SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

you can delete my response, its fine i am not as well informed as you, just trying to give my best shot. but i have another question:

is there anywhere to get indigo dye to redye your jeans/45rpm shirts with

you can ask for indigo powder in schools or at universities.....or me:D

or get some friends who study chemistry....

but the indigo dying process is a bit complicated...you also need NH3, NaOH....

could look like this....

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=14463

Question:

My A.P.C cures are killing me!

The inner seam that runs down the calf on the left keeps turning in!

I hate it!

Can someone tell me how to make em straight or does someone have the same problem?

This is a pic of the area.

untitledag4.jpg

Question:

My A.P.C cures are killing me!

The inner seam that runs down the calf on the left keeps turning in!

I hate it!

Can someone tell me how to make em straight or does someone have the same problem?

This is a pic of the area.

i think (unless i'm missing something, kinda blurry pic) - that you don't like how the knees have stretched out. this happens and its basically something you have to live with if you plan on not washing/soaking for a while. i kinda like it.

i think (unless i'm missing something, kinda blurry pic) - that you don't like how the knees have stretched out. this happens and its basically something you have to live with if you plan on not washing/soaking for a while. i kinda like it.

HAha the knees are kinda okay to me but i hate the inner seam thingy!

Anyway i've spoke to a friend and i realised i just have to live with the uneven twisting.

And after awhile i hope i may turn to think that the unperfect raw denim = special? :D

perfect thanks , now i have another possibly dumb question... whats the difference between left and right hand denim?

This answer is from:

http://home1.inet.tele.dk/bcm/glossary.htm

which you can get from the denim encyclopedia.

Left Hand Twill

A fabric weave where the twill line runs from the top left hand corner of the fabric towards the bottom right. Usually in piece dyed fabrics, left hand twill fabrics are woven from single plied yarns in the warp. In the jeans industry Lee has always used Left Hand twill denims as their basic denim.

LHT

The LHT, left hand twill, weave runs diagonally from right to left in a northwesterly direction. These denims are softer, fluffier fabrics

Right Hand Twill

A fabric weave where the twill line runs from the top right hand corner of the fabric towards the bottom left. Usually in piece dyed fabrics right hand twills use two plied yarns in the warp. In the jeans industry Levi's has always used Right Hand twills for their basic denims in their 501 model as well as their other basic models.

because if you can only wear raw jeans if they're safonized. otherwise, when you soak them again in 6 months or rank, all the fading will shift up like 2 inches.

Quote:

Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife

airfrog, your jeans in particular seem to get heavy knee fades from the word go------when the jeans achieve their full leg twist, don't you find your original knee fade has migrated to the side of your leg?!

I usually go months between soaks and it takes 10 soaks to get full shrinkage so its a slow migration. Maybe stuff moves but I think it looks great in the end. Very authentic in my opinion. Cause on original vintage jeans folks weren't worried about fades shifting with shrinkage they just wore the jeans. I will say for the most part LVCs do not fade very quickly and don't shrink fully for 10 or so soaks now other makers might shrink more quickly and fade much faster so that might be a problem but I haven't found that with the LVCs that I've owned. Now this is with natural wear I have no idea what would happen if you're sanding and such.

okay so i dont know that my raw/'unwash'ed cheap mondays shrunk at all after about 45 minutes of warm soaking and then hours of air drying. maybe an inch in length, probably less in width, did i not soak them long enough? or are they just not going to shrink much more

i read the starch threads in the enclopedia and sum...

well im planning to mix 2 teaspoons of CORN starch & 3/4 liter of hot water

mixed and stored in a spray bottle

anything wrong with that?

i've also read somewhere where someone said that corn starch spoils...or some shit like that i dunno...

anything to add? thx

lol how much are samurais worth!?
how much are samurais worth?
how much are samurais!? i want a pair?

unnecessary

this is not hard to do.

http://www.samurai-j.com/samurai/jeans.html

http://xe.com/

but if you are still wondering, without shipping included about 220

saw a thread quite awhile ago about the knee buldging after shrinking? i cant find this thread and the search function isnt working for me.

inevitable if you wear tight jeans

wet the knee only and blow drying it might help...now someone answer my starch question :P

is it APC or Nudie that does the vanity sizing? and by how much? i wear a 30 in levis/gap/...rustlers. would i need a 28 or 29 in (whichever brand does the vanity sizing)?

there is a huge thread about APC and sizing, i'd think it's stickied in the encyclopedia

my advice with nudies (wich is the only one of the two i have personal experience with) is: size down one or two from your true size, depending on cut.

is it APC or Nudie that does the vanity sizing? and by how much? i wear a 30 in levis/gap/...rustlers. would i need a 28 or 29 in (whichever brand does the vanity sizing)?

I've been doing a little research on both companies because I either wanted the APC Rescues or the Nudie Baggy Bjorns and it seems like you should size down at least 1 on both. I ended up getting size 34 Baggy Bjorns even though I wear size 36 Levis/GAP jeans and the Nudies are actually not much tighter.

there is a huge thread about APC and sizing, i'd think it's stickied in the encyclopedia

my advice with nudies (wich is the only one of the two i have personal experience with) is: size down one or two from your true size, depending on cut.

it'd be the slim jims (in the supermarket thread)

my bad; this is the thread i thought about, and its over at styleforum.

edit:

it'd be the slim jims

ok, W30 slim jim dry japan is 82cm according to zoovillage.com's measurements.

W29 78cm

W31 84cm

edit #324235: oh i see the ones in supermarket is a W28. :) 76cm says zoovillage.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic