THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Hey guys.. Looking for a slim cut, low-mid cut blue jeans, something along the fit of Eternal 811... Not too heavy denim, maybe maximum 15 oz? (tropical here...) Any brands that you guys would recommend that I look at other than the ones talked to death here?

Don't know if these counts as talked to death, but the Studio D'artisan 103 fits that bill pretty much - all the worn pairs i've seen on here looked amazing. I liked mine when I had them, but I lost weight and had to part with them.\

Here's a nice looking pair from the evolution thread:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=756449&postcount=7465

Don't know if these counts as talked to death, but the Studio D'artisan 103 fits that bill pretty much - all the worn pairs i've seen on here looked amazing. I liked mine when I had them, but I lost weight and had to part with them.\

Here's a nice looking pair from the evolution thread:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=756449&postcount=7465

+1. Beautiful jeans...just don't expect fast fading. Mine shrunk in the wash and now they're too short. :(

any opinions on sugarcane okinawa denim or would i be better off going for the 66 made in usa thanks

depends if you want the slubby sugarcane fiber feeling (personally its unique and i like it)

what kind of cut are you looking for?

The 811 is not as slim as the F310. Personally, I don't know why people would choose anything else over the 811. it's the denim-gallery-heavy grail jean, people! I think we should edit the first post to say that in any contest between the 811 and any other slim straigh jean in that price range, the 811 should kill it.

SC Okinawa denim is insanely good for the price you pay. Plus, the Oki has little things that the 66 doesn't have. rear pocket lining, blue pocket bags, snakeskin patch etc... I think Kiya once mentioned that the Oki is closer to the 66 than any other cut. It is slimmer in the thigh than the 47, that's for sure.

Not that anyone cares, but ended up getting

Uniqlo regular fit black selvage - at $60 on sale, a killer deal. They have a million pairs, so anyone in NYC should definitely check it out.

PRPS new fit raw selvage - also a deal on sale at Atrium. Some were on sale. Some weren't.

Now, if I just hadn't seen those Eternals at BiG. Is it possible to buy too many pairs of jeans?

-- Thing

I'm buying my first pair of nice jeans.

Getting something raw and slim, but not tight.

From what I've read APC is the good "beginner jean" but Nudies are easier to fade?

I really do want something that's easier to fade, how much of a difference is there between the two?

I'm going to go into a store and try some shit on before I decide what fit I want, but I'd rather know this kind of thing ahead of time.

I was also kind of keen on Cheap Mondays actually, because cheap enough that I could pick up a pair without it being a serious important purchase. What're their fades like?

I'm buying my first pair of nice jeans.

Getting something raw and slim, but not tight.

From what I've read APC is the good "beginner jean" but Nudies are easier to fade?

I really do want something that's easier to fade, how much of a difference is there between the two?

I'm going to go into a store and try some shit on before I decide what fit I want, but I'd rather know this kind of thing ahead of time.

I was also kind of keen on Cheap Mondays actually, because cheap enough that I could pick up a pair without it being a serious important purchase. What're their fades like?

Welcome. APC is a good start...and I would pick them over Nudie for the quality. I'd say they going to fade better as well too...not sure which is "easier" though. Lots of info in the APC thread (size down 2).

I would skip on Cheap Monday unless you just want a fashion-oriented pair, the quality is on par with the price.

Check out Uniqlo's raw denim as well...great price.

I'm looking for a regular fit as i want to switch around from my slim jeans. I've narrowed my choice down to either Nudie average joe dry selvedge or Edwin Nashville. I know about the denim on both so i'm looking for fit advice on both if anyone can help please.I could also do with the back rise measurement on the nashvilles in a 30 waist. Do they have an anti fit ass or are they fitted in the rear ?