MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! The jacket seems like it will be super warm, but the temps here have only been down to 30 degrees so far. I haven't handled the other blanket types so I can't make a direct comparison. This one is substantially thick, about 1.5 times thicker than I thought it would be (shipping weight of the jacket was 4 lbs!). The wool fibers on my jacket are super hairy/slubby and itchy, and looks like they're "sprinkled" with dark fibers for a salt-and-pepper appearance close up.

Finally started up my blog again in the last couple months, and just posted an entry about my deck jacket. Thought I'd share it here.

http://elitistforthemasses.blogspot.com/2013/02/mister-freedom-deck-jacket.html

Aaaand 100 years later, I've got some pics of my Road Champs:

ZgmtqWG.png

There they are fresh out of the box, just waiting to be worn...

OlOHrJw.png

And there they are mid-oiling after running amok in Nemo.

They're built like a tank, and I honestly don't think I could've picked a better pair to wear in the HWBC. I'll keep you all updated on the wear, but since I need to spread out 30 days of wear until May, I probably won't have much to say until then.

Nemo is the winter storm hitting the US East coast right now--supposed to get up to three feet where I am. I oiled them because I got a little excited and wore them in the snow...mix of beeswax, emu oil, and some shea butter (1:5:2). And yeah, I basically joined Sufu for the contests (I lurked for ages). It's really exciting to see all the denim and boots everyone's wearing. Those threads will probably end up being excellent resources for people looking into various brands, and I'm hoping to do MF proud over the next two years.

You'll never guess what's on sale at J Crew: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/outerwear/jcrewingoodcompany/PRDOVR~20654/99101894346/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~15~~20+16+4294967181~15~~~~~~~/20654.jsp

Somehow the denim peacoat is in stock there--just ordered one at the low, low, low price of $200 (299 on sale, 30% off on top of that). Get 'em while they're hot.

That price is just too damn good...I think they only did the one collab (09?), but somehow a bunch of peacoats just popped up now? Perhaps there was a box of them unnoticed in a corner of one of their distributors or something. Not really sure how they got there, but I'm not complaining.