THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Alan,

I am biased because these are my two favorite brands, but here we go.

Pure Blue Japan's unique denims like the XX-011 and XX-007 age very quickly. The 11s might be slimmer than you want, but the 007 should be a good cut for you. The XX-005 and 003 are the kind of fit you're looking for, but probably don't age quite as fast.

Flat Head SE05BSP, F380, or 3009 would also be good choices. They take a while to fade, but give a great high-contrast electric blue color. FH retains its color very well so it's okay to wash them often. The BSP in particular is a versatile fit you might like.

The most important thing to do is find jeans that interest you, then look up pictures to see how they age. A pair of Samurai S710XX and Flat Head 3001s might look pretty similar brand new, but they age and fade in dramatically different ways.

i need to sell my tender 132s (because they look silly on me and are way too big and i'm impatient), so here are the three choices:

mister freedom rider dungarees

tender 130 cut

some warehouse (700 or fit similar to 660)

^ Did you ever decide on the pants? Those jungle cloth pants looks awesome... I'm tempted to pick up a pair for work.

I would go for the 660's out of those jeans (I own a pair and they're great jeans). The Rider's and 130's are different, so that's cool, but a bit too close too cosplay for my taste.

no :( i've just been pestering people on this forum! i can decide if i want black pants or jeans, and sub divisions within those. i'll stop posting about this shit though! thanks man.

'Alan80'

I'm currently looking for a nice, "premium" pair of Japanese denim. But I'm a newbie when it comes to Japanese brands and styles. The only one I own is a Uniqlo "Made in Japan" jeans which wasn't a bad deal for the price, but I'm looking for something more quality now. There's so many brands in Japan that I'm overwhelmed. What I'm looking for, roughly speaking:

- A slimmer fit, like the APC New Standards, LVC 1947 501, or even LVC 505

- Price range around 20.000-25.000 JPY

Now, I'll be honest and put out here that I'm not a big "breaking in" guy. What happened with my APCs is that after about 2 months of almost daily wear, I couldn't take the smell and washed them. They aren't ruined, but the fades are of course quite boring due to the premature washing.

But as I see, there's also washed options, like the "One Wash" or "Hard Wash" options from Sugar Cane - what do you guys think about those? They seem to get good reviews, but I guess for the best fades, I have to go raw, right?

Thanks for your help!

Alan

One wash is basically the same thing. You still need to put in work. Suprised they stunk after only 2 months. I rocked my sammies for 11months and nobody could tell until i let them know. Its just the idea of them being dirty that bothers most people...

^ SuFu has a number of examples of jeans that have awesome fades that were washed more regularly than once every two months... and you're right in not wanting to wear dirty jeans. It's nasty.

It's true that for the really contrasted fades you may not want to wash your jeans every week, but the most important factor in fading/contrast is what a person does while they are wearing their jeans. A construction worker is going to get fades faster than a software engineer, a skateboarder faster than a foosball player, and so on. You don't have to wear gross jeans to get good fades.

Edit- In regards to one-wash models, it's been said that the heat from industrial dryers can have a negative impact on denim. How true this is I'm not sure, but I wouldn't worry about it...

Edited by jonny

cool, thanks i really like the s0210xj , im just not crazy about the stitching on the pockets . i was curious about the texas cotton and how slubby they were supposed to be. i think im going to get the 19oz s510xx. s510xx are pretty true to size? i currently have been wearing a 30 in s5000 fit although i do want something a little bigger. should i stick with the same size in the s510xx cut or size up to 31?

I would take the same size (I wear the same size in nearly all my Samurai jeans). The waist might be tighter to start with but from my experience it will stretch out enough. And as the 510 has a higher rise, it sits higher on your body where your circumfence is smaller than around your hips where the 5000 is supposed to sit.

Never seem to get a response here but... SG1105 or PBJ xx-007? (or maybe xx-011s). Leaning towards the 007s for the uniqueness factor and the fact that I can get them one washed and not have to second guess the sizing

i have the sg1105 and I absolutely love them

Any recommendations on denim jackets? Looking to spend the on the lesser side but for something that's quality, too. Basically, good for the price. Something not too out of the ordinary and would look good over a hoodie or something. Thanks

Japan Blue 0702 Deep Indigos or 3sixteen's st-120x? I'm leaning toward the latter since I'm not a fan of the sulphur dyed weft on JB's.

I'm essentially looking for that deep indigo look and dwindled down to these two since other brands (Oldblue, Kaptial, PBJ, IH, etc) either didn't have the cut/fit I was looking for or were simply sold out. If anyone has any other brands that does the deep or even black/blue weft/wrap I'm all ears.

I also back the railcar suggestion for brown denim. I have it myself and I really like it. Smooth and fits quite nice. Steven also provides great customer service. Made my jeans from scratch (I wanted a bit of a longer inseam) and included a free lanyard when my order shipped a bit late.