Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

You're definitely right! And comparing some Rakuten measurements to the BiG measurements of the 991 shows that they're slimmer. I always second guess some of the Rakuten measurements since quite a few of them are one wash, but I found some unwashed measurements as well.

Hi Slab will do. I went for a size 40 and my only worry is sleeve length. Sleeve length becomes more important when a jacket has storm cuffs as it can be a bit of a pain if they hit the wrist at the wrong place. I have a beautiful RMNZ M444 which fits almost perfectly but for the storm cuff which hits my wrist a bit high up. I'm 6'1" and 12 stone so body and sleeve length are usually the problem areas on repro flight jackets.

hi kimi

pls let me know how the sizing worked out for you

I'll be picking up a RMC deck jacket myself also this year

We own some of the same garments slab and having seen your fit pics i can say with confidence that the 38" will drown you. They are quite roomy, having said that i can not guarantee that the 36" will be comfortable.

Fit Pic of JMC Bpark. Size med.

5'11" 38"Chest 32"Waist 72kg

8384805716_e405267a1e_c.jpg

Sorry to dig so far into the vaults on this one, but I can't get The Real McCoy's off my mind. Looking to purchase a loopwheeled Ball Park crew neck sweat from either Superdenim or Inventory eventually this week, only not entirely sure how to size. I like the fit you have here Double 0, any guidance you wouldn't mind sharing? I'm ~5'8" and 165 pounds and wear a size L (American sizing) in most t shirts and sweatshirts. Assuming these shrink quite a bit, I'm still debating between a L and even an XL.

Any help is appreciated. Here are a few links to the sweatshirt. I'm assuming they're the same. :

http://www.superdenim.com/prodpage.asp?productid=1735

http://store.inventorymagazine.com/collections/the-real-mccoys/products/the-real-mccoys-12-oz-grey-sweatshirt

Thanks.

Edited by whozdrew?

Holy crap drew you are going to have to rethink your sizing mindset. The vintage fit is short, boxy and very unlike a modern fitting US large. I am 5'11" 160lbs (ish) and that is a med. If you want that fit i suggest you buy a Med too unless you have a chest size that exceeds 40" then go for the large, at 5'8" the XL will be near your knees.

Sizes for the Med-pit to pit 21.5" collar to hem at the back 24.5"

I prefer the fit straight out the wash they loose 3% and body is shorter.

Comparison fit fresh out the wash.

Jp retail on these is £86 from Vintage Paradise. http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/vintage/item/mc12125/

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Not only the chest but the hem/opening could be a bit billowy, if you are 6' or over the sleeves could be an issue on the 36"

i see, that shouldn't be the case then as I am 5'6 and 134 lb

Thanks for the input everyone. Looks like I will need to rethink my sizing after all.

Those sweats from Vintage Paradise were actually just discussed in the Vintage Sweats thread, as I was curious to find out if anyone knows whether or not they are loopwheeled. From my speculation I couldn't find any reason to believe that they actually are. Not anywhere on the listing does it say "loop" or "wheel" (and VP usually does with many of their listings). The product number also matches up with that on McCoy's website, which again doesn't mention the term. Either way, it looks to be an incredible price for an incredible piece from JMC, I've just spent the last few years reading about the greatness of loopwheeled products, and I want to finally make my first dive.

Edit: Double 0, when you measured your washed sweat, did you measure the length on the back from sitch-to-stitch, or literally from the ends of the fabric, or how did you do it? Thanks in advance!

Edited by whozdrew?

BiG will be stocking a loopwheeled and a non loopwheeled sweat this season. If ur not sure what ur buying is loopwheeled or not PM me or wait for BiG.... also i have to be honest loopwheeled sweats are not necessarily the best quality. 

A package will be arriving tmmrw from independence chicago. I am very excited for new mccoys gear.

Well after a debate I decided to trust Double 0's suggestion and go with a Medium in the Ball Park from Superdenim. I expedited the shipping so hopefully it should be here by Monday at the latest. I decided to go through Superdenim for a few reasons. Not only was the price cheaper with upgraded shipping, but they also offer refunds. I'll be sure to share the sweat as soon as it arrives.

a.khan- Im not really a camo kinda guy but very interested in how the overdyed shorts have turned out after a few washes, any chance of some pics when you get 5 please?

drew- Good Luck with it, If your chest is less than 40" it should be perfect. Folks find it hard to make the change to a fitted sweat after years of wearing oversized US sizes but few ever regret it. If you want minimal shrinkage just wash on 30C.

slab- BIG have posted a size chart for this seasons N-1 deck jacket giving "internal" chest measurements that i think you will find helpful.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

I just had a quick look at the N-1 on the BIG website to double check the measurements of the size 40 and noticed for the first time that they are selling them without the USN stencil.. I don't think that would have swayed my purchasing decision but still, worth thinking about if you're in the market for one.

I take a large in the sweats but that's mostly cos the medium is too short on me. I hot wash and dry so the size ends up somewhere between M and L. The washing machine abuse also fades em pretty quick too.

And Mich, looking good mate.

kimi- All the RMC jackets are a special order for BIG without the stencil not just the deck jacket, The size i wanted (without) was out of stock so i tried to special order it, Gordon did his best to source one that RMC had manufactured but yet to stencil, sadly i was out of luck.

Mich- Its a pleasure mate, Looks great, in fact that's the best i have seen that 2tone sweat looking on anybody.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Hey double o, I remember you mentioning you we're after a non stencil version at the time. To be honest though, whilst a non stencil is tempting, it is part of the character of the jacket so I reckon on balance they look better with than without.. It would be nice to fade it a bit though, the stencil does look awfully crisp when new.

Can't wait for mine to arrive (from VP)