THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

if i usually wear a 28 or 29 and dior mii size 28 fit me perfectly, which of the following should i get (each is half off?).

kmw 1980 29x24

sling&stones john 28x36

5ep straight down zip (rigid raw) 29x32

the only reason i haven't picked the kicking mules is bebcause i'd like the jeans to fade...

i'm also afraid the 5ep would be too short after washing, and the huuuge rise is kind of intimidating for someone who usually wears dior.

anyone have any ideas on how those two jeans would fit one size up from my true waist (ignoring the s&s since they'd be my true waist size so i have a good idea of how they'll fit)? I'd like to know what people think of the rise on those 5ep's, it seems so extreme!

I'm doubting between an APC NS, Julian Red Hoboken No-Wash and skull 5010xx, looking for a (slightly) tapered leg, I have a SJDJ in size 29/32, which fits great, just want that look with more tapered legs for some decent stacking. So what do you guys think; Go with the APC's and size down 2 maybe 3, or go true to waist/size down 1 with the 5010xx and Hoboken''s?

if i usually wear a 28 or 29 and dior mii size 28 fit me perfectly, which of the following should i get (each is half off?).

kmw 1980 29x24

sling&stones john 28x36

5ep straight down zip (rigid raw) 29x32

the only reason i haven't picked the kicking mules is bebcause i'd like the jeans to fade...

i'm also afraid the 5ep would be too short after washing, and the huuuge rise is kind of intimidating for someone who usually wears dior.

where can KMW 1980 be had for half off? (they'd be my pick; looking for a pair myself.)

I was wondering which jeans would fit better on somebody 5'5 153 pounds who is broader on top with wide shoulders. I would like to buy a pair of jeans that would balance out my wide shoulders. I normally take a size 30 in fulton. I have tried the average joe but i think i would like for below the knee to be not as tapered, something that could fit with no all super slim tops, thanks. Currently choices are nudie straight sven, regular ralfs or 5 ep. and other suggestions would be welcome

I've blown the crotches out of the last three pairs of jeans I've had, a pair of APC rescues, Imperial Dukes and some dry Cheap Mondays. Does anyone have any suggestions on a pair of dry jeans with a really tough crotch?

It might just be the jeans, but you might want to try showering more, washing your jeans more frequently, or taking other measures to prevent your crotch sweat from catalyzing the breakdown process of the denim in the crotch of your jeans. The top 2 enemies of the crotch of a pair of jeans is nasty sweat and tight fits with low slung crotches. That said, if you like can get with the fit, the SelfedgexIronheart Cyclist Jean offers the gnarliest crotch available in terms of durability by adding a crotch rivet to the already tough-as-nails Ironhearts. Otherwise, I can vouch for anything from Ironheart, the heavier Samurais, and Pure Blue Japan in terms of construction and tough denim.

Also, don't take my "showering more" comment (if it applies to you) as anything but friendly advice. Lets just say I have noticed a correlation between the condition of the crotches in my dry jeans and the significant improvement in personal hygiene that came hand-in-hand with moving in with my girlfriend.

Otherwise, I can vouch for anything from Ironheart, the heavier Samurais, and Pure Blue Japan in terms of construction and tough denim.

I have to take issue with the Pure Blues here. They're not very durable. They're beautiful, I love mine, but they're in for major crotch repair after 3 months wear (1 soak + 3 washes), as well as some minor fixes to the pockets and belt loops.

I was wondering which jeans would fit better on somebody 5'5 153 pounds who is broader on top with wide shoulders. I would like to buy a pair of jeans that would balance out my wide shoulders. I normally take a size 30 in fulton. I have tried the average joe but i think i would like for below the knee to be not as tapered, something that could fit with no all super slim tops, thanks. Currently choices are nudie straight sven, regular ralfs or 5 ep. and other suggestions would be welcome

If my memory is correct, the straight svens are almost identical to the Average Joes above the knee. If you are looking at straight sven style fits though, it seems like you might be a candidate for...well, a lot of different japanese cuts. According to your description, we have approximately the same bodytype(I am 5'8", 170 with big shoulders), but my situation is even more complicated because I have TINY size 7 feet, so I need slim/tapered jeans so that my jeans don't eat my shoes.

If you are looking at spending the money on Svens or Ralphs, you should definitely check out Ironheart 634S, Flathead 380, Pure Blue Japan 003 or a sized up 005, and almost the entire Samurai line.

I have to take issue with the Pure Blues here. They're not very durable. They're beautiful, I love mine, but they're in for major crotch repair after 3 months wear (1 soak + 3 washes), as well as some minor fixes to the pockets and belt loops.

Thats a bit of a surprise to me, but I haven't seen enough PBJs to call it an aberration. Is the crotch blowout a case of the seams giving out, or the denim itself breaking down? Also, which PBJs are they?

Thats a bit of a surprise to me, but I haven't seen enough PBJs to call it an aberration. Is the crotch blowout a case of the seams giving out, or the denim itself breaking down? Also, which PBJs are they?

I wore holes in the denim. They're 007s. They're beautiful, but just not all that sturdy. If I interpreted his comments right, Gordon seemed to say it was because of the relatively small diameter of the threads used in weaving the denim (i.e. the reason my IHs are untouched is because they use very large yarn). I don't know if this is right, but Gordon knows roughly infinity times as much as I do about denim.

for me it was the thread. but it was bound to happen, because i sagged the jeans and caused stress on the crotch by just walking. the denim is heavenly though. its so slubby, and once they fade, they show all the hues and tints of indigo. like an indigo rainbow. fuck, i love my pbjs. when i had them repaired, and were without them, i felt naked.

I've been without mine for over a month now. I still cry myself to sleep.

I have had my pair of 007s for a week, and am trying to sell them so I can size down. The denim, and the indigo is so beautiful and interesting that my Ironhearts feel incredibly plain and even boring (even though I love them) now. Also, the borderline painful honeycomb abrasions of the PBJs make the Ironhearts feel like Pajamas.

hi tmdad, yes its the bottom of the average joe that throws things a little off for me. The top is fine, i was just curious for the brands that you reccomended did you have a chance to try them out or did you just buy them off the web? what jeans fit you the best may i ask?

I live in the Bay Area so I am fortunate to be able to try on jeans from the companies that Selfedge carries. I own a pair of Average Joes, but don't own anything with larger leg openings because of the whole "small feet" thing...even the average joes were too big. For this reason, I don't own any of the cuts I recommended you, as they are all straight, relaxed fit jeans, and I wear either tapered or straight slim jeans. If you don't live in New York or San Francisco (or japan), it might be difficult to try on a pair before buying, but if you know what kind of cut you want, and how you want it to fit, you can probably figure out what you need from people here.

take5 would be way better than any store in the united states.. way cheaper after they reduced their prices last october theyre vey competitive to rakuten prices now.. theyre like 15$ more from a rakuten store when you get from them using a discount card good luck!

take5 would be way better than any store in the united states.. way cheaper after they reduced their prices last october theyre vey competitive to rakuten prices now.. theyre like 15$ more from a rakuten store when you get from them using a discount card good luck!

They ought to have a similar price, seeing that they cut their middleman fee and went straight to the source now(seeing from pics you posted).

Do you have their address, I only remembered their old address. How do you actually get a discount card? and what do they stock btw?

I am contemplating between FH 4001BK and Samauri S5000BK both in sz 31. I can get the flatheads for about $100 cheaper, but i was wondering: A) how much slimmer the flatheads would fit (I have an athletic build, big thighs, waist 32) and B) what kind of fadding can I expect from them (I have only heard good things about sammy's but know nothing of the flatheads) thanks