Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

I wish I knew someone who would teach me how to remix shit.

I've been trying to do it with 4 different programs and it don't work.

Have you had trouble finding the "remix" button? It should just be under File / Edit / Douche. Alternatively, the Justice filter should be in there somewhere, you can give that a shot.

<3 <3 <3

haa yeah, the thing is i hadn't talked to him for years. ever seen high fidelity? catherine zeta jones & john cusack? chime in here, clopek.

high fidelity? no i haven't :|

i shall get on that.

catherine zeta jones is such a looker still.

I like experimenting with grilled cheese sandwiches.

They become much more delicious when you add garlic to the cheese.

It tastes good when you put sugar on the outsides of the sandwich to caramelise them when you're grilling them in the pan.

Double-deckers aren't very satisfying -- there's too much.

cotton,I'm a bit of a stickler for grammar. life is a noun, a thing. Live is a verb, or an action. So life is something you HAVE whereas live is something you DO. so what do you live? You live your life. Any better or no?

There's one more. Live, as in "This show was recorded live," is an adjective. It describes a condition, and is pronounced with a long I, sounding like "eye." The word "alive" sounds the same, but with an A in front of it.

To sum up: "live life" = "liv laif" and "This show was recorded (a)live."

I like experimenting with grilled cheese sandwiches.

They become much more delicious when you add garlic to the cheese.

It tastes good when you put sugar on the outsides of the sandwich to caramelise them when you're grilling them in the pan.

Double-deckers aren't very satisfying -- there's too much.

i like double deckers when you have two different kinds of cheese

ham is a good addition

i will try garlic

or maybe put garlic butter on the outside of the bread instead of normal butter

i like double deckers when you have two different kinds of cheese

ham is a good addition

i will try garlic

or maybe put garlic butter on the outside of the bread instead of normal butter

garlic butter isn't garliccy enough to be worthwhile. you don't want to garlic overdose... the buttery taste is good by itself and is complementary

i haven't thought about using different kinds of cheeses. good call

ham is okay on a sandwich.

i am currently contemplating a doubledecker with scrambled eggs on one deck and the cheese on the other. (fuck, that'd be amazing i think)

I go nuts with the cheeses. Sharp cheddar, mozzarella, parmasean, and colby or something all in one. A few shakes of one of those generic "Italian Seasoning" shakers and some pepper as well.

If you feel like taking the time, good bacon in a grilled cheese is awesome. I like a thick pepper bacon cut in smaller strips.

i'd melt the cheese with the eggs and have little meaty bits with some garlic. droool*

i'm hungry. fuck.

that's one thing i can never eat, eggs and cheese. like if it's in an omelette? BARF. i think it's only like cheddar though. i can do eggs and feta. but feta is stinky :(

So I was thinking about global warming crap and carbon credits. You could build a "tree farm" and sell carbon credits to whoever because your farm is creating oxygen. Then I thought which tree or plants produces the most oxygen. We all know nature isn't perfect so this farm could be arranged into different layers and levels creating an oxygen producing beast. Then I would sell lots of carbon credits to polluters the most efficient way.

I go nuts with the cheeses. Sharp cheddar, mozzarella, parmasean, and colby or something all in one. A few shakes of one of those generic "Italian Seasoning" shakers and some pepper as well.

If you feel like taking the time, good bacon in a grilled cheese is awesome. I like a thick pepper bacon cut in smaller strips.

Well, bacon in anything makes it better. But yes, i like doing that. Or if i'm too lazy, i'll use ham. Good cheese is a must. None of this american cheese bullshit. I always have a bit of italian seasoning i can pinch and a block of fresh parmigiano reggiano to grate shit. Even if my friends get delivery from some shit place like dominoes, a little bit of doctoring can make it passible (little bit of that pre chopped garlic stored in olive oil too!)

Hahaha, yall still playing with cheeses.

1. Put some vegetable oil on each slice of bread. Just a little, it makes the bread gold instead of brown

2. Use very thin layers of cheese, but put one after EVERY other layer. That way, the sandwich doesn't fall apart.

Stuff I tend to put on:

ham, salami, cheese, fresh basil, pickles, jalapenos, oragano, sometimes chicken, whatever else i have

For the sauce, 70% ketchup, 30% mustard.

I've worked on this for ages.

jeepster's receipe for a damn good short order sandwich:

get a chabada or italian roll. its always good to work off of doughier, yet fluffy breads.

slice in half, first length-wise. later you will slice into 2 sides.

get:

swiss (use your favorite cheese, it doesn't really matter. it should work with what you're making though, otherwise you won't get a good flavor combination)

roast beef

salami

pepperoni

lettuce

mayo

ketchup

mustard ---- all of these are your preference. it is in the construction that you should look for inspiration.

take the bread, spread some mayo, i don't like a lot, its your preference. now put the cheese down. next get some lettuce, romane or iceberg, also your pref. and place over cheese. make sure you have room to compress. next, put salami and pepperoni down. add more cheese if you see fit. top with mustard of your liking or with ketchup, either way is fine. another layer of lettuce, compress the sandwich a bit to make sure you have more room. now, get the roast beef, put it on, put ketchup, mustard, your pref., and then get the other side of the bread, put some cheese down, et voila you have a short order sandwich. toasting is optional.

i have plenty of other quick sandwiches if anyone wants me to post how to make them. i got a good one for artichoke/roasted red peppers/chicken and some good tunas melt versions.

get @ me for receipes.

jeepster i almost neg repped you for the mayo. mayo is the worst thing to put on anything.

its all preference. mayo brings out some of the flavor in the cheese if you ask me. its an unexpected thing.

i fucking hate when people mix mayo and ketchup. i wanna punch them in the face when i see them do it in school at the lunch table.

Premade mayo is fucking disgusting, but mayo made from scratch is delectable. It's like 45RPM vs. American Eagle.

i use newman's own organic mayo. its pretty fucking good.

ive never made my own mayo. i think my mom or my dad have made it before, but i dont remember. i never really eat it unless im making a short order sandwich.

Today my roommate ate a hot dog that was wrapped in bacon, deep-fried, covered in cheese, and topped with fried onions.

It was called the "Heart Attack Dog."

I got the much more modest "Colombia Dog," with pineapple and crushed potato chips.

If I had taken pictures, this post would go in what are you eating todai, but I didn't and the current subject of discussion is fatass food, so here you go.

fun facts:

1) everybody should be taking salmon oil pills to get omega-3 fatty acids... apparently almost everybody has a deficiency and salmon oil is the best possible

2) did youknow that most people have vitamin D deficiencies because they're too busy going to work or school? apparently most people are supposed to take supplements