Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

Capsicum; great fit on the Nylon jeans; how did you size those? and where to buy? I wish my LVC 44's fit like that but they only start from waist size 30 and I definitely needed a size smaller.

Looking forward to some fit pcitures mr bielby

Capsicum; great fit on the Nylon jeans; how did you size those? and where to buy? I wish my LVC 44's fit like that but they only start from waist size 30 and I definitely needed a size smaller.

Looking forward to some fit pcitures mr bielby

NYLON jeans have been discontinued for years. Maybe rakuten still holds some pairs of NYLON.

I went true to size on FN087

Okay, I am going to preface this by saying I am not the best photographer in the world - but that's okay. I tried to show details that you don't necessarily see online as of now. Also, these will be more of a 'nice' jean for the next year (or whenever my IH wear out), so they will get 60 wears tops during that duration. I do, however, intend to wear them out and am not the type to get bored and buy another pair of jeans I don't really need. :rolleyes:

P1010594_1024x768_zpse5a726bd.jpg

Here's a picture that I feel does justice to the denim. It came one washed - but was not violently washed. If not for some crinkling on the waistband, I couldn't tell. The denim has great, subtle character. No huge, artificial slubs. Rather, it has areas where the individual yarn gradually gets thicker (say from #6 thickness to 6.5 thickness). Basically, its going to have great, subtle vertical falling. I'm pretty excited about it.

Now onto the detailing, which for me, has been interesting. They cut corners on some things to get the price down so low - not that it is a bad thing and you can tell it was thoughtfully done. There's a ton of grade A details as well. It's a 66 cut, so there's no rivets - but that's not all that accounts for such a low price. They consider this their budget jean in their line.

P1010598_1024x768_zps8a839d4a.jpg

First, the patch. Pretty run of the mill leather. It's the type that won't turn it to beef jerky if not taken care of. It'll just crumble to nothing.

P1010597_1024x768_zpsbd796273.jpg

Plus: Continuous chain stitch on the waist band. My IH don't have this and I find that pretty annoying. Overall, the stitching on these is fairly clean. They have places where it gets off a tad. From a price standpoint, it probably saves a lot of money to say, "Do this many pieces per hour to the best of your ability. Don't worry about every stitch being perfect." And when they're finished, I'm sure they don't hold a ton of pairs back during the QC portion of production.

P1010596_1024x768_zps36737127.jpg

Porky's own red tab. I like how it doesn't poke out a ton.

P1010604_1024x768_zps68f27d16.jpg

The buttons are an area where they cut down the price - most buttons, as you all know, have two portions: the shank and the face. I'm assuming getting that done up with a custom face is pretty pricey. One option is to have generic laurel/stars or the like. The other, is to have a two piece face. Huh? Remember those jingly sounding buttons you find on old overalls (or today's OshKosh kids line)? Those have a two piece. Essentially, the have a generic face. They custom stamp a face on a separate piece of metal. This metal is then folded onto the generic face. Boom! This process is pretty well done as the top button is the only one that jingles (barely at that).

P1010600_1024x768_zpsca164d8c.jpg

Pink selvage ID and dual chain stitching down the inner leg. Two tone chain stitch on the inseam. Overall, the jean uses primarily copper colored thread but lemon yellow appears from time to time.

P1010601_1024x768_zpsaa95825c.jpg

This is my favorite: see how much excess denim is left on the inside once the coin pocket is folded? Looks clean from the outside. Save money on the inside! The back pockets are like this as well. My back left pocket has almost an inch of extra denim just chilling on the inside.

Overall, I'm really pleased with these. The denim has great character. The construction, while streamlined, is made to last. The fit is fantastic. Measurements for my size 34 were:

Waist: 33

Thigh: 13

Leg opening (with my 30 in inseam): 8.75

Front rise: 11

Back rise: 14.75

Lastly, no fit pics.. but here is how the denim falls on my primary footwear:

P1010583_1024x768_zps78375667.jpg

P1010589_1024x768_zpsa4481445.jpg

i've looked at deluxeware jeans so many times, but have never pulled the trigger. i've they are on par with their shirts, they're probably stellar. if i were a size smaller, or if they offered a size bigger, i would most likely be wearing their tops exclusively. their stuff is so good!

2 years ago I was in Tokyo, and I found a big denim/workwear store next to the Outback restaurant near Shibuya crossing. I came across a denim brand called Red Card with a red silk-like label inside the waistband. Being an airhead (and dropping cash at Momotaro =) ..) I did not buy in. Ever since I am looking for the brand but can hardly find anything online. Does anyone know the brand perhaps?

They look great Hoggy, although the waist seems a little tight. ;) Perhaps you should have sized up one.

Are you going to keep them? You can soak them with a hanger in the waist.

EDIT: what's the denim weight and pre-soak measurements?

Edited by Maynard Friedman