Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

Very nice jeans indeed, those Trophies.

Does anyone know how much do the standard models retail for?

According to their website the fully customized goes for 44k Yen, which is really too dear. Also, the reinforcement on the front and the stencil are a tad ugly

Trophy clothing is regularly featured in Lightning and Free&Easy; their tops are pretty nice too, wanted to buy a military jacket style from them a few years ago, unfortunately they sell out quickly.

the arcs look like this:

http://www.trophy-clothing.com/products/

Trophy is featured in Lightning Magazine #198 and in the Denim Buyers Guide

They're also featured on Lightning #62, "The Denim Book" (page 194), but i now know why i overlooked them despite having read it (well, looked at the pages, as i don't read Japanese), so many times.

The Trophy pair featured on The Denim Book is the one with the ugly (to me) front reinforcements.

Probably good for a pair of work trousers (which i would definitely not pay 44k Yen for) but not for jeans i would normally walk around in

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

im gonna put this here too, in case someone missed my other post

here are a (few) thousand words for you

dscn2965m.jpg

dscn2971w.jpg

dscn2972r.jpg

dscn2973j.jpg

dscn2975k.jpg

they are the dna001 fit. its like a lower rise slim(ish) straight leg. high-five to myself for finding these.

i was in osaka a couple of days ago and these were exactly what i was looking for so yeah.

organic cotton, and very rich indigo, the pics i posted do not do these justice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Kyoto Denim launched in 2008. Women's jeans brand in Kyoto. Harmonious blend of skills of Kimono wear and modern designs which are mainly Japanese tastes.

FCDE_03.jpg

I walked past the store a bunch of times when I lived in Kyoto, never bothered going in because it looked pretty shitty from the outside already. Good to see my hunch confirmed.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

17 pages worth of posts says that kicking mule has been here for a little while. the thread started in 06, three years before the waywt denim thread. so yes, vicarious, you are no expert.

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/23406-kicking-mule-workshop/page__st__800

I feel like Big John should be in here, since they don't have their own thread here and aren't talked about much . . .

These are the M3 model @ 10 months, and are pretty cheap, even if you got them straight from their own site through the 3rd party proxy service offered here . . . $123 USD + fees

Oraw8.jpg

X6Svr.jpg

5znqX.jpg

7aV5C.jpg

Y2CMi.jpg

ExQba.jpg