Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

mom&pop is motorcycle oriented; same as Iron Heart

Jelado is pretty known inside Japan; Im not a fan of their jeans (because of arcs and pocket details) but they have some nice shirts

Has anyone heard of these? I found them in a thrift store in New York. I have heard there is a shop in Tokyo called Denim Works that some times makes custom jeans, but I'm not sure if they are connected. The denim seems amazing- no fading yet, but its very textured, almost like many samurais. They also have some unusual features like green stitching on the belt loops, fly, and pockets. I got them hemmed at BiG, and they had never seen them before.

Jeans132-1.jpgJeans129.jpg[/img]

Denim Works & Co. is the house brands of Denim Works the retail store in Jingumae (Shibuya). They no longer produce these as far as i know.

^It's actually the DJP048 model...the DNA001 he says was left sitting at home...I know nothing of the brand but I'll browse through the site in a bit and report back if no one else does!

Dania's based in Kojima, where they have a lovely little store. They've been doing it for a while, I think about 10 years from memory. The name is DNA combined with AI (japanese for indigo)...

Again, just from memory, I think they have a deer logo, with one leather patch that's 2 deer pulling at a pair of jeans in a familiar manner. The denim's beautiful, and the construction's Kojima-standard, which is to say fantastic.

I met the man who started it, he's a friend of a friend. Really nice guy looks a bit like Bruce Willis. My friend calls his Willis-san. I'll have a look through some photos and see if I can find a picture of the store.

edit- sorry, no pics. thoroughly recommended though!

Hide-san from SharpService is looking into whether he can proxy these babies and if they provide a free hem. I will get a pair once he gets back to me.

that's actually really interesting... Damn all these temptations!

edit btw. does anyone read enough japanese to work out wether that size chart is pre- or post-wash?

perfect example of the "actual" cost of production to make jeans....

That's one of the examples to prove that premium jap denim does not always have to be expensive.

I believe some sufu members have this:

http://denim-gallery.heavy.jp/my-denim-collection/endeavor.html

http://www.furugiya.net/?cmd=original&PHPSESSID=b979fd385e12368635b97b94bcae1e58

The details can be comparable to other high-end jap brands.

It's even cheaper than APC at 6090 yen!!!!!!

That's one of the examples to prove that premium jap denim does not always have to be expensive.

I believe some sufu members have this:

http://denim-gallery.heavy.jp/my-denim-collection/endeavor.html

http://www.furugiya.net/?cmd=original&PHPSESSID=b979fd385e12368635b97b94bcae1e58

The details can be comparable to other high-end jap brands.

It's even cheaper than APC at 6090 yen!!!!!!

Damn I'd love to get a pair of these. I actually really like that patch. Anyone want to help hook me up with these via proxy?

Just in case if anyone's interested, streaky denim from graphzero for cheap (relatively):

17oz, only w36 left. The denim is made in Kojima and the quality is on par with those produced by more famous brands, according to the photos anyway

ugh, if only there was a 34 left... someone pm me if you check them out and see it.

Endeavor is the Furugiya house brand so you won't find them for sale anywhere else. I bought a couple pairs last year through Masataka and just set them aside to get to later they were so cheap.Nice quality Denim and patch, which I also thought was cool.

Endeavor is the Furugiya house brand so you won't find them for sale anywhere else. I bought a couple pairs last year through Masataka and just set them aside to get to later they were so cheap.Nice quality Denim and patch, which I also thought was cool.

Hi k449,

If you don't mind me asking, could you share some details please?

Are they unsanforized?

What size did you get and what are the measurements? They look like a regular straight and I assume yours are still raw.

Thanks in advance