THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

I am contemplating between FH 4001BK and Samauri S5000BK both in sz 31. I can get the flatheads for about $100 cheaper, but i was wondering: A) how much slimmer the flatheads would fit (I have an athletic build, big thighs, waist 32) and B) what kind of fadding can I expect from them (I have only heard good things about sammy's but know nothing of the flatheads) thanks

I own a pair of f310 in 31 and they're pretty slim, probably slimmer than the samurais. I'm not sure about their black denim, but Flatheads won the best fading jeans in Lightning magazine. I like how sams fade though, i'd go with FHs.

With out any other information... I would say I like the cyclist jeans more. They have a really cool cut to them if you are on the skinny side, when I tried them on I thought "functional dior".

Iron Heart 634s

or

Iron Heart Cyclist Jeans ?

they are completely different fits, but i would go for the 634s because of the price point being considerably lower. IMO the cyclists jeans have many details and fit measurements useless to the common folk thus the name "Cyclist Jean". But from the pics from SE the fit looks awesome.

PBJ xx-005's or FH 3001?

Im quite slim, about 135 5'9.. Im looking for more of a slim straight look.. Can anybody tell me from experience from wearing these jeans would be the best bet?

In terms of contrast/fading/ Long term effects of wear, etc..

samurai s710xx

or

s0500xx?

S0500XX... I'm a big fan of the Texas Cotton. its Texas Cotton (15oz) vs the 19oz jap selvage. You really cant go wrong with either, both are beautiful jeans. check BiG for measurements and compare for yourself.

PBJ xx-005's or FH 3001?

Im quite slim, about 135 5'9.. Im looking for more of a slim straight look.. Can anybody tell me from experience from wearing these jeans would be the best bet?

In terms of contrast/fading/ Long term effects of wear, etc..

i've owned the 3001s, they are pretty tight in the thigh area, but if you are pretty slim they should be a good fit. They fade very fast, and bleed more than any other jean i know, beware white shoes.shirt.etc.etc. but i have had no problems with the quality. no experience with the pbj so i cant help you there. Id say go with the 3001, (biased opinion) i believe they stopped producing them (correct me if im wrong) but 2nd has them for 19k. (orig. arcs and tabs)

yeah, the 310s, i dont really know the difference between the denims, but i believe the fit is the same. to my knowledge the only difference is the 3001 has the levis arcs, and red tab, if those details matter in your decision.

edit: i do however own the 380s also, which i believe the denim is also the 50/50 cotton poly, just a more relaxed fit, and the quality is on par IMO, but iv had more stitching come out of the 380s than the 3001s.

i decided to go with s710xx's how much should i size up since they're stf, is 1 size up good?

size down 1 or 2.

the small details dont rreally matter much, just merely focused entirely on how well the jeans would fit and through long term, how they would contrast/fade in comparison to the other..

But you seem to have answered my question so thanks a lot man..appreciate it

I know that to this audience, this is liking asking if you'd rather tap Roseanne Barr or Jessica Alba, but as stated otherwise, I'm really a sucker for PRPS, particularly the Classic Selvage. I like the practically baggy look and the fabric is delightful. Further, I think the last few pairs of these in the original cut will be gone within the month.

On the other hand, I also love the denim on the Eternals and I could use another slimmish pair in my collection.

So, will someone make jeans similar enough to the Classic Selvage in the future so I don't regret getting 'em while I can?

-- Thing

yeah, the 310s, i dont really know the difference between the denims, but i believe the fit is the same. to my knowledge the only difference is the 3001 has the levis arcs, and red tab, if those details matter in your decision.

edit: i do however own the 380s also, which i believe the denim is also the 50/50 cotton poly, just a more relaxed fit, and the quality is on par IMO, but iv had more stitching come out of the 380s than the 3001s.[/quote}

Both are made of 100% cotton..3xxx denim...NO poly blend !!

size down 1 or 2

Risky....true waist or one down...if you know you're true waist...

I know that to this audience, this is liking asking if you'd rather tap Roseanne Barr or Jessica Alba, but as stated otherwise, I'm really a sucker for PRPS, particularly the Classic Selvage. I like the practically baggy look and the fabric is delightful. Further, I think the last few pairs of these in the original cut will be gone within the month.

On the other hand, I also love the denim on the Eternals and I could use another slimmish pair in my collection.

So, will someone make jeans similar enough to the Classic Selvage in the future so I don't regret getting 'em while I can?

-- Thing

Get the PRPS and do Rosanne Barr

Nudie RRDG v Imperial Dukes

Two accessible brands in my city, I'm not sure which to go for... I have the nudies available for about $120 and the imperials for $260

Bootcut v Slim I like either cut, but I love the color of the greycast. The Dukes however appear to be better material?

Anyone fill me in on the pros and cons (and do take into consideration price tags).

Nudie RRDG v Imperial Dukes

Two accessible brands in my city, I'm not sure which to go for... I have the nudies available for about $120 and the imperials for $260

Bootcut v Slim I like either cut, but I love the color of the greycast. The Dukes however appear to be better material?

Anyone fill me in on the pros and cons (and do take into consideration price tags).

dukes please.

I really like the color of the greycasts though.. they do have a tinge of green though... whats up with that?

uhm im not sure, i've seen a couple of pairs where they faded a bit greenish. If that's what you want, the organics fade greener than greycasts.

What is the best pair of jeans to get in the $250-$275 price range?

I've really been considering some Imperial Dukes, but I don't know much about any of the japanese brands in that price range that might be better, so I want to look around some more before I spend that much. Any tips would be appreciated.

^

really depends on the fit your after ... for a slimmer fit the eternal 811's look great on just about anyone, or maybe the pbj 005's. for a regular fit I would look at the samuari so500xx's or fullcount 1108's. for a more relaxed fit/regular fit i would get the oni blue's. but these are just my opinion.

edit: also check out the dubbleworks six sixty, which is the same cut as the warehouse contest jean and is actually the best fitting jean i have. good luck.

What is the best pair of jeans to get in the $250-$275 price range?

I've really been considering some Imperial Dukes, but I don't know much about any of the japanese brands in that price range that might be better, so I want to look around some more before I spend that much. Any tips would be appreciated.

Imperials are right in your price range, like tyson said, Eternal 811, PBJ 005, and Skulls 5010xx are nice too.

or you can spend a little more and go with SEXSC 02, SDA, Flathead F310, Samurai, or Iron Heart. assuming you're looking for a slim cut.

i'm looking for a slim, straight piece, but not too skinny. i'm medium built. here is what i've been looking at:

-APC NS

-Eternal 811

-Flathead F310

-Imperial Duke

Price doesn't matter. Just looking for the best fit on a medium built person. Thanks!