SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

has anyone slept in their jeans exclusively?

i kno a pair was posted where someone used some for pajamas, but idk if that meant strictly sleeping and not daily wear

well either way... im thinking of trying this out to see if wearing in ur sleep really gives wear or not... im using a pair of shrink to fits i had for like 5 months and never worn just to get some use out of them... but now im thinking it might not even be worth trying it with this pair since it loses lots of indigo after soaking (which i just did)

opinions?

mediocre experiment at best, but i want to put these levis to some use

i kno a pair was posted where someone used some for pajamas, but idk if that meant strictly sleeping and not daily wear

well either way... im thinking of trying this out to see if wearing in ur sleep really gives wear or not... im using a pair of shrink to fits i had for like 5 months and never worn just to get some use out of them... but now im thinking it might not even be worth trying it with this pair since it loses lots of indigo after soaking (which i just did)

opinions?

I slept in my APCs for awhile, half the time because I just fell asleep in them. Didn't really notice much of a difference except I was getting folds and creases in unwanted areas..I believe it's also strongly not recommended for those who don't want their jeans to stretch out too much...although I didn't really notice a stretch in the APCs

this is a great thread for people like me who are learning learning learning

here's another question

i'm wearing nudie ralfs and loving them. what's a similar, modern fit? i.e. APC and LVC offer really high rises, i'm intersted in a low to medium rise, slim yet relaxed jean like the RRDS, but maybe without the bootcut.

skulls? pure blues?

pure blues are quite slim.

have a look at Samurai, I have the 5000VX which are a straight-leg somewhat slimmish jean. Beautiful denim.

opinions?

who sleeps in pants?

pure blues are quite slim.

have a look at Samurai, I have the 5000VX which are a straight-leg somewhat slimmish jean. Beautiful denim.

thanks, yeah, the samurai's look...awesome.

any other thoughts on a modern cut? apc rise is really high and i might go for a pair of the NS just because they are on the cheap, but if there's another option with a regular/slightly slim cut and medium/low rise waist i'm game

thanks for the help, this is a great thread.

yeah... buy my pair of 901... you a size 30?

word; hit me up with some pics in private message.

levi's red. if possible, the old reds that the 901's were ripped from

the red tag? The slim straight 517's are nice looking but horrible denim. Is Levi's slackin'? All their current outs seem horrible in comparison to the legend 901.

If you have no access to a bathtub, how does one go about the initial soak?

i did mine in my kitchen sink. filled it up with as much hot water as i could, put the jeans in there, and weighed them down with some heavy plates. you dont really need to be able to lay them flat, just make sure you get them wet.

are there a pair of jeans that match this description... i've tried searching both SFs, but come up with too many threads with my criteria

- selvage

- black dyed

- red weft

- straight leg

- any rise

i think julian red makes some, but i cant get their site to work great

nope, thats how the jean is meant to be...leave as is

ok.

but could a tailor reduce the ass-bagginess without totally fucking it up? what i mean is, what are the dangers if i do decide to get it tailored...? just wondering..

ok.

but could a tailor reduce the ass-bagginess without totally fucking it up? what i mean is, what are the dangers if i do decide to get it tailored...? just wondering..

i have not a clue...

i dont think you can get rid of the anti-fit though

is the waist tight on you?

if not then you could have the waist altered until its tight and then they'd be minimal anti-fit?

Here's a question regarding denims.

I've narrowed down my search for a new pair of raw denim and it's between a pair of Dior Japanese 19cm's and the Corpus Selvedge Tal.

Pros for Dior (IMO):

1) Fit

2) I love the back pocket design

3) Stacking

Cons:

1) I'm not very tall at all

2) Expensive

Pros for Corpus (IMO):

1) Fit

2) I like to support these guys

3) Price

4) Details

Cons:

1) Not as big of a fan of the back-pockets

2) Haven't seen them on anyone for reference

In case you haven't seen them, the jeans are here: http://www.activeendeavors.com/product.asp?catid=2869&listtype=c&pfid=AED15310

Someone want to help me out here?

word; hit me up with some pics in private message.

the red tag? The slim straight 517's are nice looking but horrible denim. Is Levi's slackin'? All their current outs seem horrible in comparison to the legend 901.

are you talking about the old school 901's. like the prewashed ones on ebay from like 20 years ago? cheap and I are talking about the 901's that were based off levi's red model late 90's i think. that became type 1, which 901 and 902 are part of i believe...not sure if we're on the same page here

Here's a question regarding denims.

I've narrowed down my search for a new pair of raw denim and it's between a pair of Dior Japanese 19cm's and the Corpus Selvedge Tal.

Pros for Dior (IMO):

1) Fit

2) I love the back pocket design

3) Stacking

Cons:

1) I'm not very tall at all

2) Expensive

Pros for Corpus (IMO):

1) Fit

2) I like to support these guys

3) Price

4) Details

Cons:

1) Not as big of a fan of the back-pockets

2) Haven't seen them on anyone for reference

In case you haven't seen them, the jeans are here: http://www.activeendeavors.com/product.asp?catid=2869&listtype=c&pfid=AED15310

Someone want to help me out here?

i had an old pair of corpus, 2nd season i believe. good quality denim, not going to lie, a bit baggy for my tastes...but these new ones look nice. i would maybe consider these...everyone seems to go for diors nowadays, so go on a limb and get these, they fixed the back pocket considerably since i got em, they connect now...

fuck it, everyone and their mom has diors now...get something new, and show everyone what they're missing by not jumping on the bandwagon...go for the corpus...with the styleforum discount for active, you can get em even cheaper and return em if you like...no loss

Honestly that was the push I needed (a small one). I think the only reason I was considering Diors is because I'm going to Paris in January and was going to pick up a pair when I was there.

Thanks.

[Edit] I also own an older pair of Corpus. I think the Morphy from a year ago. Nice denim but they're not exactly a flattering cut anymore after stretching. Wearing so many straight-legged jeans has kind of spoiled the 'slight' bootcut it is purported to have. I just can't help but feel like a tool in them. The Tal is such a different fit. Hope I can pull it off.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic