THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

didn't notice this thread...

I'm looking to get a straight cut jean and I have a few options I need input on. Right now I'm considering: NDG Classic cut, KMW 1950 (how fully cut are these?), Flathead F380 and Skull 5507. I have skulls 501xx (which I might sell in order to finance one of these), so the skulls are at the bottom of my list now but they're still being considered.

Just general input would be nice. Might have more specific inquires later.

...at this point, I'm mainly considering Nom de Guerre and KMW. How skinny is 1980 compared to say New Standards (I assume they're not close to say Skull 501xx?)?.

if i usually wear a 28 or 29 and dior mii size 28 fit me perfectly, which of the following should i get (each is half off?).

kmw 1980 29x24

sling&stones john 28x36

5ep straight down zip (rigid raw) 29x32

the only reason i haven't picked the kicking mules is bebcause i'd like the jeans to fade...

i'm also afraid the 5ep would be too short after washing, and the huuuge rise is kind of intimidating for someone who usually wears dior.

I want some slim cutting jeans but not something thats spandex tight. I'm kinda bored with dior jeans and apc, thats why I thought I should try these other brands that are stocked by Kiya (with the exception of the april77).

what brand is pbj-xx005s? and I hope someone could explain to me whether I need to soak them (and how to soak them) or not, since Im still a newbie with this soaking thing.

I also hope that it'd be black raws, since its a fresh look. I use to wear lots of indigo ones, but I still got the apc one and a levis one. So I'm hoping to get a black raw. But if you got any reccommendation for any raw indigo ones, I can always get another pair:)

I want some slim cutting jeans but not something thats spandex tight. I'm kinda bored with dior jeans and apc, thats why I thought I should try these other brands that are stocked by Kiya (with the exception of the april77).

what brand is pbj-xx005s? and I hope someone could explain to me whether I need to soak them (and how to soak them) or not, since Im still a newbie with this soaking thing.

I also hope that it'd be black raws, since its a fresh look. I use to wear lots of indigo ones, but I still got the apc one and a levis one. So I'm hoping to get a black raw. But if you got any reccommendation for any raw indigo ones, I can always get another pair:)

the xx-005 is made by pure blue japan, hence pbj. they have some of the nicest, slubbiest denim ive ever encountered, especially at such a low price point. from the jeans youve listed, i could tell ypou wanted something slim. id totally avoid april 77 as well, since almost all their jeans have a % of elastane in them. a77s are probably the only jeans on your list that should be labled second class. the rest are very nice. edmond is just stupid and fat, and doesnt know what to do with his money.

anyways, flatheads are also nice. they are known for theyre legendary fades that form rather quickly due to the fact that they are rope-dyed (the core of the warp is left undyed by indigo). ironhearts are made to be heavy, and indestructible, but reportedly dont fade as nicely. i dont know how the sugarcanes are since they are rather new, but sugarcane is known for their attention to detail.

pbjs and sammys arent carried at self edge, but they do have them at BiG.

just go to self edge and ask kiya to help you. hes very knowledgable, and will point you in the right direction.

I was hoping that I could get some subtle design ones too, rear pocket wise. Nothing with the peach that edmond posted, or one that scream "Im a bad ass cowboy!" or "im a japanese wanna be". Hope this make sense:p

all the ones you listed have subtle designs. and if you dont like the design, you could always just take the thread out yourself.

the xx-005 is made by pure blue japan, hence pbj. they have some of the nicest, slubbiest denim ive ever encountered, especially at such a low price point. from the jeans youve listed, i could tell ypou wanted something slim. id totally avoid april 77 as well, since almost all their jeans have a % of elastane in them. a77s are probably the only jeans on your list that should be labled second class. the rest are very nice. edmond is just stupid and fat, and doesnt know what to do with his money.

anyways, flatheads are also nice. they are known for theyre legendary fades that form rather quickly due to the fact that they are rope-dyed (the core of the warp is left undyed by indigo). ironhearts are made to be heavy, and indestructible, but reportedly dont fade as nicely. i dont know how the sugarcanes are since they are rather new, but sugarcane is known for their attention to detail.

pbjs and sammys arent carried at self edge, but they do have them at BiG.

just go to self edge and ask kiya to help you. hes very knowledgable, and will point you in the right direction.

Thanks, Red. Yes, I do know that april77 are nothing compared to these other ones.

Oh, I want to get a slim, black raw jeans that will have nice fade. What do you suggest?

I wouldnt go as far as saying hes stupid and fat, I guess hes just trying to say what hes into thats all. While you on the other hand, are listening to what Im looking for and attend to my need. +rep for that:)

Thanks, Red. Yes, I do know that april77 are nothing compared to these other ones.

Oh, I want to get a slim, black raw jeans that will have nice fade. What do you suggest?

I wouldnt go as far as saying hes stupid and fat, I guess hes just trying to say what hes into thats all. While you on the other hand, are listening to what Im looking for and attend to my need. +rep for that:)

well, for black jeans, i suggest either the flathead 4001 (basically 3001 [which are basically f310s] but black), pbj xx-005bk, samurai s5000bk, or the skull 5010bk. but the flatheads and the skulls are the only ones at self edge. and to my knowledge, the 4001s are almost out of stock, and wont restock until next year. the most important thing, is how you want them to fit. look at the measurements (BiG has the measurements for most of these) and see which one you like the fit of better. some have a lower rise than others, and others have a slimmer taper than some.

when it comes to fade, im pretty sure that all of the ones i listed will fade well. if in doubt, go to the evolutions thread and search for examples

and trust me about edmond.

Recently bought some Eternal 811, I think I'm hooked.

Samurai S5000VX or Samurai S0500XX or PBJ XX-005. (leaning towards the Sam 5000VX)

I'm 5'8", 140lbs, waist 32.

Do a lot of people get their Sams hemmed (I'm pretty short)? If I'm going to proxy these jeans, should i get them chainstitched in the proper length b/c don't know where i would go for that in my area? - I like the length on my eternals, i believe there are 33

Recently bought some Eternal 811, I think I'm hooked.

Samurai S5000VX or Samurai S0500XX or PBJ XX-005. (leaning towards the Sam 5000VX)

I'm 5'8", 140lbs, waist 32.

Do a lot of people get their Sams hemmed (I'm pretty short)? If I'm going to proxy these jeans, should i get them chainstitched in the proper length b/c don't know where i would go for that in my area? - I like the length on my eternals, i believe there are 33

Yeah, get them hemmed. Is there a reason you're avoiding BiG? After proxy fees and international shipping, you don't really save much at all by going through a proxy, and Gordon's willingness to repair just about anything is quite valuable.

Yeah, get them hemmed. Is there a reason you're avoiding BiG? After proxy fees and international shipping, you don't really save much at all by going through a proxy, and Gordon's willingness to repair just about anything is quite valuable.

There is no more sz 31 left at BiG. So, should I wait till more come in?