kiya

Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

i'd like to complain,

i went into self edge san francisco and kiya gave me a free muscle milk and told me to drink it.

his implications that i am not already a big rippling muscular tough guy really hurt my feelings.

thankfully i had two pints of ben and jerry's in my fridge or i would probably still be crying.

Posted · Hidden by Charlie Delta, January 30, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Charlie Delta, January 30, 2012 - No reason given

You could always look at the Selfedge site for all the information you want.

Being a smart ass will not get you anywhere on this forum and pointing out the obvious isn't exactly smart, just ass.

where did you see the 10 day return policy?

Maybe you should heed your own comments, see comment above.

Its a good job one of you is.

Now you're being rude, dick.

I can't believe I have been nagged for pointing out some idiot's folly and sheer rudeness on the internet. I won't forget it. I know who you all are.

The kid wasn't even being rude. Quit your whining.

Just goes to show how the internet has bred some people to behave like absolute twats.

Coming from you? Ha!

Posted · Hidden by Charlie Delta, January 30, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Charlie Delta, January 30, 2012 - No reason given

^too much time on your hands. Dick.

please stop cluttering the thread with useless comments

back on topic please.

can i ship a pair of jeans to selfedge(sf or la) to be chainstitch hemmed?

the chainstitching policy on the website says that you guys will only accept jeans brought in person,

but i cant really make it to either location since i am in college right now.

Im about to buy another pair(From another user on this site) and i would love to know if i could just simply

ship the jeans to SE, get them hemmed and sent back. that would be perfect!

leave it to seul to lighten the situation lol.

@jas010100- kiya/ajchen will take care of you. he's willing to go at all lengths to satisfy a customer and answer any of your questions. selfedge is all about selling quality goods and trying to help the denim community. i could attest to the quality of their service..... i've been a returning customer cause of it. sometimes i even come and chill in SENY with thomas. they're all nice guys. they want to build relationships with their customers as they start their denim journey. i just don't think they'll try to help you button up your jeans... or measure your inseam with your jeans on lol

Edited by llvlaglne

kiya, any chance of the FH double ring bracelet and handsewn cordovan wallets ever being re-stocked?

kiya, any chance of the FH double ring bracelet and handsewn cordovan wallets ever being re-stocked?

Email us to order the wallet, we've got one left at SELA.

FH isn't producing the bracelet any more, sorry!

well ended up getting the SG 2109's after exchanging the SEXI14's. super excited to give this denim a go. once again dude at SELA was great. thanks guys up at SF and LA for helping me out with the return/exchange.

any news on the single strand leather/silver that was meant to be restocked this month? (after a black L)

cheers

i think you missed this one earlier kiya

Is the SF store getting the 3sixteen shadow selvedge?

from what i remember reading a while back in the forum, no. But they are already available at SENY and SELA. andrew or johan can set you out with sizing asap.

i think you missed this one earlier kiya

We're waiting for them, FH leather and silver items take quite a while for them to make. Three people make the entire collection for the entire world.

Nope, those are only available at SENY and SELA.

Kiya - what size in the FH3009 would be somewhat comparible to a 32W IH634s? 32 or 33? My thighs are the controlling dimension.

Also, when do you expect a restock on the 3009?

Thanks!!

Kiya - what size in the FH3009 would be somewhat comparible to a 32W IH634s? 32 or 33? My thighs are the controlling dimension.

Also, when do you expect a restock on the 3009?

Thanks!!

I'd say a size 33 after a hot soak would be perfect for you.

We have one left in that size now.

Posted · Hidden by Charlie Delta, February 2, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Charlie Delta, February 2, 2012 - No reason given

Great quality self edge s/s shirt at a ridiculously cheap price, message me for details...

e3499ff0.jpg

if i hem the SL-100x from a 37" to a 33" inseam will the leg opening measurements change much?

No. The leg opening won't change at all.

Thanks dude. It just didn't meet my expectations and yeah it does matter to me. I spent my hard earned money on this pair of jeans. I measured them so many times, lol. I ended up calling SESF and talked to kiya himself. He's cool. Explained to me that they measure the inseam pulled taut. That was the half inch difference. He also said they'd replace them if they didn't measure up. I'll probably end up stuck with these. Fuck it though, it's all good. It just burns me when people taunt and provoke on the internet. This is supposed to be a forum and I'm a dissatisfied customer. I had all the best intentions but people suck dude. My bad Kiya. I'll come through tomorrow.

Here are your jeans which measure 34.2" in the length. Keep mind that this is without any tugging of the fabric, if pulled taught it measures 34.5", which is actually longer than where you wanted it.

photo.jpg

I think that photo would be more effective if you applied like six instagram filters.

(trolling :) )

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?!

Butchered some brand spanking new strike golds I see...

fixed it for ya. those other guys (dh?) don't look too special, but owwww 330$ cutoffs that look like they're raw.

Summer is coming. Well, soon. Hopefully. Anyways;

why the hell do you need two pairs of jorts made from basically unworn jeans?

also, 19oz shorts? that seems pretty stupid.

:P vvvv

Edited by wgmds

Perfectly acceptable questions, I will attempt to answer them. Indeed, they are unworn SG Pure Gold "jorts" (17oz I believe, seems like plenty of people wear +21oz in summer) and "those other guys (dh?) don't look too special" (I'm sure Kiya is flattered) are indeed SExI08BK. 

I wonder why having 2 pairs of shorts is NOT acceptable but having 5+ (probably under estimating most of you) pairs of jeans IS? Do you wear all of them because I sure as hell don't and since I'm moving country (35+ Celsius degree days 9 months of the year) I'd like to have a couple of pairs at my disposal. Maybe one pair is in the wash or I feel like wearing a black pair rather than a blue pair, who knows.

I look at it this way. Each pair of raw denim you own is probably going to get 2 years of wear. I'm sure many of you own 10+ pairs. So that means you have probably 20 years of wear left in your collection. In that time I'm sure the trends will be different and/or you'll have outgrown that XX branded pair with that XX inseam length. Maybe your tastes have changed. I just don't see the point in owning a bunch of denim that will probably never see the light of day let alone a hot soak. It doesn't appreciate so it's not exactly an investment. To me wearing the denim is the fun, not looking at those copper rivets or 3/4 lined back pockets while they sit in your wardrobe gathering dust. Theoretically these 2 pairs were probably going to have a life on the shelf and now that they are shorts, they have seen way more wear then if they were still jeans.

I simply posted to show people what they look like. I bought the jeans and am free to do what I like with them. If you don't like it cool, you are entitled to your opinion. Apart from this (long) post, I didn't plan on clogging poor Kiya's Self Edge thread and for that I apologise. I figured since both were purchased from his store that displaying them here could provide people with ideas.

Moving on...

please stop cluttering the thread with useless comments

back on topic please.

Yo dawg, it was on topic. Kiya really did give me a muscle milk when I was at self edge and he told me to bulk up, you don't believe me? Ask him son.

Maybe my self depreciating humor wasn't all that good, but you didn't give me anything in the way of constructive criticism and that too hurts my feelings

We've had customers at SELA buy brand new jeans and have us hem them into shorts for biking, hiking or just because they wanted a good pair of shorts. At the end of the day, it's your hard earned money and you know what will get the most utility in your closet.