees. You got access to that warehouse? Get at me. please. I will pay mad cash/+ any Japan hookups you want.

Quote:

Superhint of the day:

No matter what you wear, who you are, where you post... If the messageboard consists of a 99.9% male population busy complimenting each other on their nut-hugging, sperm-crushing raw denim jeans, dope kicks, or hot 'fits', it is G.A.Y.. Gayer than the dude wearing a pink D&G shirt and True Religion jeans in hopes of scoring babes at the mall. Gayer than an actual gay dude. So gay it isn't actually gay anymore, nor even a derogatory term, but instead a new gender entirely: Supergay; the supergender of otherwise straight men obsessed with impressing other dudes, through the vehicle of clothing, on the internet.

So let's all just chill out and just keep looking at each other posing for the camera. Spread the love. Embrace the beauty of supergay in all of its forms.

<3

Edited by macuser3of5 on May 15, 2006 at 12:51 PM

--- Original message by macuser3of5 on May 15, 2006 12:45 PM

Haha, nice one.

With regard to dress shoes, I'd love to try Berluti or John Lobb. I've also heard great things about Church's.

Until then, I'm actually pleased with Prada's line of dress shoes (not the Linea Rossa - although fun). Favorites for some time are a pair of cognac lace-ups.

My first pair of good dress shoes were Bass SuperWeejuns, at about $150, 16 years ago...until they fell apart fairly quickly. Still like JP Tod's. Bought a pair of Mark Nason green Sublimes...hard to find time for them. Love my Paraboot's...still around?

Always looking for a very nice pair of brogues.

I'm actually dressing up with trainers these days. Purchased my 1st pairs of Adidas (black snakeskin Pro Model & Adicolor x Colette) and Nike SB Dunks recently. Having grand fun mixing with spartan fare like Demeulemeester, Industria, Miyake, Matsuda, and old CdG.

Love this thread...keep up the sartorial splendor.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Quote:

King Stampede

WESC

Levis

Vans

KIF_1165.jpg

--- Original message by dcrevolution40 on May 16, 2006 03:26 PM

I dont know about everyone else but its always refreshing to see a post where someone's pants dont fit like women's leggings. Not flaming anyone in particular just my humble opinion.