Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

@kiya does the Alonzo fit a little bigger?
I tried on James or Eric (don't remember exactly which) when I was in SF last fall in size 46 and it was way too small.
The Alonzo measurements do look slightly bigger, but I thought I'd check.

1 minute ago, Broark said:

@kiya does the Alonzo fit a little bigger?
I tried on James or Eric (don't remember exactly which) when I was in SF last fall in size 46 and it was way too small.
The Alonzo measurements do look slightly bigger, but I thought I'd check.

Yes, the Alonzo fits almost a full size bigger than all previous Fine Creek jackets, it runs about 1.5" to 2" bigger in the waist compared to all previous models.

Iron Heart Ultra-Heavy Flannel, Deerskin Shirts, Sneakers, & More

Iron Heart just hit us with some nice new winter releases.   We have a new color in their Ultra-Heavy flannel series of shirts, a fresh run of their deerskin snap buttoned shirts in black, 21oz black denim sneakers, the 888s straight tapered jean in 21oz denim, and Type III modified jackets in indigo-dyed corduroy.

You can find all these items now both online and at our stores.

Shop Iron Heart Online

Iron_Heart_Ultra_Heavy_Flannel_Snap_Shir

IH_DEER_01-684x1025.jpg
IH_DEER_05-1025x684.jpg
IH_DEER_06-1025x684.jpg
IH_DEER_08-1025x684.jpg

ih_sneaker_blk_01-680x1025.jpg
ih_sneaker_blk_02-1025x680.jpg
ih_sneaker_blk_05-1025x680.jpg
ih_sneaker_blk_07-1025x680.jpg

ih_888_01-680x1025.jpg
ih_888_07-1025x680.jpg
ih_888_09-1025x680.jpg

Iron_Heart_Corduroy_Modified_Type_III_Ja

The Self Edge Black Friday SALE - This Weekend!

SE-BLACK-FRIDAY-2020-1080x1350.jpg

This weekend we're running a Black Friday sale from Friday through Monday. This will be the last time we're discounting anything this year. Come by the store and see all our new collections and enjoy a 15% off sale on everything (except Good Art*).

Everything will be marked down 15% for four days; come by and check out our new goods, we even have some new winter collections in stock from many of the brands we carry. Due to covid safety restrictions and for the safety of our staff and clients we have extended the sale by one day to reduce crowding in our stores.  If you do decide to come into our stores, as opposed to ordering online, masks are 100% required to enter the store, no exceptions will be made.

*There are no longer discounts allowed on Good Art at any retailer, instead if your Good Art order during these sale days is over $500 (in total value of Good Art items, pre-tax/shipping) you will be gifted a free sterling silver Rosette Biscuit on a Sky Blue Rubber Bracelet.  This will automatically be included in your online order and in-store customers will be given this during checkout.

Self Edge Online Store Sale:

Starts: 9am (PST) Friday, November 27th
Ends: 9am (PST) Tuesday, December 1st

Sale in-store and online will be 15% off (excludes hems/repairs/Good Art). Customers which are not local can use a coupon code for 15% off everything in our online store starting at 9AM (PST) Friday November 27th, the coupon code will be good until 9am (PST) Tuesday, December 1st.
Sale terms cannot be retroactive for past purchases or to pre-purchase items which are not in our current stock.

Coupon Code for 15% off: BlackFriday2020

Shop Self Edge Online

Free Good Art bracelets with purchase all Black Friday sale weekend!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CID_qcFnVA3/

Edited by kiya

2 hours ago, givemefive said:

Kiya, can you explain the size charts for the Warehouse 800? I'm not seeing any difference in waist for the 34 and 36, is that true?

Yup, the size charts are all accurate, Warehouse is a bit out there with the way they grade their jeans once they go up to 34 and above.  The fits are perfect as long as you get the correct waist measurement.

Merz B. Schwanen Winter Collection of Loopwheeled Goods

Merz B's winter collection just landed at all stores.  We have new loopwheeled pull-over hoodies in two colors, crewneck sweaters in three colors, and merino wool beanies in two colors.  These things are made of organic Greek cotton then loopwheeled on vintage knitting machines in Germany and finished with vintage-correct construction and trim.   The attention to detail Merz puts into their basics is impressive and we're excited to be able to expand what we stock from them. 

These new items along with restocks of tees, previously released watch caps, and more are available now at all stores.

Merz_B._Schwanen_Heavy_Weight_Zip_Hoodie

Merz_B._Schwanen_Heavy_Weight_Crewneck_S

merz_sweatshirt_gray_01-680x1025.jpg
merz_sweatshirt_gray_05-1025x680.jpg
merz_sweatshirt_gray_09-1025x680.jpg

Merz_B._Schwanen_Merino_Wool_Beanie_Navy

Merz_B._Schwanen_Merino_Wool_Beanie_Gray
Merz_B._Schwanen_Merino_Wool_Beanie_Gray

Shop Merz B. Schwanen Online

The Fine Creek Shinki Horsehide RYAN Jacket

We’ve got a hot one this week from Fine Creek. The Ryan model is here and is made of what we believe to be the best horsehide in the world from Japan’s famed Shinki Hikaku tannery. This 1.3mm tea-core dyed horsehide feels and looks great when new and looks unbelievable when broken in.  Fine Creek have created a completely new Shinki "recipe" for the Ryan model, we've never seen a Shinki horsehide which looks and feels like this.  The Ryan jacket has three zippered outer pockets and is cotton flannel lined.  These jackets were produced in black and a small run of rare brown ones made of the same Shinki horsehide.

