MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scratch that. Whoever just bought the last medium made me really, really sad.

I ordered a medium and two days later they refunded me because it wasnt actually in stock they said

if you guys still looking for a MEDIUM...there´s one for sale on ebay (30minutes to go):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181079819685?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Also, I had the pleasure of meeting the one and only Bandit Photographer/Cory Piehowicz at Mister Freedom last weekend. He's a really down to earth guy and I wish I could have talked to him more but the store was just about to close.

IMG_8123_zpsf13bffd9.jpg

IMG_8125_zps82cacc6d.jpg

I was in the middle of saying "Are we looking tough or are we looking happy?"

He said tough. It didn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hog, I went for a darker denim but I also had the luxury of being at the store to see the different denims for the lot 44. The beauty of these jeans is probably in the history of the NOS fabric as opposed to manufacturing of the fabric itself. And with that comes uncertainty as to shrinkage, how they wear and so on.

Well if my experience is of any use, I am a 35 now but at the time I had lost a bit of timber as had been travelling for 6 months and living on noodles, subway and hot dogs. So probably a 34 at that time. I tried on a few pairs and 34 was good, though some were a bit more snug than others (but wearable). I even tried a 33 and that was good but not the fit I was after. I also tried the cone denim version at Self Edge in 34. The thighs were tightest on the cone version. The rest were good.

So I went for p10 (I think) in 34. They needed a good hot wash to get some decent shrinkage. The waist has stretched out now to nearly 36, I dont think they ever got down to 34 when washed. Bear in mind that I tend to go for a 50s style fuller cut so would size up rather than size down.

The only other reference point I have for you is that I took size 36 in the old Denime XX type and have 36 in Roy RS1s, both slightly looser fits on me. If I did not wear a belt, they would sag.

You might want to consider the 33 but without you being able to try them, that's a bit of a hunch and it also depends on which denim. A 35 would have been too big for me. Much as I love Mister Freedom, the unpredictable nature of the sizing is mildly infuriating but then, I suppose, that is how it was for people in the old days.

This is the first Mister Freedom piece that I've ever had to sell. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit. I need a size 38 if anyone has one for trade. I'd much prefer to trade for a 38.... Hint hint! This hasn't hit water, so I think it will shrink a tad. Please see measurements and check the Mister Freedom site for more info. Asking $525.

Sleeve 26 1/2

Back 30 1/4

Shoulder 18

Cheast 41 1/2

image-2.jpg

image-3.jpg

image-11.jpg

image-12.jpg

image-9.jpg

image-8.jpg

image-7.jpg

image-5.jpg