THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

i'm looking for a slim, straight piece, but not too skinny. i'm medium built. here is what i've been looking at:

-APC NS

-Eternal 811

-Flathead F310

-Imperial Duke

Price doesn't matter. Just looking for the best fit on a medium built person. Thanks!

If you're a medium build, you might want to check out the Flat Head F380 and the IH 634S, both tend to be very flattering. The IH cut is the nicest I've seen, but they don't really fade.

i'm looking for a slim, straight piece, but not too skinny. i'm medium built. here is what i've been looking at:

-APC NS

-Eternal 811

-Flathead F310

-Imperial Duke

Price doesn't matter. Just looking for the best fit on a medium built person. Thanks!

I faced the same decision a few weeks ago.

I went with the Duke and love it! I've also heard amazing things about the Eternals so that would have been my second choice.

The Duke is great though. Slim fit but not too skinny, amazing construction, raw leather patch. Best jeans I've owned so far.

i was steering more towards the black, but that's just because the brown is dark enough for my taste... it'll darken dramatically over wear and oiling, right?

Actually, it's probably treated leather so most likely it wont darken unless you oil it. Untreated leather naturally tans and it starts off really light, the brown chukkas are probably already treated leatehr.

ah! those are the ones i was actually looking for online but i could find them!

some seller had them for sale in the market but they were 10.5 :|

and they're a euro-exclusive?

anyway, i've decided on getting the red wing gentleman's traveller in black cherry.

jpgm has them in black...

does anyone know how they fit in comparison to vans/nike?

i wear 11.5 in nikes and 11 in vans authentics.

Yeah I think they are a euro release. I saw them in london and they are very nice. The gentleman travellers are also super nice and the black cherry has gotta be the nicest colour. Good purchase!

Sizing, I'm not so sure, but I think you can size down one from your nike size. Ask edmond if you are still in contact with him.

No, he's not sure. Or, if he's sure, he's not right. Toshiko said, on ringring forums, that no jeans produced in 2008 will have the old arcs and tabs.

No jeans for the US market have arcs and tabs. My mid-November produced S0310s have arcs and tabs. The last of the 2007 special models that I can think of (S3000BK) have arcs and tabs.

I believe Toshiko has hinted that the 2008 models will have a new arc, instead of blank pockets. Blank pockets appear to be a short-term American market only thing.

No, he's not sure. Or, if he's sure, he's not right. Toshiko said, on ringring forums, that no jeans produced in 2008 will have the old arcs and tabs.

No jeans for the US market have arcs and tabs. My mid-November produced S0310s have arcs and tabs. The last of the 2007 special models that I can think of (S3000BK) have arcs and tabs.

I believe Toshiko has hinted that the 2008 models will have a new arc, instead of blank pockets. Blank pockets appear to be a short-term American market only thing.

Yea but the 710's don't have arcs. And that is what the guy is interested in, so yea I was sure and right. At least that's what I've been told by several people on here so maybe they are wrong but just saying what I've been told.

Yea but the 710's don't have arcs. And that is what the guy is interested in, so yea I was sure and right. At least that's what I've been told by several people on here so maybe they are wrong but just saying what I've been told.

So, you're sure that the new 710s produced for the japanese market are without arcs and tabs? Oh wait, you're not sure. You should try to say what you mean then. What you actually wrote was wrong.

What you thought you meant may be right, I don't know. Sounds like you don't either. You say "I was sure and right" then in the next sentence you say "maybe they are wrong but that's what I've been told." That's not even sure. Your clarification is even wrong.

What you meant to say initially is "710s don't have arcs now, I think."

Shit, try a little.