MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Cool Hand...

What so the Britches currently measure at the waist?

Hi Attack

Waist measures 17 1/4 (34.5")

FR: 14. RR: 15 3/4. Leg opening: 9.5"

I have had them hemmed – matching the original hemming. Inside leg measures: 30 3/4â€, their enough material on the inside of the hem to let out 3/4".

Well I think you should be OK but I only achieved significant shrinkage with a good hot wash. It depends on whether you are averse to such things and would only soak. I'm not so usually do a soak to see how much shrinkage I get and if there is little (so they are still a bit big), into the hotpoint they go. It depends on what you fit you are after. Sizing down would work for me but then it presents the jeans as a fairly standard straight fit. Not what I am after.

I have the same experience with stretching too. 35 or 36 waist is not unusual. At least it is an excuse to use the cinch (which is sharp as!). Good luck and enjoy them.

Yes I think you're right, cold soak is recommended but that is due to unpredictable nature of the old fabrics. If they are a touch too big, simply buy a plaid shirt, some engineer boots and go see Brian in Leeds Market who will cut you a quiff. Sorted.

... I only achieved significant shrinkage with a good hot wash. ...

Truck, at how many degree C did you wash them? 60C?

I got a pair of the 54s in 32 and they're a bit tight in the waist, but ok and perfect in the thighs and everywhere else.

I got a pair of 44s in P8 or 9 I think in 34 and even after two hot soaks the waist and thighs are too big. Perhaps some agitation and a bit more temperature might do the trick, but I'm hestitant about putting them in the washing machine.

Edited by indigoeagle

Truck, at how many degree C did you wash them? 60C?

I got a pair of the 54s in 32 and they're a bit tight in the waist, but ok and perfect in the thighs and everywhere else.

I got a pair of 44s in P8 or 9 I think in 34 and even after two hot soaks the waist and thighs are too big. Perhaps some agitation and a bit more temperature might do the trick, but I'm hestitant about putting them in the washing machine.

It was at 40 degrees and they have been washed maybe 3 or times since just to get them shrunk back down a bit. Now, I have actually tried the P9s before and they were a bit of a slimmer fit for me in the thigh when I tried the rinsed version. For various reasons I ended up with P10 but from memory (if you can rely on that), the P9s were definitely slimmer then (after the in-store soak/wash) than my P10s are now.