Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

i have problem like crotch of my 0201 is really not durable, is there anyone have same problem like me?

how to prevent it?thx for the information

That's inevitable on most jeans, particularly if they're downsized, tight or low-rise. All my more fitted cuts get wear quickly on the creases around the crotch and inseam. No way to avoid it but you can put in reinforcing stitching or have SE or Blue Owl put in some preventative area reinforcement.

Edited by mlyngard

I found Momotaro pretty hyped somewhat 2 years ago. But of course the 0701 / 0705 were the point of attention then. Since Momotaro started pushing towards the european market and doing collabs, mixing Momo characteristics like the battle stripes with Japan Blue models, there has been a loss of appreciation I think.

I however still love my 0201 and 0905 SP.

I'm in love with my 0701! probably my best pair of jeans. I'v just buy the MOTY01(Vintage label with the weird guy cut) i can take fit pic if you want.

Really like the electric blue and the slubby touch that came out of the vintage label.

I've been reading this thread since page 1 (circa 2007) and know there's a wealth of knowledge here on Momo sizing from some of the OG posters (shout out MaxPower, offyatree, kayodic, M1stral). I'm going through a 701/201 sizing dilemma and want some feedback/help from the folks who subsribe to this thread.

I'm 5'8", 155-165lbs.

I returned these b/c (if you cant tell) they were strangling my thighs; I had zero room and had to put the jeans on like pantyhose (and I hadn't even soaked them yet). I wanted a jean low cut and fitting enough around the top block to give me a nice cock bulge while letting me slouch fit my jeans at the waist w/o busting a sag, but was not looking for the skinny jean look. I'm usually a 31 and, given how tight these were at the thighs, I'm not sure sizing up to 32 would remedy it in the 701 cut.

Now, I'm thinking I should go for a relaxed (but properly sized at the waist) fit in the 201s.

My questions are as follows (note: I am 100% going to presoak/preshrink these):

1) Can I pull the 701s off at size 32, will there be enough thigh room after soaking?

2) Will the 201s in 32 give me a relaxed, but well fitting fit?

3) Which way would you go if you were me?

PS: I know this is sufu, but dont be a dick. Thanks!

Edited by Ponyboy312

Just bought a pair of unworn, one cold-wash 0901s in a 32 (I already have a raw pair in the same size) so hoping to start wearing them soon. The inseam is currently 38" (compared to 39" on my raw pair) - how much more shrinkage am I likely to get?

Thanks Mistral, I'm going to chuck them in a 40C machine wash, then I'll get them hemmed. These things are for giraffe-legged folk but I wore them around the house today with a single mega-cuff! Really looking forward to wearing these properly, the denim, details and construction all really look top-notch.

I would almost assume it's a fake. Detailing from JB, Momotaro (GTB, Copper Label, Vintage Label) all mixed up. And the tab on Momo's is white. The flasher displays peach boy with target unusual clothing too...

But could be a strange collab I don't know of.

holy shit ... now that i look at it closer, there is something strange about it. the patch is what looks weird to me. even the pocket insert flasher thingy looks off (do they write "going to battle in English" on them? i pulled a coupe pics from my photobucket and posted below. i know they make several different types of patchs, flashers,etc. but the one in questions does have something strange about it. i dont know momo like you M1, so i could be totally wrong. it is at the very least worth sending a note to momo if you want to buy.

if that is indeed a fake, holy shit its good. buy from your retailers people!

_DSC0777-1.jpg

if it a fake, it is indeed a good one.

denim feels like normal japan blue gtb though.

not slubby as momotaro

I just checked Momotaro's Facebook. They are legit. Features at a show in Denmark (2009/2010).

By the way, the patch you posted whatever123 is from Japan Blue (Momo collab series). Normal Momo patch is just Momotaro featuring peach boy and the line: Positively superior. Unless you have a Copper Label patch. That one states Japan Blue (company, not the brand).