cecil

Belts

o5ny9NC.jpg

Belt from Don't Mourn Organize. 1 year. Nice to see his website up and running as well. I'll probably get another belt from him down the line.

jgiuzmC.jpg?1

16 oz American harness. 4 to 5 years old, but 8 months effective use.

Made by unlucky.

Some minor restorations to a NOS Swiss horsehide belt:

M5rBqmg.jpg

jxC8AQ2.jpg

Almost perfect, wish it was just a bit wider.

^ Send it to your local leather crafter and have him build a belt around it.

Restored this guy recently, he's around 70 years old.

eFzxO5s.jpg

Really nice belt!

what leather crafter did you use? i want someone to put a large rivet in my FH shell wallet, out drinking this weekend one of my bead dangles tore off my wallet :( 

what leather crafter did you use? i want someone to put a large rivet in my FH shell wallet, out drinking this weekend one of my bead dangles tore off my wallet :(

You mean the restoration? I did that myself.

Sorry to hear about your wallet, is the outshell damaged at all?

You mean the restoration? I did that myself.

Sorry to hear about your wallet, is the outshell damaged at all?

Nope its all good! One of the ropes must have just been worn, it snapped off near one of the beads, no idea where they went. I may just order some other glass beads and see if i can cut the rope to make it look presentable but at a shorter length 

Nope its all good! One of the ropes must have just been worn, it snapped off near one of the beads, no idea where they went. I may just order some other glass beads and see if i can cut the rope to make it look presentable but at a shorter length 

Put up some photos if you do!

i got the impression only the buckle was restored, viewing on phone. Looks new. Excellent!

More here.

Edited by mikecch

Got my buckle back from Tim Leathers, and a strap came along with it :)

12.5 oz Sedgwick bridle in natural.

SnxJzAP.jpg236G38B.jpg

ZgJGYg6.jpg

More photos here.

Edited by mikecch

Ah yes Tim Leathers; I wanted him to do my watch strap but his turnaround time was pretty long. He's certainly next on the list for whatever leather idea comes up.

J. & F.J. Baker Dark stain oak bark bridle leather, solid brass West End buckle, waxed linen thread. Made entirely by hand.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

J. & F.J. Baker Dark stain oak bark bridle leather, solid brass London Dee buckle, waxed linen thread, finished with a hot crease around the edge. Made entirely by hand.

DSCF8533.jpg

DSCF8576.jpg

DSCF8539.jpg

DSCF8556.JPG

J.&F.J. Baker Australian Nut oak bark bridle leather, solid brass West End buckle, waxed linen thread. Made entirely by hand.

DSCF9397.jpg

DSCF9365.jpg

DSCF9362.jpg

DSCF9375.jpg

DSCF9370.jpg

Chino belt, J&FJ Baker Dark Stain bridle leather, 32 mm wide, stainless steel West End buckle.

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

My newly acquired elephant leather belt with zippered compartment (2 inches wide)

14938210_10211249679783810_2638478629687

14925369_10211249679343799_5389637263016

14938221_10211249679823811_2800707105478

Edited by mf051404

ViPACkA.jpg

More oak bark leather for the thread.

This one by Tom at Hawkmoth Leather Co.

We just received 3 colours of Obbi Good Label dress belts in London Tan, Ash Brown and Classic Black. Made of genuine cowhide leathers, double-sided, stitch-up on edge.

These Obbi Good Label Gentlemen Classic Leather Belts are handmade in OGL Leather Workshop in Singapore by well-trained leather artisans. Using vegetable-tanned leathers in London Tan, Ash Brown and Classic Black, they are skive down to achieve double-sided design. 

Before stitching up the 2 sides, another piece of leather is inserted to raise the belt body, which gives the wearer a classic dressy look, suitably for formal wear. The hardware used are made of stainless steel including the strong rectangular buckle that never goes out of style in formal wear. 

The belt design and concept is to be as conversative as possible, so that it stays low when coordinates with your three-piece suit or casual office-wear of shirt and pants. But the long-lasting characteristics of using genuine cowhide leathers, in double, allow this belt to evolve beautifully with age. 

The colour available is also carefully thought through to so that you can choose the best colour to match your dress shoes.

P9304839.jpg

P9294716.jpg

P9294711.jpg

P9294722.jpg

Hello everyone, first time posting here. This is my burgundy bridle belt from equus leather after 15 months of wear. I feed it with sedgwick leathercare at least once a month.... there was a time I experiment this belt by drenching it in water just too see what will happen but it only became stiff for a couple of days. I think there is some minor peeling and drying at the buckle wear area so I feed that particular area with a thin film of sedgwick leathercare once a week lately. Most of the time I'm always with lighting that made the belt look brown instead of burgundy. It used to have a shiny sheen surface texture although not as glossy as shell cordovan or my loafer below but now the surface texture is totally matte. I think I should get Saphir Renovateur to supplement sedgwick leathercare to restore some shine to the belt. Hope you guys enjoy the photos. 

HWwh7R1

When it was brand new

1   Bridle leather Still looking New after 15 months Of wear

Now, taken outdoors

2   Made In England

3   Some cracks But still strong

4   minor discoloration

5   kP40xB9

7   J45NWw1

8   indoor lighting

Indoor lighting where it look like this most of the time

Thanks Lance =). It's still going strong and very versatile to dress up or down. Would like to get another belt from Charlie again

i've had my 3sixteen belt for almost 5yrs now and its still going strong (haven't ever applied any oil, conditioner etc).

How can I upload images here? I don't know why but there is a size limit to how much I can upload at the gallery before bringing it here. I'm not allowed to use Imgur either =(

Selling A warehouse belt garrison black brand new size 34 pm me

Oak bark bridle leather, solid brass buckle, waxed linen thread. 38 mm wide, 5.5 mm thick, perfect for heavy raw japanese denim.

DSCF1701s.jpg

DSCF1696s.jpg

quick and dirty pic of my new belt. Made by Ian Hubb in UK.

Sedgewick tan bridle, 5 mm thick, 1,5 inches width, I've bought the dull nickle buckle from Smoky Sumi store in Japan. looks and fits fantastic, the stitching makes the belt grip firmly to the jeans waistband. It's the first time I have a belt that doesn't move ever! I'll try and make a few better pics when I have time.

IMG_20170404_110015_493.jpg

Edited by volvo240thebest