SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

damn it! theyre jeans ! theyre suppose to be worn rugged and creased theyre not trousers for christ sake!

lok at this guy!

bad creases? i doubt

..not those kinds of creases, he has straight vertical creases running along the inseam from the way the jeans were folded

Does selvage and non-selvage Edwin ED-47s have any differences in cut or detailing?

Because I just tried the non-selvage version on and they had really awfully small backpockets, but when i look at the picture of the selvedge ones at caliroots the back pockets look pretty big.

755220061121213111674655_L.jpg

Also I'm wondering why the "Sen" series jeans from Edwin are so cheap even though they have all these fancy details. You can get them for under 100 euros here in Finland.

this is something of a cross post, but in reference to this pair of jeans: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=49153

i know it's standard to size down 1-3 sizes, but if i wear a 29 waist in something silly like levis 511s, can anyone tell me if these 25 ncs are advisable? i want a slim fit and these look wonderful, but this 25 that measures 28" (which will stretch?) is throwing me off a bit.

I have a pair of WESC selvages and I'm looking to up the ante.. maybe with a pair of Skulls or Flat Heads or something. I'm looking for something that will have a similar fit to the pair I have now, 30" waist..

03-28-08_0004.jpg

03-28-08_0003.jpg

03-28-08_0002.jpg

Any suggestions?

^ flat heads 3001/310 can have a similar fit although it's not relaxed. it's a slim fit. I never own a pair of myself, but i have seen a lot of pictures with people wearing it and that fit looks very similar

if you don't want a very slim fit, you can do what kiya told me and and just up one size. but be sure to account for stretching/shrinkage

I have a pair of WESC selvages and I'm looking to up the ante.. maybe with a pair of Skulls or Flat Heads or something. I'm looking for something that will have a similar fit to the pair I have now, 30" waist..

Any suggestions?

...either one of the two you mentioned would be good...

Any suggestions?

I think That theese will fit tou good.:

Flathead 3001/ F310, Pure Blue Japan xx005 or xx007, Skull 5010, Imperial dukes,

Samurai 710, Denim Junkie Horse riders, SDA 103.

But i think the Flathead 3001 or 310 will be best.

just my two cents....

thanks for your help, guys

i have a pair of skul 5507xx lined up for me. are these still pretty slim fitting?--i assume theyre a little more relaxed compared to what i have now and the 5010xx..it might be nice to have a LITTLE more room in my thighs...

can anyone direct me to good quality jeans that are medium to high rise (regular rise is best) that have a pretty good taper and long inseams (like 8" hem and 36"-37" inseams). they don't have to be raw, but its ok if they are, i'm looking for black or grey preferably, and no lame ass washes if they're not raw. thanks for any help, it's much appreciated.

i just got a pair of kmw 1980's. do i need to soak these? they fit pretty much perfectly so they'll probably stretch out to be too baggy :(

Most likely not. For one they are sanforized and two KMW don't stretch out that much. Even sanforized jeans will shrink some in a hot bath, but in this case I don't think it's neccessary. Unless they are slightly baggy, the indigo is bleeding too much, or you have a problem with how stiff they are from starch, generally, I say don't soak. KMW indigo is colorfast as hell though, so it doesn't really matter what you do, in terms of color loss.

...some say you should cold soak all your raw denim to get out extra startch to prevent holes and tears, but that's up to you.

might be answered b4....but whats the best way to stretch the waist of a flathead F310?? they are alright when I stand..but I want more room for when I sit...thanks all

Not sure if you've already worn them for some time cause they should stretch out a bit after the initial soak. Otherwise, when they're wet try putting your foot inside one end of the waist and pull the other end up with your hands. You can try doing this when they're dry but you'll get more stretch when they're wet.

Can someone please answer this?

Why is it that when you sleep in your denim it becomes soft?

Is it bad for your jeans to become soft from sleep?

I've slept in my jeans plenty of times and this has never happened to me. There is no reason for them to become "soft" while you sleep since you're just laying there unless you toss and turn like crazy. So no, I don't see this being bad for them.

I hot soaked them for an hour the like a dumbass put them in the dryer without turing them inside out(dying my dryer blue). Am I screwed?

You aren't screwed. If anything the only screwed part is having a blue dryer. Just wear them and they'll still fade.

Not sure if you've already worn them for some time cause they should stretch out a bit after the initial soak. Otherwise, when they're wet try putting your foot inside one end of the waist and pull the other end up with your hands. You can try doing this when they're dry but you'll get more stretch when they're wet.

I've slept in my jeans plenty of times and this has never happened to me. There is no reason for them to become "soft" while you sleep since you're just laying there unless you toss and turn like crazy. So no, I don't see this being bad for them.

You aren't screwed. If anything the only screwed part is having a blue dryer. Just wear them and they'll still fade.

itll turn soft because youll do alot of movement when you sleep and you will probably sweat.

Hello all,

Can anyone direct me to online site where I can view the entire (current) lineup of PRPS jeans available ?

I especially want size 42W and as of late it appears that newton-store.net are no longer stocking the size. ( have their prices risen too recently ?)

I checked with Indigofera the EU distributors and they were not able to help me source any so I am seeking your words of wisdom.

I've done the usual google search and searched here but not yet been successful in my seekings.

:o

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic