THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

sams 710 or wh 660?

although i will never dissuade anyone from buying a pair of WH, i love variety too. momotaro is probably the best made slept-on jean seen on sufu. the pink inseam stitch isn't for the squeemish, but it shouldn't make them ignored...real mc coys need to be shown more too. if you want a slim jean theres lots to choose from...

although i will never dissuade anyone from buying a pair of WH, i love variety too. momotaro is probably the best made slept-on jean seen on sufu. the pink inseam stitch isn't for the squeemish, but it shouldn't make them ignored...real mc coys need to be shown more too. if you want a slim jean theres lots to choose from...

yeah , i was actually looking at the real mccoys ranch pants.. they seem to have a short inseam though ( apprx 33). i want something a little longer..

I agree. Momotaro makes the best stuff in my opinion. I had some 0201's and the fit was perfect and the denim was amazing. But that pink inseam ruins it I think. It is really bright and really stands out. Plus you see it all the time. Anytime you look down it's there. I know it's their thing but they really should consider changing it. It makes it look like your wearing girl jeans.

The 0201 is a really traditional fit imo. It's not too slim but not baggy. Just a classic timeless fit. And then they do the pink inseam which kind of ruins the traditional style I think.

What's the 12oz like?

i don't know for sure, but 12 oz selvage denim should still be pretty tough. i'm saying this because the first levis 501s were made out of 9 ounce denim. everyone's not into wearing the thickest denim man can make.

i don't know for sure, but 12 oz selvage denim should still be pretty tough. i'm saying this because the first levis 501s were made out of 9 ounce denim. everyone's not into wearing the thickest denim man can make.

Yea I'm not worried about the weight. I'm just more curious what the zimbabwe/texas blend in the 12oz is like as far as texture and shit like that.

I want something a little slubby because I have some Real Japan Blues that I exchanged for a new size that are coming in and they are super smooth. There is like no slubbiness at all.

I've been wearing 19cm mij doors for two years now and I love them. I'm looking for something very similar but just ablitle baggier. I still want a slim fit and long inseam and tight crotch just a little more room in the thighs and knee maybe. Has to be raw, black denim. Any suggestions? I don't buy stuff I can't try on so i'd really prefer if I could pick them up in a store somewhere close to dc

I've been wearing 19cm mij doors for two years now and I love them. I'm looking for something very similar but just ablitle baggier. I still want a slim fit and long inseam and tight crotch just a little more room in the thighs and knee maybe. Has to be raw, black denim. Any suggestions? I don't buy stuff I can't try on so i'd really prefer if I could pick them up in a store somewhere close to dc

go to for the greater good in dc, tell rhett i sent you and youre on superfuture. he will hook you up. pm me if you want an email or anything

Does db still give the style forum discount?

I'll check out greater good thanks for the uggestion

for anyone else I'll add I hate obnoxious stuff and fancy bak poker stitching etc

I really likedthe marc Jacobs jeans barneys had last fall or winter if they were only black. Anyone know where I can check out some of their jeans esp if there's some older stuff online?

I trying to decide between some KMW 1980's or Wings and Horns Japanese Straight leg denim or some sort of LVC cut. The Wings and Horns are a looser fit i think, but the KMW pocket size kind of bothers me. If i were to get something from LVC I want a medium rise about 10" but i don't know anything they make that offers that. Opinions?

I trying to decide between some KMW 1980's or Wings and Horns Japanese Straight leg denim or some sort of LVC cut. The Wings and Horns are a looser fit i think, but the KMW pocket size kind of bothers me. If i were to get something from LVC I want a medium rise about 10" but i don't know anything they make that offers that. Opinions?

I'm not sure why everybody thinks the KMW pockets are so huge. They measure exactly the same as a Levis back pocket. 6" at the top and 6" from the top to the little point at the bottom. i think the fact that the KMW pockets sit about an inch lower from the yoke makes them appear larger because they take up more of the seat.

Terrible photo, but it might help illustrate my point:

DSC00177.jpg