What are you wearing today? (pics only)

MilSpex

i, for one, could give a shit whether witts spent $80 or $800 dollars on his jacket.

are people pissed because his OK-looking $80 jacket (i mean, i could give a shit whether the cartoon monkey heads have expressions or not - they're both too goofy) makes their $800 "investment" seem mighty silly?

Is this groundhog day or what? How many times have we heard Bape's not to everyone's taste?

Poor Witts, he's taking the trouble to post his pics and someone takes a pot shot at him for it. Not only that, it's someone who knows enough about bape to know they didn't release that colourway yet, but someone who hasn't got any Bape himself.

Spiteful MF

thomas or anyone else that wants to answer my question...

i know how to make a pair of boot cut straight, just sew off the flared out part

how do u sew a pair of straight into a good looking tapered pair, do u just sew on the inside? start from the crotch or the knee? or...

if you really wanted to be a buddy you could draw a red line on these ? they are not the jeans i would use, but you know...

l_PR475010_5d19b.jpg

in order to avoid complete thread blasphemy, today i wore:

357963030_m.gifshoes.jpg

truth behind the bape hoody.... i jus wanned 2 look like pharrel so much that i picked it up im so sorrrry...........

jokes. my friends unkle came back from hong kong with a box of em, bought 3 of em for £50 sold the other two for £40 each an kept that one for myself. its not the fact i cant afford bape i could if i wanned 2 but......i dont. and its not like i rock the hoody as my best jacket.... i think my friends still got a couple more of em if ne one wants one @ £20 a pop.

icon_smile_blackeye.gif

o and i liek the hoody so..?

Edited by witts on Dec 14, 2005 at 04:13 AM

Quote:

thomas or anyone else that wants to answer my question...

i know how to make a pair of boot cut straight, just sew off the flared out part

how do u sew a pair of straight into a good looking tapered pair, do u just sew on the inside? start from the crotch or the knee? or...

if you really wanted to be a buddy you could draw a red line on these ? they are not the jeans i would use, but you know...

l_PR475010_5d19b.jpg

in order to avoid complete thread blasphemy, today i wore:

357963030_m.gifshoes.jpg

--- Original message by heartsandcrafts on Dec 13, 2005 08:37 PM

taper.jpg

id taper the red line if i was you... but basicly your only taking off like an inch or so above the knee line with it... because by the time its up to the pocket rivet it will be such a small amount taken off.. this will give the jeans the best shape in my opinion.. but its all about how u want em to fit...

but check the seams... its harder to take in a folded seam.. so make sure you flat is on the outseam....

Hey Hearts & Crafts,

You will want to taper the ouside leg only as the inseam will be topstitched...you can unpick the inseam top stitching, but it's a hellofa mission. Unpick the hem though. Take em in from the knee or mid thigh, straight down. Start big, try them out and adjust if you want them skinnier. Cut of the excess denim on the inside or overlock. Press the seam out and run some sandpaper lightly down the outside leg so it blends in with the rest of the fade on the jEans. Redo the hem when you are sweet with the taper and sand. Good luck man

79445.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/y278/andewhall/

Quote:

truth behind the bape hoody.... i jus wanned 2 look like pharrel so much that i picked it up im so sorrrry...........

jokes. my friends unkle came back from hong kong with a box of em, bought 3 of em for £50 sold the other two for £40 each an kept that one for myself. its not the fact i cant afford bape i could if i wanned 2 but......i dont. and its not like i rock the hoody as my best jacket.... i think my friends still got a couple more of em if ne one wants one @ £20 a pop.

icon_smile_blackeye.gif

o and i liek the hoody so..?

Edited by witts on Dec 14, 2005 at 04:13 AM

--- Original message by witts on Dec 14, 2005 04:11 AM

why did you have to add in the fact that "I could afford it if i wanted to" err sorry wanned to...

you know...I normally wouldn't post about this. But that's such a lame excuse. I mean, if you could afford it if you wanted to and liked the design, there would be no reason to pass it off as a real one in the first place. I just think you were trying to impress people here and to be honest nobody would have gave a shit if you said it was fake. (Heck, most people would probably liked the fact that it was and that you don't lie about it)

Quote:

just take your fuckin jeans to an alterations place and have them do it for 10 bux. they have the knowledge and equipment for a professional job. got my apc's and 501s tapered to 7, and 7.5 openings and they both look great.

--- Original message by ramoer on Dec 14, 2005 12:34 PM

what the fuck is the problem in someone wanting to learn to do it themselves?

he'll probably go on to fix up more complex shit, then patterns, cut + sew... its a perfect way to get started...