These are available now in limited numbers at all stores.

Shop Fine Creek Online

Fine_Creek_Horsehide_Jacket_Ryan_Black_2
Fine_Creek_Horsehide_Jacket_Ryan_Black_1

Fine_Creek_Horsehide_Jacket_Ryan_Brown_1

1 hour ago, Unnmd said:

Maaaaaaaan, that’s exactly the style of jacket I want. Stupid genetics.

We knew this jacket was going to be good, but when it showed up at the stores we were floored, it's beautiful.

3 hours ago, kiya said:

We knew this jacket was going to be good, but when it showed up at the stores we were floored, it's beautiful.

I may have to sneak to the NYC store to see it in person. Body length is my only concern, anything under 30” doesn’t work with my long ass torso.

New Roy Slim Tapered Jeans - XX Experimental Denim

We have a new run of Roy’s jeans being released this week!  To prevent crowding at our brick and mortar stores (due to covid-related safety) these jeans will only be released online.  

Roy has created a rare slim tapered fit out of a never-before-used deadstock fabric.  This denim is a 13oz White Oak Mills fabric with an off-white weft and dark pure indigo-dyed warp that has been in a barn in North Carolina since 2005.  Records show it was a fabric developed for the best known jean brand in the world which was never used.  We love this denim, it has a unique shade to it due to the off-white weft yarns which peak through the dark indigo warp.  The jean is finished with 10oz Cone Mills ring-spun cotton twill pocket bags, welted belt loops, a 5oz cowhide patch with Roy's original artwork, yellow/orange Pima cotton constructional stitching, and lined coin and rear pockets.

These are unsanforized and have not been rinsed, so the measurements you see online shrink down considerably after a hot soak.   Please check the product page for a full run-down on the denim and details.

These jeans will go on sale online on Wednesday, December 9th, at 9am (PST).

Shop Roy's Jeans Online

Roy_RT_Jeans_Slim_Tapered_Fit_XX_Experim

2 hours ago, Josh'N'Roll said:

Let the fretting and sweating begin! :D The larger sizes look like they have a decent amount of room in the top block for a slim tapered cut. I shouldn't cop but will probably try.

With the less common slimmer fit coupled with the never before used denim this is a hot one.  Though we did get the largest run we've gotten in years so they may stick around longer than usual as we have 125 pairs.

2 hours ago, JFan said:

Do you recommend going true to size for the roy's?

Yes, true to size. The waist shrinks approximately to tagged size.

1 hour ago, Broark said:

Charts look similar to the RT1002's that I have, need to go see how they measure these days.
Wonder if this denim will shrink more or less than Black Seed?

Shrinkage is in line with Black Seed denim!

54 minutes ago, JohnM said:

125 pairs?!  Did you sew these Kiya?  ;-)

I definitely did not.  You don't want me sewing you a pair of jeans, it wouldn't be pretty.

3 hours ago, JackFrost08 said:

Hey Kiya, so these will need a hot soak before wear, right? Really tempted by a pair. I've been wearing mostly Ironheart denim recently and my only dilemma is getting the right waist size vs the thigh and rise being too big. 

Yes, we recommend doing a soak before wearing the new Roy jean due to its unsanforized denim.  How hot you get the water and how long you soak them all has to do with how much room you have in the waist when you first get them.  

More room in the waist = hotter/longer soak, less room in the waist = colder/shorter soak.

Studio D'Artisan Kimono-Kasuri shirts, Heavy Thermals, & Suvin Gold Loopwheeled T-Shirts

Big delivery this week from the oldest of the Osaka Five brands, Studio D'Artisan.  

First off we have their new Kimono-Kasuri shirt.  Studio D’Artisan continue to push forward in terms of bringing the most interesting fabrics to shirts and jackets.  This week have a limited edition shirt made out of recreated vintage kimono designs printed with pure indigo on an original cotton fabric. Due to the number of fabric designs they've produced there are seven different fabric designs.

Studio D’Artisan makes some very impressive basics and every winter they do a run of heavy thermal shirts in various colors.  For the winter season this year they’ve done a great khaki color.  These are made of a super nice SDA developed 100% cotton thermal fabric and are great for wearing alone or for layering.  

Along with the new thermal and short sleeve shirt we have fresh production runs of their loopwheeled t-shirts in every imaginable style.  We have indigo-dyed and black flat lock seamed pocket tees, we have long staple cotton loopwheeled pocket tees, and of course we have their insanely nice Suvin Gold t-shirts available in three colors.

You can find all these items along with a full restock of jeans, belts, and socks at all stores and online.

Shop Studio D'Artisan Online

Studio_D’Artisan_Kimono_Kasuri_Indigo_Dy

Studio_D’Artisan_Heavy_Long_Sleeve_Therm

Studio_D’Artisan_Loopwheeled_T_Shirt_Bla

sda_plastic_pack_tshirt_05-1025x680.jpg
sda_plastic_pack_tshirt_04-1025x680.jpg

sda_plastic_pack_tshirt_wh_05-1025x680.j
sda_plastic_pack_tshirt_wh_03-1025x680.j

SDA_Suvin_Gray_T_1-681x1025.jpg
SDA_Suvin_White_T_1_-680x1025.jpg
sda_suvin_blk_L_01-680x1025.jpg
sda_suvin_blk_L_05-1025x680.jpg

2 hours ago, reallypeacedoff said:

K, whatever happened to the product page for the 633s-142 jeans? 

It's right here: http://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1596