THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

so after debating whether or not i like the fit on my skull 5010xx and figuring out my hips are too big for skinny jeans, im looking for a straight cut. if i were to get the 5507xxs and my true size is 30 what size should i get? i'm open to other suggestions as well. thanks.

29 will give you the fit you're looking for if you originally wanted to go a bit slim with the 5010, but with much more room in the thigh/hip area. If you're looking for a straight leg, there's all the repro cuts from various japanese brands including evisu, denime, warehouse, samurai, flathead, sugarcane, etc. There's no dearth of straight leg jeans. If you want something that's a bit slimmer, you may like the warehouse 660 or samurai 710xx. You have to decide what you want in terms of denim and style in this situation before cut, just because there's so much out there.

after a lot of hesitation, i'm finally deciding to get a pair of japanese denim. basically these criteria are what I'm after

indigo dyed, slim fitting, somewhat good fading property, >14 oz

i did a bit of research and these are what I came up with

1. samurai s710

2. FH1001

3. WH660 ? (dunno if they're slim enough)

any comments/ideas?

F310 has different back pocket shape and poly-cotton stitching (it's more durable). 3001 has regular back pocket shape.

F310 and 3001 have similar fit.

I have 3001. Please don;t size down on this, except if you have slim chicken thigh. My thigh is quite big, so I size up one for the thigh.

Just stay true to size, and you'll be fine.

F310 and 3001 are the same in terms of cut, and denim, and essentially everything else. The only difference is that the F310 has 50/50 poly cotton stitching while the 3001 does not. The F310 is more durable because of this stitching, so its more worthwhile. Go true to size on either model. Size up one if you need room in the thighs.

This probably won't be for a while, but I've been tackling this question in my mind for months.

Should I get Iron Hearts or Momotaros?

I'd be going for slim cuts for both of them, and I'm really leaning towards Momotaros since they seem to be an anomaly here on sufu, and I'm really curious as to how good they could look down the line.

Thoughts?

This probably won't be for a while, but I've been tackling this question in my mind for months.

Should I get Iron Hearts or Momotaros?

I'd be going for slim cuts for both of them, and I'm really leaning towards Momotaros since they seem to be an anomaly here on sufu, and I'm really curious as to how good they could look down the line.

Thoughts?

They are so different it's pretty hard to tell ya. Both zimbabwe cotton but that's about it.

last i got were sam s710xx and i liked the fit through the bottom of the legt but felt they were just slightly too snug in the thigh. i also liked that the sams were rough and warm in the winter.

with that in mind, i'm contemplating the following...

- PBJ-005

- WH800

- WH700 w/cinch back

- SC '66 made in usa w/tapered leg

- Left Field Jeans - Left Hand Twill Denim (only thing i don't like about these is that they're one wash on BiG and i don't know what color they'll be like when i get them)

also - the SC 47s would probably a bit too big in the leg opening huh?

Flat Head x 2nd med. wallet (two tone sd/blk)

Flat Head two tone (sd/blk) stockburg med. wallet

or all tan Flat Head stockburg med. wallet?

FHx2nd is cheaper by a crapload

Stockburg wallets are handsewn, overall nicer imo

fh-fsu-002-2-sdbk-08.jpg

FHx2nd

And I'm pretty sure everyone knows what the stockburg wallets look like (they're on SE).