Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Thanks! It's my first 'real' pair of raws (or at least, that I've worn for more than half a year) and I've really fallen in love with them. The fit, the nice electric blue and the fantastic detailing makes me want to wear them for a long time, so I ain't retiring them yet!

Edited by Analoog

Thanks! It's my first 'real' pair of raws (or at least, that I've worn for more than half a year) and I've really fallen in love with them. The fit, the nice electric blue and the fantastic detailing makes me want to wear them for a long time, so I ain't retiring them yet!

It was my pleasure recommending a pair ;)

Why are momos so cheap here http://www.okayamadenim.com/collections/momotaro-jeans ? Are they any different. They aren't japan blues... Because its direct from Okayama?

We are based in Japan and have direct relationships with the brands that produce denim and indigo garments in Kojima, Okayama, and thus are able to provide the Japanese retail price (or very close to it) to our international customers. Our products are shipped directly from Japan to you, and so we are able to avoid many additional costs that foreign retailers may experience when selling the same products.

Edited by OkayamaDenim

In my browsing i noticed that the measurements on the 0805sp look like a nice fit for me, but theres not too much info on them. Anyone have any fit/fade pics of them, besides whats on OD.com? Thanks

Edited by jmfr

I recently received a pair of lightly used momos (these: http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7960000 ), and when I got them I find it pretty hard to button all the buttons and find it pretty tight. I heard these were worn for about 2-3 weeks, and I'm not sure if I should try and wear them to stretch them. Does anyone know how much these would/will stretch?

Since my 5k need some serious repair I went on a bit of a shopping spree. Bought a pair of the JB406 because the Memphis and Zim. cotton combo was just too tempting. Figured I would switch it up a bit since I have only been really wearing repros. With the generous seat and tapered leg these should fit the bill, that and for $150 I couldn't say no! 

In my browsing i noticed that the measurements on the 0805sp look like a nice fit for me, but theres not too much info on them. Anyone have any fit/fade pics of them, besides whats on OD.com? Thanks

Here they are after something like 6 months and one wash recently.

It's quite hard to get some descent honey combs. As a reminder, they're 'one wash' jeans.

The fit is tighter in the top than sda 103 but slightly larger from the knees. It's quite low-rise. It usually looks better with T-shirts than shirts.

Plus: Great mix of slub and vertical fading fabric, beautiful contrast, great construction (the crotch area seems to be invincible)

Minus: One wash, pretty hard to break in

Fit and fades. Hope this helps.

9586278436_577a9631b5.jpg9586276698_ff37c25017.jpg

Question for those guys who own a pairs of jb x momo 0200sp

Are they only have 38" inseam or they have others, like 35".

Tell me if you guys has one of 35" inseam, please

Cultizm (Europe) lists JBxMomo with 38 and 34 inch inseams

Here they are after something like 6 months and one wash recently.

It's quite hard to get some descent honey combs. As a reminder, they're 'one wash' jeans.

The fit is tighter in the top than sda 103 but slightly larger from the knees. It's quite low-rise. It usually looks better with T-shirts than shirts.

Plus: Great mix of slub and vertical fading fabric, beautiful contrast, great construction (the crotch area seems to be invincible)

Minus: One wash, pretty hard to break in

Fit and fades. Hope this helps.

9586278436_577a9631b5.jpg9586276698_ff37c25017.jpg

I love how those are coming along, what a great shade of blue! what size are they, and would you say the measurements on OD.com are accurate?

Edited by jmfr

Can anyone help identify what model of Momotaro's these are...

http://www.yoox.com/uk/42300059RF/item?dept=men#cod10=42300059RF&sizeId=

It's all a little vague. I've tried to have a look around on the web to see what models have donut buttons, no branding etc but have drawn a bit of a blank.

In eagerness I've already pulled the trigger and they're on their way to me. At that amazing price it seemed too good a deal to pass up but now i'm wondering what i've bought :)

**Edit. Have done some better digging around. they seem to be some form of lower grade diffusion line. will have to see what they're like when they arrive.

Anyone got any experience of the fading on these?

Edited by Mr Black

They could be early Japan Blues, when the divide between the brands was not that sharp. But with the given information it's hard. I think you will have to be the pioneer. That said, I have not yet seen a faded pair of Japan Blues that really impressed me much (but this doesn't mean anything).

Can anyone help identify what model of Momotaro's these are...

http://www.yoox.com/uk/42300059RF/item?dept=men#cod10=42300059RF&sizeId=

It's all a little vague. I've tried to have a look around on the web to see what models have donut buttons, no branding etc but have drawn a bit of a blank.

In eagerness I've already pulled the trigger and they're on their way to me. At that amazing price it seemed too good a deal to pass up but now i'm wondering what i've bought :)

**Edit. Have done some better digging around. they seem to be some form of lower grade diffusion line. will have to see what they're like when they arrive.

Anyone got any experience of the fading on these?

I used to have an older pair of the JB line, ended up selling them but got a lot of wear out of them. The denim is stubborn, but fades to a beautiful hue that is among my favorites. Actually I liked it so much I ordered another pair in the tapered model. Here's a few pictures of the end product 

6oTRrQjl.jpghWLeOwsl.jpg

Wore these for about 7 months, then stopped and grew out of them. Had they still fit these would have gotten a lot more wear

Edited by Rightyow77

Ok, that's a nice one (with a lot of potential). Momotaro denim in general is not that easy to fade and JB seems not to be an expection. I'll try to take some pics of my roping on the 0905SP - when I wore them the other day I was pretty surprised how nice it turned out.

Beautiful roping on those Max. My JBs didn't rope that aggressively, maybe because they were Sanforized? Also the hem was chain stitched but it wasn't as right nor as thin as your maybe less pull on the fabric too? I washed them generously as I do all my jeans.