THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Sorry, I meant the s0510xx...not the s5000VX.

I know I really can't go wrong with either but...just outta curiosity...is samurai really that great? Everyone I asked seems to recommend the sams over almost any other brand I'm looking at. The streaky denim on the eternals look great but I wonder how well they will fade. On the other hand, the s0510's are 15 oz...I was looking for something a bit heavier.

Which should I choose?

a) Nudie - Even Steven - Dry Blue Black

B) Nudie - Slim Jim - Dry Japan

c) APC - Rescue - Raw Dry Indigo

d) Lee - 101z - Dry Indigo

Really, I had my heart set on the ESDBB, as I thought I was into the taper, and I think to a certain extent I still am.

But I tried the Lee's on and they had a very nice fit. Also the APCs were nice, but I think would need hemming, as I guess they only come in one leg size.

The Slim Jims I haven't tried on, but they looked like a good selvedge Nudie. What are your opinions?

I do like the darker colour of the ESDBB, is there much else with this kind of color?

Is there a selvedge option that has a taper like the Nudie ES, but perhaps a little less harsh, and maybe a tiny bit straighter in the thigh?

Which should I choose?

a) Nudie - Even Steven - Dry Blue Black

B) Nudie - Slim Jim - Dry Japan

c) APC - Rescue - Raw Dry Indigo

d) Lee - 101z - Dry Indigo

Really, I had my heart set on the ESDBB, as I thought I was into the taper, and I think to a certain extent I still am.

But I tried the Lee's on and they had a very nice fit. Also the APCs were nice, but I think would need hemming, as I guess they only come in one leg size.

The Slim Jims I haven't tried on, but they looked like a good selvedge Nudie. What are your opinions?

I do like the darker colour of the ESDBB, is there much else with this kind of color?

Is there a selvedge option that has a taper like the Nudie ES, but perhaps a little less harsh, and maybe a tiny bit straighter in the thigh?

Slim Jims aren't selvage. I dont think Even Stevens are either. Go with the Lee's if they fit nicely.

Slim Jims aren't selvage. I dont think Even Stevens are either. Go with the Lee's if they fit nicely.

I know, I was just wondering whether there were any selvedge alternatives. The Lee's did fit well, but I was really trying to stay away from the usual indigo blue colour, and also am unsure of the quality of them. They were the standard dry 101z, what are they supposed to be like quality wise?

^ he's crazy.

I know, I was just wondering whether there were any selvedge alternatives. The Lee's did fit well, but I was really trying to stay away from the usual indigo blue colour, and also am unsure of the quality of them. They were the standard dry 101z, what are they supposed to be like quality wise?

i have no clue, you'd know better since you tried them on and felt them. If you dont want the regular indigo color go with the Even Stevens.

I already responded to your post in the Small Questions section but I would suggest you check out PBJ 007s...selvedge, non-traditional indigo look, slim but not skinny fit.

can someone help me out?...

I'm looking for a semi-slim pair of jeans; leg opening around 8 3/4 inches in size 35 or so. Not looking for anything really slubby since I have a pair of Onis and I dont want anything with an anti-fit ass.

Momotaro straight

SDA 103

Samurai S0500

Fullcount 1108

eternal 811

flat head 380

What are some other models like those? out of those what would you reccommend?

thanks

^

that's a good list. the only thing i can think of that you may want to add would be the dubbleworks six-sixty. given that list, however, it would be a toss-up between the eternals or samuari's. personally, i would lean more towards the latter just becasue of the unique cotton.

The 660s are some seriously mutant jeans. If they fit, great, but man . . .

I'd need to wear the 33 or 32 waist wise, and the 34's are painted on below the waist.