THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

ohh nah i meant i couldn't find the 710s anywhere.

those johnbulls look niec, but maybe too slim?

i was looking at apc new cures which will be my last resort if i can't find anything, but i just wanted to go with a new company or something this time instead of just falling back on APC

Hrmm you could probably still get 710s at take5, the JB's might be a bit too slim for you though, maybe they are comparable to New Cures?

Why not just getting something from one of the european brands, April 77 or Julian Red, they have some real nice stuff out this season.

I'm stuck between the Sammy's S5000bk or KMW 1980s... :confused:

This is to decide my next pair of jeans..

I love the fit of the 1980s, but I'v always had my eyes on Sammy's. Samurai's or Mules. Any feedback is much appreciated. Any praise or flames towards these?

Edit: Any owners of these jeans know the sizing of each? True to size.. Size up/down?

Thanks again.

you are missing the all important S0500xx in there, which I guess is between 710 and 5000.

If you want levis type jeans then maybe the 510 is for you, I think the rise is a bit higher than the 5000 and it is overall more relaxed. the 0500xx also has a higher rise than the 5000 buut also is a bit slimmer and has a taper.

I'm sure someone will jump in if I am talking rubbish

out of these four pair which would you suggest? id prefer to try them on first by i live no where near any stores that carry any of them:

Levi 1947 501xx or

Levi 1955 501xx or

Nudie ES dry organic or

Nudie Average Joe

i am 6'2" and 145 - 150lbs..basically tall and skinny..id like a regular fit..not too baggy and not too slim but just the best fit for my body type.

thanks

I don't think that Nudie is all that bad, its mainly the jim cut that has problems and I think its mainly due to people wearing it kinda too low and not washing often enough. But there is something about the jim cut that makes it blow out faster then regular jeans.

I would stay away from the dry organic stevens (pilling issues), the AJ dry heavy denim is actually quite nice, its probably one of the heaviest denims Nudie has ever made, it has a sheen, its singed and dark. I like it more than the LVC denim. The cut of the average joe is really good too, quite versatile.

can anyone point me in the direction of some stiffer denim grey jeans? i don't want flimsy stretchy crap jeans, somethign with some stiffness and substance behind it. nothing pricey though, maybe APC pricing. preferably cut along the lines of APC NC's or a'77 - point me in the right direction?

^^ two completely different types of shoes. My beeswax desert boots come off a bit too formal in dressed down situations, they cant just go with a plain tee, it has to be something more. The Red Wings are a tough boot, can do anything in any weather. I would go for the desert boots (depending on what style) but Im biased because I never really liked the red-cast of the Red Wing Leather. Good luck!