MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about their business model but the store is appears to have more vintage pieces than MF pieces (although the ratio is presumably moving towards a more equal split as the number of collections grows). They have stuff from previous seasons including some very early stuff if you are lucky.

Vintage stuff is eclectic - lots of military gear, old work boots, cowboy boots, naval stuff, the odd pair Sugar Cane and Full Counts (at least when I was there).

They also have a lot of cool in house production pieces that rarely if ever make it to other retail stores. The in house stuff Mister Freedom makes is really cool, primarily because Christophe tends to use old dead stock fabrics for the pieces. For instance, they had a ton of different Biribi Jackets in some really amazing fabrics in January. Some waxed cotton jackets that were way beefier and stiffer than any waxed cotton jacket I've ever handled. Or the beautiful black salt in pepper Biribi Jacket with a shawl collar and curved hemline. I would have bought it but it was a size or two too big.

I'd say the store is 1/4 MF, 3/4 vintage.

Those chinos fit really well Louis. Mine are a couple of inches too long but hemming these will be difficult with the pocket placing.

i was really lucky. it was the last pair at tuckshop and nobody seemed to want it or would wear those. and my friend and part owner told me to try em on and next thing i knew. it was perfect!

Big Truck, take your Chinos to Denim Doctors in LA. They moved my pockets, reused the Buzz rivets and hemmed my Riders Dungarees for $65.

They looks as good as when I first bought them. And they look so much better without a cuff!

Thanks for that, I wish I could 'take' them there but its a few thousand miles from Leeds, England! Shipping them over might make it a bit cost-prohibitive. I dont mind cuffing them a bit but it's not ideal.

I don't think Cone had a P number with the Lot 44s. Same fabric as 54s.

Looks like a superb choice Hog.

Great to see some love for the Calis again. I love the approach with these jeans, what with the story of finding the materials in old warehouses and stuff. I know this sounds like heresy but the JP fascination with creating denim perfection (in line with the old ways) is slightly artificial in comparison. So the denim may not be as 'interesting' but the fit and idea behind it all means a lot more to me.

edit: just seen re. Cone. Yes, that sounds right.

Edited by big truck

I have the P8 fabric. Would that be Cone?

I tried the jeans on. They seem to have shrunk a tiny bit more. But not much. But I can wear them with a belt.

Thinking of washing again at 60C. Has anyone got experience with that?

The waist and thighs are still rather wide (no I'm not looking for a skinny fit with these).

I suppose ther are other factors to consider other than the degree of heat difference e.g agitation and/or spin cycle and whether you're going to tumble dry? Surely as long as your confiedent with the inseam then you can't really go wrong, it's still denim.

On balance do you think you could fit a 33, or even 32?

Well, I have the 54s in 32. I only cold soaked them and they're pretty tight, both waist and thigh. That's why I was quite confident with the 34s when I bought them. But it might indeed be a different, less shrinking fabric.

In this fabric 33s would probably have been perfect. With less shrinkage than the 54s 32 would probably work, too.

But the hotter wash might do the trick.

I stopped into Mister Freedom for the first time yesterday as I was in LA getting some pants hemmed and I must say, I was amazed. I had accidentally walked past it and my girlfriend was the one who noticed, it really is pretty discrete. You do lose track of time in there, even my lady was amazed by all the crazy stuff they had in there and is actually interested in my clothes now.... thank you MF.

It's driving me crazy that they're putting the ranchero shirt up last :(

We already have the Hacendado sack coat in indigo stripe, Sportsman shirt in indigo poplin at all our stores, Ranchero shirt in calico and dobby stripe is at SELA already and will be at SESF and SENY tomorrow.

How much is the ranchero shirt?

I think $385 or so, we'll know the actual price by monday.